Xbox GameDrive external ssd compatable with PC ?

Discus and support Xbox GameDrive external ssd compatable with PC ? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; is the Xbox GameDrive external SSD compatable with delL laptop? 1bf70400-ba27-460f-bfa1-9731f8b56b55 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by pointguard7595, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Xbox GameDrive external ssd compatable with PC ?

is the Xbox GameDrive external SSD compatable with delL laptop?

:)

pointguard7595, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

The only thing technically different about these drives is there formatting. Xbox branded drives are already formated for use with the console.

To use them on your PC you need to run Windows 10 disk manager and format the drive.

I don't know where you are from but in my country (UK) these drives are seriously overpriced. You can get a bigger stand alone SSD for less, just plug it in to a external drive enclosure. Even with the enclosure price, it's still cheaper.
  3. Leemur60 Win User

Hi

You will be able to use the drive on a PC but any data on there will not be readable by the PC. You would need to format it via the PC which will wipe any data on the drive. Just make sure you format the correct drive! :)
  4. yobrizo Win User

Hello. You can use it without problems. but better an internal one if you can. port transfer speeds are higher
  5. darkist1 Win User

Yes it is, but any information on the drive might be lost if you need to format it.
  6. Ironwilled Win User

Hi There,

Most external hard drives can be used with laptops, but they require some extra work, because of the extra formatting that must take place in order to recognize one format or another. Take a look at this thread and see if you can gather some useful information
    regarding what you would like to do with your hard drive.

Link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...rd-drive/138271c4-22b7-438e-803d-221a5f662ae9
Thema:

1. Xbox GameDrive external ssd compatable with PC ? - Similar Threads - GameDrive external ssd

2. can't download specific games onto my external ssd from the xbox app or the microsoft store...

in XBoX on Windows
    can't download specific games onto my external ssd from the xbox app or the microsoft store...: tried to download crackdown 3 and middle earth shadow of war from the xbox app both gave me the same error message 0x80070015 "the storage you were downloading to has become disconnected"...
  3. my external storage

in XBoX Accessibility
    my external storage: my x box external memory does not light up but hear it running and does not show saved material is it shot or broke ? 767d45ac-a39d-4f43-9a8e-a34c1963e68d
  4. Media not playing on external drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media not playing on external drive: I have a 5tb western digital my passport drive with roughly 3tb worth of video files on it. Some of the files play some dont on the default media player or VLC. If i copy the files that don't...
  5. How to move DLC from a game downloaded on XBOX PC app (Microsoft Store) to an external drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to move DLC from a game downloaded on XBOX PC app (Microsoft Store) to an external drive?: Again I am having issues with this extemelly complicated and buggy software called Microsoft Store, and it's new games shell Xbox App for PC. I find it very frustrating, that it doesn't have...
  6. recording to an external NTFS drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    recording to an external NTFS drive.: Got an external drive formatted to NTFS to record gameplay, but my Xbox one isn't allowing me to choose it as a capture location. When I plug it in the Xbox pops up with [external media storage...
  7. External hard disc on two Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard disc on two Xbox One: I currently have a Xbox One with an external hard disc where my games are. CanI use the content of this external hard disc on a different Xbox One? (with the same Microsoft account, I plan to get...
  8. Xbox one external hardrive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one external hardrive: I was wondering if i buy a external hardrive for my xbox and i put my games on their what if my external hardrive breaks will my games be stuck on their ? ad188791-39d3-42d5-bd7d-075f30d27acc
  9. External hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not working: I recently got a external hard drive but I tried to download a game on it and it keeps saying installation stopped i have restarted the console i have changed the ports but it still doesn't work...
  10. Problem accessing .mkv videofiles with XBox One S / X when located on Seagate 8 TB GameDrive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem accessing .mkv videofiles with XBox One S / X when located on Seagate 8 TB GameDrive: Hello, I have the following strange problem if i want to access .mkv videofiles from my Seagate 8 TB GameDrives: 1. all .mkv videofiles work fine with Windows 10 apps like Movies & TV an VLC...