xbox game pass pc graphics running hot on some games

Discus and support xbox game pass pc graphics running hot on some games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So i just started playing operencia on the PC where my graphics card runs above 84c degrees. my fan is at full throttle but wont reduce it. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Wilkster, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Wilkster
    Wilkster Guest

So i just started playing operencia on the PC where my graphics card runs above 84c degrees. my fan is at full throttle but wont reduce it.

I tried turning down the settings but it did nothing to lower the temp. I even restarted the game to see if that would do anything.

Another game I had trouble with was gears 5. run really hot so I ended up uninstalling after i finished my first playthrough.

Other games on game pass which u expect to run hot like Outer worlds and Rage 2 I had no problems with temp.

:)

Wilkster, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Christyna64 Win User

I've noticed that on Xbox Gamepass PC the games aren't optimized or updated the same as a regular release of a game. Some games on Gamepass PC don't have achievents when the console version does. The Gamepass versions seem to be different some how. Maybe
    try resetting the Xbox beta app by right clicking it, then click more, then app settings.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Not all PC's are the same, to that end, please advise us of what your system specs are. Are you running on a laptop or a gaming PC?

Also, what resolution are you running this game? The higher the resolution the more your graphics hardware is pushed which will result in higher temperatures.
  4. Wilkster Win User

Sorry forgot to mention in my post that I did clean my computer fans inside, and tried my best to clean the fan on the graphics card.

The driver is up to date so is everything else.

yeah, probably right, will wait for game update.
  5. Wishcatcher Win User

Hi,

If your amd or nvidia drivers are up to date, there is nothing to do excepted maybe check your graphic fan ( sometimes it help ).

But mainly you have to wait games update...

Regards
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

resolution 3840 x 2160 on Sony bravia HDR 55" tv.
    Your pushing it too hard. I've not played Operencia so I have no idea how well it performs, but I have played Gears 5 and it will make your GPU cry if you push the resolution too high. Gears 5 has its own dynamic
    scaler, so even if you set it to 3840x2160, it won't actually run the game internaly at that resolution most of the time. The sweet spot on a GTX 1080Ti is 1440P or 2560x1440 same is it is on my RTX 2080 for the latest AAA titles.

As for the temperature on 1080Ti GPU, 84C is the thermal throttle point on that GPU. Which means at that temperature the GPU will actually slow down slightly to keep the temperature stable. It shouldn't damage the
    card, but it will push the fans harder and increase the noise levels.

The GTX 1080Ti is still a very good graphics card, but you won't hit 4K on the latest games, only the RTX 2080Ti comes close to that level of performance and even that struggles.
Thema:

1. xbox game pass pc graphics running hot on some games - Similar Threads - game pass graphics

2. Can't Remove Old Xbox One X from game pass app

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Remove Old Xbox One X from game pass app: This is a continuing issue. I have the game pass app on my phone and tablet, it still shows an xbox that I don't have anymore(gave it to a friend). The probloem is when I remotely download a game,...
  3. game pass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass PC: eu tenho a assinatura do game pass ultimate e gostaria de mudar para a verão somete de PC, por que não tenho mais um console só Computador agora. -[Translation - I have the ultimate game pass...
  4. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate with Discord Nitro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate with Discord Nitro: I recently purchased Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, and noticed you are eligible to redeem codes to Discord Nitro and Spotify Premium for a limited time, I would like to claim the Discord Nitro code but...
  5. Sunset Overdrive - can't start the game (Windows 10 Xbox Game pass)

in XBoX on Windows
    Sunset Overdrive - can't start the game (Windows 10 Xbox Game pass): Hello, I want to play Sunset Overdrive via Xbox Game Pass on my PC. I can launch the game but as soon as I try to start the campaign, the autosave screen appears and after that, it brings me back...
  6. Halo MCC PC Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo MCC PC Game Pass: Hello, i keep crashing on Halo Reach and i hate watching the intro movie. I found what people are doing on steam to disable it by renaming the file FMS logo micrososft 7_1bk2, but windows won't...
  7. Game installed from both game pass and disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game installed from both game pass and disc: Hello, I have a question, if a game is installed on my xbox from an active gamepass subscription, but I insert the disc with the game, will the game run from the disc or game pass? thank you...
  8. Joined XBOX Game Pass Ultimate by mistake

in XBoX on Consoles
    Joined XBOX Game Pass Ultimate by mistake: I Joined Game Pass Ultimate by mistake by pressing A several times on the wrong screen with TV off.I already have an XBOX gold subscription deducted on October 2019 cost 49;99. I am unable to...
  9. Game Pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Pass: Estou com problema para acessar todos jogos apos ter pago a Game Pass. Ela havia vencido no mês de Novembro e hoje fui efetuar o pagamento mudando p cartão, porém nao acessa os jogos, no caso do...
  10. Family plan for Xbox game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family plan for Xbox game pass: Hello, I currently have a game pass subscription and just purchased an Xbox one x. My son's are active duty military and they both have an Xbox One S Is there an upgrade option to a family plan...