Xbox gamer tag

Discus and support Xbox gamer tag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Apparently, Xbox assigned my son a "gamer tag" to his Microsoft account. Now, when he logs on on other games (ie Minecraft) it shows that gamer tag... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Pigmage713, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Pigmage713
    Pigmage713 Guest

Xbox gamer tag

Apparently, Xbox assigned my son a "gamer tag" to his Microsoft account. Now, when he logs on on other games (ie Minecraft) it shows that gamer tag which we DID NOT choose and are not sure where it came from. I have tried for the past 45 minutes to get
    it changed online and keep getting an error. I DO NOT want the gamer tag chosen for him to stay with him - I need to get it changed or deleted or something. We no longer have the Xbox so I cannot change it on there. Thank you for your assistance.

:)

Pigmage713, Sep 3, 2019
  2. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Change the Username witch is allready in use help

Hello there oOI BUMBUM IOo When an Xbox live member chooses an Xbox gamer-tag, they have the full rights to keep that gamer-tag even know if they have been inactive for years along with no gamer-score & no gold membership,
    you will not be able to request for the gamer-tag to be forced changed. The owner of the gamer-tag must change it himself or when a forced gamer tag change is imposed due to the gamer-tag violated the code of conduct in any sort of way, if the gamer tag you
    enter is already taken, you are prompted to try another gamer tag Also try to remember that gamer-tags are also tied to services like Zune or games for windows live. If a gt doesn't exist on Xbox or has already been taken, it might be in use on one of those
    Additional services like gfwl.
  3. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Gamertag Recycling

Hello there Plumpy Platypus When an Xbox live member chooses an Xbox gamer-tag, they have the full rights to keep that gamer-tag even know if they have been inactive for years along with no gamer-score & no gold membership, you will not
    be able to request for the gamer-tag to be forced changed. The owner of the gamer-tag must change it himself or when a forced gamer tag change is imposed due to the gamer-tag violated the code of conduct in any sort of way, if the gamer tag you enter is already
    taken, you are prompted to try another gamer tag Also try to remember that gamer-tags are also tied to services like Zune or games for windows live. If a gt doesn't exist on Xbox or has already been taken, it might be in use on one of those Additional services
    like gfwl.

The short short short version, No. As previously stated, you are prompted to try another gamer tag.
    Sorry, ^_^
  4. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Can i use this gamertag again?

Hello There,

DixieCrafting When An Xbox Live Member Chooses An Xbox Gamer-Tag, They Have The Full Rights To Keep That Gamer-Tag Even Know If They Have Been Inactive For Years Along With No Gamer-Score & No Gold Membership, If You Close Your Account It
    Will Remove The Gamer-tag & Be Open For Others To Use, If You Would Like To Keep The Gamer-Tag Please Do Not Cancel Your Microsoft Account Or Change The Gamer-Tag, You Would Not Be Happy Knowing That You Have Gave The Ability To Give Someone A
    Gamer-tag That You Once "Owned" Note One thing to remember is that spaces and capitalization don’t make your Gamer-Tag unique. For example, “”, “PR1NCEDARKNESS”, and “” They Are All The Same Gamer-Tags.
  5. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Gamertag

Smwutches Is Correct, The Only Way Your Going To Have Access To A "Gamer Tag" That Has Already Been Taken Is If That The "Gamer Tag" Was Changed By The Owner Of The Current Gamer-tag Or If Xbox Live Forced The Gamer-Tag To Be Changed If It Violated The Code
    Of Conduct In Some Form Or Way, Sorry Mate, You Are Going To Have To Find Another Gamer-Tag Or Be Creative, For Example, "Gengar Man" And So On.
  6. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Gamertag change help

Hello There,

IK IR Y IP T When An Xbox Live Member Chooses An Xbox Gamer-Tag, They Have The Full Rights To Keep That Gamer-Tag Even Know If They Have Been Inactive For Years Along With No Gamer-Score & No Gold Membership, You Will Not Be Able To Request
    For The Gamer-tag To Be Forced Changed. The Owner Of The Gamer-Tag Must Change It Himself Or When a forced gamertag change is imposed due to the Gamer-Tag Violated The Code Of Conduct In Any Sort Of Way, If the gamertag you enter is already taken, you are
    prompted to try another gamertag.
    Note Gamer-Tags are also tied to services like zune or games for windows live. If a gt doesn't exist on xbox, it might be in use on one of those services. If you try sending the Gamer-tag you want a friend
    request and it says it’s not a valid Gamer-tag that just means it isn’t used on xbox live, but it could be used for zune or gfwl.

One thing to remember is that spaces and capitalization don’t make your Gamer-Tag unique. For example, “”, “PR1NCEDARKNESS”, and “” They Are All The Same Gamer-Tags.
Thema:

Xbox gamer tag

1. Xbox gamer tag - Similar Threads - gamer tag

2. Changing MS account linked to a gamer tag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing MS account linked to a gamer tag: Hi, My son has been playing XBox games since he was 4 years old. He's progressed through all the XBox versions. His gamer tag and account was originally created under my email (which is also my...
  3. I have two gamer tags? Xbox one and Xbox 360

in XboX Insiders
    I have two gamer tags? Xbox one and Xbox 360: I have a gamer tag from Xbox one and different on Xbox 360 I want to have my Xbox 360 gamer tag someone please help submitted by /u/papachewlo [link] [comments]
  4. Changed my gamer tag and now I can't sign into my profile on any 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed my gamer tag and now I can't sign into my profile on any 360 games: I changed my default gamer-tag after many years and now my Xbox 360 games will not sign-in or allow me to download my new profile from the Xbox one. Please advise....
  5. Gamer Tag Change

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gamer Tag Change: Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they met this company in an alley way? $9.99 to change your gamer tag. This was reasonable to them? I would feel weird paying $1 but I'd probably do it....
  6. Moving my child’s Xbox and all his data and gamer tag off my email account and placing it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moving my child’s Xbox and all his data and gamer tag off my email account and placing it...: Hello all how is everyone. I hope you are well because I am going to start a heated topic. Back 23 years ago I had a child. That said child grew up into a little boy that just wanted a xbox for...
  7. Gamer Tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamer Tag: Yeah so ive been away from home for a little while and i come back to see that my little brother changed my gamertag and i would like to know if i could change it back for free cause i do not have...
  8. borderlands 2 ‘not signed in’ cant load progress from before gamer tag change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    borderlands 2 ‘not signed in’ cant load progress from before gamer tag change: okay so my son decided he wanted to change the gamertag name. he had been playing xbox 360 borderlands 2 on the xbox one. once he changed his name, when he tries to log on, it jusf says ‘not...
  9. Delete gamer tags from the friends list when playing Minecraft online on Nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Delete gamer tags from the friends list when playing Minecraft online on Nintendo switch: How do I Delete gamer tags from the friends list when playing Minecraft online on Nintendo switch? 03750a92-ffbe-4605-8142-7287ad995d6d
  10. Xbox child account live gamer tag creation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox child account live gamer tag creation: Hi , when my child tries to create a game tag / Xbox live account using his Microsoft account on a pc there is a problem. when he is asked to get permission from a parent I type in my email then...