xbox game pass pc graphics running hot on some games

Discus and support xbox game pass pc graphics running hot on some games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So i just started playing operencia on the PC where my graphics card runs above 84c degrees. my fan is at full throttle but wont reduce it. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Wilkster, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Wilkster
    Wilkster Guest

So i just started playing operencia on the PC where my graphics card runs above 84c degrees. my fan is at full throttle but wont reduce it.

I tried turning down the settings but it did nothing to lower the temp. I even restarted the game to see if that would do anything.

Another game I had trouble with was gears 5. run really hot so I ended up uninstalling after i finished my first playthrough.

Other games on game pass which u expect to run hot like Outer worlds and Rage 2 I had no problems with temp.

:)

Wilkster, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Christyna64 Win User

I've noticed that on Xbox Gamepass PC the games aren't optimized or updated the same as a regular release of a game. Some games on Gamepass PC don't have achievents when the console version does. The Gamepass versions seem to be different some how. Maybe
    try resetting the Xbox beta app by right clicking it, then click more, then app settings.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Not all PC's are the same, to that end, please advise us of what your system specs are. Are you running on a laptop or a gaming PC?

Also, what resolution are you running this game? The higher the resolution the more your graphics hardware is pushed which will result in higher temperatures.
  4. Wilkster Win User

Sorry forgot to mention in my post that I did clean my computer fans inside, and tried my best to clean the fan on the graphics card.

The driver is up to date so is everything else.

yeah, probably right, will wait for game update.
  5. Wishcatcher Win User

Hi,

If your amd or nvidia drivers are up to date, there is nothing to do excepted maybe check your graphic fan ( sometimes it help ).

But mainly you have to wait games update...

Regards
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

resolution 3840 x 2160 on Sony bravia HDR 55" tv.
    Your pushing it too hard. I've not played Operencia so I have no idea how well it performs, but I have played Gears 5 and it will make your GPU cry if you push the resolution too high. Gears 5 has its own dynamic
    scaler, so even if you set it to 3840x2160, it won't actually run the game internaly at that resolution most of the time. The sweet spot on a GTX 1080Ti is 1440P or 2560x1440 same is it is on my RTX 2080 for the latest AAA titles.

As for the temperature on 1080Ti GPU, 84C is the thermal throttle point on that GPU. Which means at that temperature the GPU will actually slow down slightly to keep the temperature stable. It shouldn't damage the
    card, but it will push the fans harder and increase the noise levels.

The GTX 1080Ti is still a very good graphics card, but you won't hit 4K on the latest games, only the RTX 2080Ti comes close to that level of performance and even that struggles.
Thema:

1. xbox game pass pc graphics running hot on some games - Similar Threads - game pass graphics

2. Activating game pass ultimate to xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Activating game pass ultimate to xbox: I just bought a game pass ultimate for my son's x box but it's telling me the code is not active. 59d122ff-a429-4549-b1b8-806684f300cd
  3. Game pass ultimate not getting all the ea play discount or game trials

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass ultimate not getting all the ea play discount or game trials: Hi I bought games pass ultimate 2 day ago and did not receive the the discount on ea games or there game trials and when go to on the ea play app it said I need to by ea play to use the app....
  4. No me deja cancelar la suscripción de xbox game pass -[Translation - It won't let me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No me deja cancelar la suscripción de xbox game pass -[Translation - It won't let me...: Hola buenas tardes. Estoy teniendo un problema con la suscripción de xbox game pass y es que no me deja cancelarla; tampoco estoy pudiendo obtener un reembolso. Me gustaría que alguien me ayudara...
  5. xbox game pass for pc parental controls

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game pass for pc parental controls: I just got game pass for PC, and I can't install a game because it says that it is above my restrictions. I have tried for so long to figure out how to turn off parental controls. I am almost 40...
  6. Xbox Game Pass Error 0x8007001f on iMac External SSD FIX!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass Error 0x8007001f on iMac External SSD FIX!: I've been plagued with error 0x8007001f when installing games from the Xbox Game Pass / Microsoft Store app with my Windows 10 Home (2004) install on an external SSD on my 2019 iMac 27" and it's...
  7. How does the $1 Game Pass work?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How does the $1 Game Pass work?: It says in this article that you can get 1 month free of Game Pass for Ultimate, PC, or Console: https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass I have two questions: 1: Is it for new customers only?...
  8. Sharing an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription between an xbox and a PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sharing an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription between an xbox and a PC: Dear all, This might be a bit confusing, so I will try to keep it as simplified as possible (if any more details are required, please let me know!). I have an xbox account for well over a decade...
  9. Can't redeem Xbox Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't redeem Xbox Game Pass: I have been unsuccessfully trying to redeem a 3-month Xbox Game Pass. I have followed the instructions exactly as shown on the card but the response I get is either: "Check the instructions that...
  10. Huge Game Pass Problem with Dirt 2

in XboX Insiders
    Huge Game Pass Problem with Dirt 2: So last night I decided to try dirt 2, got it, and played. Got back on today and says it is offline. I try to repair the app and restart, now it's literally gone. Gone off Xbox store, gone off my...