Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) won't connect with wife's laptop

Discus and support Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) won't connect with wife's laptop in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to set my wife up with streaming in-home from the Xbox so she can play games while we also have the TV on for our shows, but it seems like it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheColdOne, Aug 27, 2021.

1. TheColdOne
    TheColdOne Guest

I wanted to set my wife up with streaming in-home from the Xbox so she can play games while we also have the TV on for our shows, but it seems like it just won't connect.

We installed the app, chose the initial (click here to stream, may take 2-5 minutes) button and then it either freezes after 2 seconds or just sits on the animated startup indefinitely.

On my own desktop I can connect fine with no issues though, so I know it CAN work on our network.

I even ran the Remote Play test/activation while logged into her profile, but that didn't seem to do anything.

:)

TheColdOne, Aug 27, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi TheColdOne! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Press the Start button, select Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking, and look for NAT Type under Xbox Live multiplayer.
  3. Smwutches Win User

how do you play your xbox on your pc

4. SILVERWOLF1514 Win User

unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

Yes, streaming games. Did stream test and everything was/is ok. Xbox is wired, tried laptop on both 2.4G and 5G WIFI both work the same. Like I said I can start to stream (game) but if minimize app, close app, open something else or even use the keyboard
    to type the video freezes and I can only unfreeze it by restarting my xbox but on my old laptop (HP notebook) the video never froze. The new laptop is a MSI.
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

Can I ask for a bit of extra info?

Did you run the streaming network test from the Xbox app on your laptop, if so what were the results?

Is your console / laptop using Wi-Fi or wired connections?

If using Wi-Fi,is it 2.4mhz or 5mhz?
  6. IRB Win User

Xbox One playing a 4K bluray rip over gigabit network

Sounds like you have tried the main stuff. Perhaps the apps on Xbox (Kodi/VLC) don't work well with 4K streaming.

I assume the laptop streams it over the wired connection as well, or wirelessly?

If wirelessly, try connecting it to Ethernet to test it that way, and you could try the xbox on wireless to see what it does.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) won't connect with wife's laptop - Similar Threads - Game Streaming Test

2. Unable to Connect to PC with XBox Game Streaming Test App Tonight: Anyone Else?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to Connect to PC with XBox Game Streaming Test App Tonight: Anyone Else?: Seems to be a different issue than a few weeks ago. I just get a message that reads: "Try again in a while. We can't connect to your console right now". I was wondering if anyone else is...
  3. Xbox Game Streaming (test app) closes when i open it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Streaming (test app) closes when i open it.: Hello, Im unaware of what i actually need to post to get assistance but I'm trying to stream my Xbox series S to my Windows 10 Pc using the Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) , the latest version is...
  4. Xbox Game Streaming Test App error

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Streaming Test App error: [IMG] I cannot access my Xbox One S when trying to initiate a remote play connection. All I see is this:...
  5. Xbox Game Streaming Test App stopped working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Streaming Test App stopped working: [IMG] This morning when trying to connect through the Xbox Game Streaming Test App, it starts to connect to my Xbox Series X then replaces the connect screen with the image below. Well I am a...
  6. XSX Beta ring issue with Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) on Win10

in XboX Insiders
    XSX Beta ring issue with Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) on Win10: I've been using the Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) with my Series X for a month now, with no issues in initiating a streaming session from the console (where I have 'instant on' mode enabled)....
  7. Xbox game streaming (test app) connects and controls xbox but only gives black screen on...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game streaming (test app) connects and controls xbox but only gives black screen on...: [IMG] submitted by /u/rsjet [link] [comments]
  8. XBOX GAME STREAMING TEST APP IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE.

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX GAME STREAMING TEST APP IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE.: Hi, im streaming the xbox screen to my pc with the xbox game streaming test app, but it doesnt work anymore. please HELP dbc22375-dbf8-4eb5-a727-6711888513de
  9. Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) appears to be limited to 12mbps

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) appears to be limited to 12mbps: [IMG] Isn't clear where to file this feedback, so apologies in advance if this isn't the spot. I'm currently using the Xbox Game Streaming (Test App) 1.2101.1901.0 and it appears streaming...
  10. Xbox game streaming (test app) issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game streaming (test app) issues: I originally posted this on the gears of war 5 forum "I have a problem and I would like to know if it is happening to someone too … I change the control settings to alternative or whatever, the...