Xbox Game Sharing Not Working

Discus and support Xbox Game Sharing Not Working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Me and my friend ha e been trying to game share a game for ages but even though he made my account my home xbox the game we try to play together is not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlfieJG, Aug 8, 2019.

1. AlfieJG
    AlfieJG Guest

Me and my friend ha e been trying to game share a game for ages but even though he made my account my home xbox the game we try to play together is not there for him?

Me and my friend have tried everything and i don’t know what to do?

Any help please.

:)

AlfieJG, Aug 8, 2019
  2. AlfieJG Win User

Hi ,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

First of all, I would be cautious about game sharing in this manner as it violates the

Xbox Live Code of Conduct
    to share account information and your account is therefore compromised if it is on someone else's console who could have access to your account information without the proper account security.

When an account designates an Xbox One as it's
    Home Console
    , all other accounts on the same console would have the benefit of playing the games that account owns. Each account can only have one home console and you only have 5 switches per year. It all depends on what game you want to share and who
    owns it. That person would need to make the other person's Xbox the Home console, but the person would need to physically put in their log in information and lock down their profile. Sharing account details is not allowed on Xbox Live.

Home console sharing is meant to share games and subscrptions within the same household between family members. Anything else would violate the Code of Conduct for account sharing.
    Btw when i said friend i meant my brother. Thanks for the help.
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Xbox game sharing not working

Hey there Josh Murray

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for clarity when it comes to sharing games. I can understand how not being able to play this game your friend is trying to share with you could certainly be disheartening.

Does your friend have Game Pass Ultimate or the regular game pass?

Also, have you tried
    uninstalling and reinstalling
    the game itself? I before the introduction of Game Pass Ultimate, when one had their Game Pass cancelled if they still had it installed, it would turn into a trial.

When you get a chance, try uninstalling the game and see if it let's you reinstall it.

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks!
  4. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Xbox game sharing not working

I think with sharing Game some one else is not good by the Conduct Term of Use by Microsoft and Xbox. But try find some answer in http://support.microsoft.com
  5. AlfieJG Win User

Hey there !

Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox Community Answer Forums! I understand you are having problems game sharing with your friend. You will need to designate your friend's account's home Xbox to your Xbox to game share. Keep in mind, that your friend will
    only be able to play the games you share on that particular Xbox. You can also take a look at the following resource for more help:

I hope you are able to find a solution to your problem. Let me know if you need any further help. :)
    Thanks.

But it wont let me make my account my home xbox for some reason
  6. {Parity} Win User

Sharing your login information with anyone is against the ToU/CoC and could result in a ban. You should never share your login credentials with anyone.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Sharing Not Working - Similar Threads - Game Sharing Working

2. Xbox Game Share/ Xbox Home is NOT WORKING!!! HELP PLEASE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Share/ Xbox Home is NOT WORKING!!! HELP PLEASE: Hello SUPPORT GROUP OF MICROSOFT/XBOX, So, my cousin’s gamesharing is not working, when my console is clearly the NEWLY DESIGNATED Xbox Home, as I followed the procedure on “How to make your...
  3. Call of Duty Black Ops 4 game share not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Black Ops 4 game share not working: EDIT: This has been going on for a few months, not related to days content issue of 8/6/2019 So I gameshare with my younger brother who owns BO4. Before this I did not own the game at all, BUT I...
  4. Xbox game sharing not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game sharing not working: Can someone help? I had purchased the xbox game pass last month and downloaded Monster Hunter World, but now my subscription has ended and it doesn’t work anymore. But then my friend bought...
  5. Game Share Survey Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Share Survey Not Working: I game shared my xbox 5 times already. But I was wondering if I could get another game share so I pressed HELP. I scrolled down to NUMBER OF SWITCHES and it said ANSWER A SURVEY TO RECEIVE AN...
  6. Game Share doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Share doesn't work: Hi My friend told me if i wanted to game share just told him. He logged in his account in to MY xbox 1 s and i press the "make this to ty home xbox" button and it worked well untill i went to...
  7. Game sharing is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game sharing is not working: So yesterday I was using my friends game share it was working perfect. I was able to play online but then at some point it asked me to purchase xbox live and I wasn't able to go online. I checked...
  8. Diablo 3, Sharing the game with friend wont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 3, Sharing the game with friend wont work: I bought Diablo 3 the other day and it works just fine for me to play but when my friend downloaded it as well on his xbox, he can't play using his account. It only works with mine. This has...
  9. Game Sharing Not working for Battleifield 5

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Sharing Not working for Battleifield 5: My friend who i game share with got gifted battlefield 5, i downloaded it but it only let me play for 10 hours for the Ea Access Trial, and now i cant start the game, I tried restarting the...
  10. Game Sharing not working properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Sharing not working properly: I've recently started game sharing with another friend and we both have everything set correctly. I signed into their account and set their account as "My Home Xbox" on my Xbox and they did the...