Xbox Game Renting... A future possibility?

Discus and support Xbox Game Renting... A future possibility? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; We already have "Free Play Days" which allows you to play a game for a few days and then takes away the ability to play that game after a set time. The... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/leftrightparadox, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Xbox Game Renting... A future possibility?

We already have "Free Play Days" which allows you to play a game for a few days and then takes away the ability to play that game after a set time. The store already has a function to do this with Movies & Tv Shows. So why not take it one step further and allow us the ability to rent any game on the store? Would only require an extra button next to "Buy" in the store and the same functionality of removing the ability to play the game after a set rental period. Just like how "Free Play Days" work. I know the counter to my argument will be "but muh game pass". But there is no reason the two can't exist together. Game Pass is a Flat Rate service. Game Rental would be pay as you go.

Just like the old days of going to the video store and renting a game (or Sega Megadrive ). It also allows people to try before they buy. I bought many a game back in the day this way. It also helps with buyers remorse and hostility towards game developers.

It would give people another good reason to play Xbox instead of PlayStation and work towards Microsoft being the Netflix of gaming.

But hey, if Microsoft hates money. That's cool. Just ignore me .

submitted by /u/leftrightparadox
    [link] [comments]

/u/leftrightparadox, Jan 12, 2020
  2. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

Weapons in '**** Kit Shortcut"

Should of use the money to rent your own server. Or for future dlc.
  3. Sword Style Win User

Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer.

I hope it's nothing like Left 4 Dead or AVP. If it is, then I forsee a rent in its future.
  4. IRB Win User

My Movies and Videos won't play on my phone

Just a note to Shockwave2211, if you rented the video on your Surface, you can only watch it on the Surface. You cannot rent on one device and continue on a different one. Perhaps they will enhance this in the future, but currently that is the way it works.
  5. Philip1979 Win User

Lego Lord of the Rings review.

Look forward to renting this from LoveFilm in the near future. Loved the LOTR films/books so this shall be a treat to play!
  6. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

Problems with Ultimate bundle download

Yeah I understand you might of just got the game and late to the party. But still there's plenty of other new low ranks. Why spend money? Game is easy the way it is. Should of kept the money for future dlc or rent a server. IMO
Thema:

Xbox Game Renting... A future possibility?

1. Xbox Game Renting... A future possibility? - Similar Threads - Game Renting future

2. Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Pass: Ganhei um cartão do Game Pass no valor de R$29 por um mês e gostaria de saber se quando acabar a assinatura dele,continuarei com os jogos do Game Pass instalados. [Mod Translation - I won a Game...
  3. Pending credits, from over a year ago. Also bought games, rented movies and got no credits for ...

in XBoX Rewards
    Pending credits, from over a year ago. Also bought games, rented movies and got no credits for ...: well the title says it, I have multiple pending credits, spanning from over a year ago. Have also bought games, dlcs, rented movies and haven’t gotten gems or credits for them I believe. Was...
  4. I am unable to rent movies and download games from my game pass for 2 days. Please help me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to rent movies and download games from my game pass for 2 days. Please help me.: I can't load games from my game pass and won't let me rent movies. please help. f2160cef-34bc-4068-a11f-ee0be9f6448a
  5. Unable to browse, rent or purchase movies or games from store after update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to browse, rent or purchase movies or games from store after update.: Received and update on my xbox one for the store app, now I am unable to view, rent or purchase anything in the store or anything linked to the store from the dashboard. Get an error that does...
  6. Does DLC work for games you "Rent" at Gamefly?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does DLC work for games you "Rent" at Gamefly?: Seems like I read somewhere that certain DLC packages would not work with game rentals from places like Gamely. I know the games from Gamefly are different because I traded one in at Gamestop...
  7. Will The Xbox One Ever Stop Renting Their Games With Gold?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will The Xbox One Ever Stop Renting Their Games With Gold?: First I should start this thread by saying I am not a loyal fangirl who expects MS to give me anything for free. I am employed and they give me this stuff called money. :) I actually am not even...
  8. XBOX one have to restart to access rented game

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX one have to restart to access rented game: Have to restart console when trying to play game. Started up the console, inserted disk, tried to access the game through the menu but nothing happened. Tried several ways to access and...
  9. Make a rent online games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Make a rent online games: Make a rent a game from xboz one for 1 dolar for 24 hours or 48 hours This is a good idea people don't have the game test it if they like it buy it Make sure if you make this the time start...
  10. Would you rather keep the games lie GwG does or sort of rent it like psn+ does?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would you rather keep the games lie GwG does or sort of rent it like psn+ does?: I see what people mean by with GWG, you keep the account, but looking at the game they give us. Sleeping dogs guys is like 5 years old. But looking at it, psn+ lets u keep the game, up umtil you...