Xbox gamer tag

Discus and support Xbox gamer tag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Apparently, Xbox assigned my son a "gamer tag" to his Microsoft account. Now, when he logs on on other games (ie Minecraft) it shows that gamer tag... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Pigmage713, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Pigmage713
    Pigmage713 Guest

Xbox gamer tag

Apparently, Xbox assigned my son a "gamer tag" to his Microsoft account. Now, when he logs on on other games (ie Minecraft) it shows that gamer tag which we DID NOT choose and are not sure where it came from. I have tried for the past 45 minutes to get
    it changed online and keep getting an error. I DO NOT want the gamer tag chosen for him to stay with him - I need to get it changed or deleted or something. We no longer have the Xbox so I cannot change it on there. Thank you for your assistance.

:)

Pigmage713, Sep 3, 2019
  2. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Change the Username witch is allready in use help

Hello there oOI BUMBUM IOo When an Xbox live member chooses an Xbox gamer-tag, they have the full rights to keep that gamer-tag even know if they have been inactive for years along with no gamer-score & no gold membership,
    you will not be able to request for the gamer-tag to be forced changed. The owner of the gamer-tag must change it himself or when a forced gamer tag change is imposed due to the gamer-tag violated the code of conduct in any sort of way, if the gamer tag you
    enter is already taken, you are prompted to try another gamer tag Also try to remember that gamer-tags are also tied to services like Zune or games for windows live. If a gt doesn't exist on Xbox or has already been taken, it might be in use on one of those
    Additional services like gfwl.
  3. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Gamertag Recycling

Hello there Plumpy Platypus When an Xbox live member chooses an Xbox gamer-tag, they have the full rights to keep that gamer-tag even know if they have been inactive for years along with no gamer-score & no gold membership, you will not
    be able to request for the gamer-tag to be forced changed. The owner of the gamer-tag must change it himself or when a forced gamer tag change is imposed due to the gamer-tag violated the code of conduct in any sort of way, if the gamer tag you enter is already
    taken, you are prompted to try another gamer tag Also try to remember that gamer-tags are also tied to services like Zune or games for windows live. If a gt doesn't exist on Xbox or has already been taken, it might be in use on one of those Additional services
    like gfwl.

The short short short version, No. As previously stated, you are prompted to try another gamer tag.
    Sorry, ^_^
  4. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Can i use this gamertag again?

Hello There,

DixieCrafting When An Xbox Live Member Chooses An Xbox Gamer-Tag, They Have The Full Rights To Keep That Gamer-Tag Even Know If They Have Been Inactive For Years Along With No Gamer-Score & No Gold Membership, If You Close Your Account It
    Will Remove The Gamer-tag & Be Open For Others To Use, If You Would Like To Keep The Gamer-Tag Please Do Not Cancel Your Microsoft Account Or Change The Gamer-Tag, You Would Not Be Happy Knowing That You Have Gave The Ability To Give Someone A
    Gamer-tag That You Once "Owned" Note One thing to remember is that spaces and capitalization don’t make your Gamer-Tag unique. For example, “”, “PR1NCEDARKNESS”, and “” They Are All The Same Gamer-Tags.
  5. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Gamertag

Smwutches Is Correct, The Only Way Your Going To Have Access To A "Gamer Tag" That Has Already Been Taken Is If That The "Gamer Tag" Was Changed By The Owner Of The Current Gamer-tag Or If Xbox Live Forced The Gamer-Tag To Be Changed If It Violated The Code
    Of Conduct In Some Form Or Way, Sorry Mate, You Are Going To Have To Find Another Gamer-Tag Or Be Creative, For Example, "Gengar Man" And So On.
  6. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Gamertag change help

Hello There,

IK IR Y IP T When An Xbox Live Member Chooses An Xbox Gamer-Tag, They Have The Full Rights To Keep That Gamer-Tag Even Know If They Have Been Inactive For Years Along With No Gamer-Score & No Gold Membership, You Will Not Be Able To Request
    For The Gamer-tag To Be Forced Changed. The Owner Of The Gamer-Tag Must Change It Himself Or When a forced gamertag change is imposed due to the Gamer-Tag Violated The Code Of Conduct In Any Sort Of Way, If the gamertag you enter is already taken, you are
    prompted to try another gamertag.
    Note Gamer-Tags are also tied to services like zune or games for windows live. If a gt doesn't exist on xbox, it might be in use on one of those services. If you try sending the Gamer-tag you want a friend
    request and it says it’s not a valid Gamer-tag that just means it isn’t used on xbox live, but it could be used for zune or gfwl.

One thing to remember is that spaces and capitalization don’t make your Gamer-Tag unique. For example, “”, “PR1NCEDARKNESS”, and “” They Are All The Same Gamer-Tags.
Thema:

Xbox gamer tag

1. Xbox gamer tag - Similar Threads - gamer tag

2. My profile, gamer tag and games are suddenly missing from my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My profile, gamer tag and games are suddenly missing from my xbox one: Hi, I signed on to my Xbox one 2 days ago and my profile, gamer tag, and games were all gone. When I tried to recover it, I could only recover my Xbox 360 profile. Has anyone seen this problem...
  3. Made a new email address need linking to old gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Made a new email address need linking to old gamer tag: Hi I deleted a previous email address due to hackers and i made a new one but i need to link my old gamer tag to new email address. I made a new microsoft account but cant transfer older gamer tag...
  4. Trying to Change gamer tag but i live in canada

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to Change gamer tag but i live in canada: I'm trying to change my gamer tag and pay the 9.99 but it wants me to update my address and wont allow me to select canada as my country. 4cbdfa19-833c-489a-816c-0ee85e1fd2c6
  5. Different gamer tags on Xbox live and microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Different gamer tags on Xbox live and microsoft account: Had xbox live for years. Just created a microsoft account using a different email because Microsoft wouldn't recognize the old email I had created the account with. When I did microsoft attached...
  6. gamer tag

in XBoX on Windows
    gamer tag: how long until new gametag appears after I changed it? a2e899ab-3b68-4fa0-bf21-c063a589e594
  7. 3 hamertags op 1 account [Edit - Translation] - 3 gamer tags on 1 account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    3 hamertags op 1 account [Edit - Translation] - 3 gamer tags on 1 account: Heb lang gespeeld solitair collection. Al best ver in . Nu speelde ik onder "51", heb gisteren andere laptop gekocht en daar ook solitaire op gezet, echter dacht bij aanmelden was, helaas, en toen...
  8. Noticing that gamers are starting to use Unicode in their gamer tags making this impossible...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Noticing that gamers are starting to use Unicode in their gamer tags making this impossible...: Are gamers allowed to use unicode in there gamer tag 739710be-5532-4093-b46c-2ee4783711ed
  9. I heard that there was going to be an update where you can change your gamer tag and it...

in XboX Insiders
    I heard that there was going to be an update where you can change your gamer tag and it...: submitted by /u/a_cute_ass_duck [link] [comments]
  10. Move my gamer tag to my son's Microsoft Live account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move my gamer tag to my son's Microsoft Live account?: I initially setup our Xbox and Xbox Live account under my personal Microsoft Live account due to my son's young age, and my wanting to monitor what he was doing online. Well, the time has come for...