Xbox Game Pass PC required windows update not installing

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC required windows update not installing in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I recently had to get an SSD because my old hard drive stopped working. From everything on my PC it's telling me that windows is up to date. But... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CaiusAegis, Mar 4, 2021.

1. CaiusAegis
    CaiusAegis Guest

So I recently had to get an SSD because my old hard drive stopped working. From everything on my PC it's telling me that windows is up to date. But when I try to install the Game Pass launcher it says I have to update windows. So it updates, restarts, then sits on the "Getting windows ready screen" for a while as it loads up to around 27% then jumps to 30% then 50%. Then it restarts again and gives me the message "undoing changes made to your computer" and not completing the update so I can't install the Game Pass launcher.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've gone through every fix I can find online and I've done every update my PC allows me to. I'm not sure what else can be done.

:)

CaiusAegis, Mar 4, 2021
  2. bowski477 Win User

Purchasing Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for PC

Game Pass for PC requires the latest update to Windows 10 and the
    Xbox Beta app
    installed. Do you have both of those?
  3. Sp33d103 Win User

Application Fails after Xbox Game Pass PC Beta

Just did 2 Clean installs of Windows 10 1909.

The first install i did all windows updates/Driver updates then installed xbox pc beta game pass then installed 2 games and then attempted to install dragon center from MSI. it installed and then failed to run with the same errors i was getting before.

The second install i installed driver updates and then installed Dragon Center. Configured the system with Dragon Center. Then installed all windows updates, Xbox pc beta game pass and then installed a game and played. Dragon center still worked after playing
    the game. once i restarted the computer dragon center was broken with the same errors as before. Something is breaking the program in the xbox pc game pass install.
  4. RafaelMouraB-DB3E4E3 Win User

xbox game pass pc xcload

You only can play Xbox Game Pass PC games with the last build of Windows 10. U want to update to last build, install xbox beta app and after install games.
  5. 3a0657a4-ae60-44dd-b Win User

Xbox wont sign in on windows 10

Hello

I don't understand what it says but you can turn on Windows 10 updates for white screen issue.

For system requirements, please see here.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-games?xr=shellnav#requirements
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC Beta on Windows 10 LTSC

Hi,

Not only does Win 10 LTSC not get updates very often, it' is also missing the Windows Store.

Game Pass on PC uses the Windows 10 Store to download the games, they don't download and install via the app. No Windows Store, no PC Game Pass compatabilty.

LTSC was designed for mission critical work tasks, not gaming.

You'll need one of the consumer versions of Windows 10 to use Game Pass.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass PC required windows update not installing - Similar Threads - Game Pass required

2. Game requiring game pass for no reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game requiring game pass for no reason: Problem for me was that I have not had gamepass for over 2 years now. All of the sudden I tried to play Fallout 76 and I can’t play because it says I need gamepass. I played it a few days prior...
  3. Game Pass game purchase "Buy to Own" still requiring me to have a GP Subscription.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass game purchase "Buy to Own" still requiring me to have a GP Subscription.: I thought "Buy to Own" meant you own it. Not "Buy to Own as long as you pay us 10-15$ a month in order to play it." Example: I bought Hyderdot awhile back, GP Sub expired on Nov. 4th, paid 1.99...
  4. Game Pass on PC "This app or game requires more room than your drive has available".

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass on PC "This app or game requires more room than your drive has available".: I can't download any games even though I have more that enough room on my drive. How do I fix this? eb2f9f6e-aa10-452f-be1f-12476a309a4b
  5. Game Pass Administrator Approval required for Installation

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass Administrator Approval required for Installation: I am unable to install any game from Game Pas that requires Administrator Approval for Installation. This was working fine until the last Windows 10 update and now I cant install anything. Does...
  6. Game Pass for PC - Installation issue for games that require administrator approval

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass for PC - Installation issue for games that require administrator approval: Hi, I'm having trouble installing games that require administrator approval. I have paid for the Game Pass and I am not able to use it. I am logged in to my PC with a microsoft account and I am...
  7. Cannot download Xbox Game Pass for PC games that require Administrator Approval

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download Xbox Game Pass for PC games that require Administrator Approval: As said in the title, I cannot download any games that say "Administrator Approval Required for Installation." It just downloads till the end, then gives me an error, and the error code is...
  8. Xbox Game Pass for PC - Cannot install games that say "Administrator approval required for...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC - Cannot install games that say "Administrator approval required for...: Hi there, I have tried a few options , but am unable to install some games that say they need administrator approval in the Xbox (Beta) app on PC (Windows 10 version 10.0.18362 Build 18362) This...
  9. Game Pass mobile requirements

in XBoX on Mobile
    Game Pass mobile requirements: Hi, I wanted to download the Game Pass mobile app but it didn't work. I only have a Huawei Y625 (yeah I'm poor). So what does it need to make this app run ? 05dc0cee-aed0-4b5b-8f49-00f50ca87f18
  10. Xbox Game Pass for PC: Still Can't Install Any Games That Require Administrator Approval

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC: Still Can't Install Any Games That Require Administrator Approval: I have the latest versions of Windows and of Xbox for PC (beta). I tried almost every possible solution I found (except a fresh re-installation of windows 10) but to no avail. It seems to have...