Xbox GameDrive external ssd compatable with PC ?

Discus and support Xbox GameDrive external ssd compatable with PC ? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; is the Xbox GameDrive external SSD compatable with delL laptop? 1bf70400-ba27-460f-bfa1-9731f8b56b55 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by pointguard7595, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Xbox GameDrive external ssd compatable with PC ?

is the Xbox GameDrive external SSD compatable with delL laptop?

:)

pointguard7595, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

The only thing technically different about these drives is there formatting. Xbox branded drives are already formated for use with the console.

To use them on your PC you need to run Windows 10 disk manager and format the drive.

I don't know where you are from but in my country (UK) these drives are seriously overpriced. You can get a bigger stand alone SSD for less, just plug it in to a external drive enclosure. Even with the enclosure price, it's still cheaper.
  3. Leemur60 Win User

Hi

You will be able to use the drive on a PC but any data on there will not be readable by the PC. You would need to format it via the PC which will wipe any data on the drive. Just make sure you format the correct drive! :)
  4. yobrizo Win User

Hello. You can use it without problems. but better an internal one if you can. port transfer speeds are higher
  5. darkist1 Win User

Yes it is, but any information on the drive might be lost if you need to format it.
  6. Ironwilled Win User

Hi There,

Most external hard drives can be used with laptops, but they require some extra work, because of the extra formatting that must take place in order to recognize one format or another. Take a look at this thread and see if you can gather some useful information
    regarding what you would like to do with your hard drive.

Link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...rd-drive/138271c4-22b7-438e-803d-221a5f662ae9
Thema:

1. Xbox GameDrive external ssd compatable with PC ? - Similar Threads - GameDrive external ssd

2. External hard drive and how to switch bewteen consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive and how to switch bewteen consoles: Tryibg to let my son use my hard drive. But when i plug the hard drive into his xbox it will detect and not show any games or let us transfer games. My account is on both xboxes. How am i to let...
  3. Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive: My xbox one is connected to a Toshiba hard drive. The blue light is flashing. When i go to storage my hard drive doesn’t show ip, only the games stored on the xbox....
  4. External Hard Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Hard Drive: My external will not download games and will not load games that are downloaded on the hard drive. This has been going on for more than a month and I need to fix it because it is driving me crazy....
  5. External hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive: My external hard drive is connected and it pops up and says that it is connected but non of the games i have installed on it show up and i cant instal any thing else to it it shows that it is...
  6. can I install games to my external drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can I install games to my external drive: Please my internet is slow and I was wandering if there is a way I can install a game from the Microsoft store to my external storage without using much data 8b1a205f-2c6e-4408-ae1d-6b14130af778
  7. Xbox Failing to Format External Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Failing to Format External Drive: I have been using my Western Digital 2TB my passport ultra hard drive with my xbox one for about a year now without any issues. After the most recent update on 10/23/19, It detects the hard drive...
  8. External drive ready message every bootup prevents automatic updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    External drive ready message every bootup prevents automatic updates: I use energy saving mode and for a couple of months now I get an external drive ready message every time i boot up the console. This in itself wouldn't be a problem but it prevents automatic...
  9. Spontaneously stopped recognizing the external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spontaneously stopped recognizing the external hard drive: I have the xbox approved Seagate 2 tb external hard drive for my xbox one x. I have had it for 13 months. The xbox suddenly stopped recognizing the hard drive. I switched and tried all three usb...
  10. Problem accessing .mkv videofiles with XBox One S / X when located on Seagate 8 TB GameDrive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem accessing .mkv videofiles with XBox One S / X when located on Seagate 8 TB GameDrive: Hello, I have the following strange problem if i want to access .mkv videofiles from my Seagate 8 TB GameDrives: 1. all .mkv videofiles work fine with Windows 10 apps like Movies & TV an VLC...