Xbox Gamerscore(s) "Next Gen?"

Discus and support Xbox Gamerscore(s) "Next Gen?" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been curious to know if, our Xbox Gamerscore(s) will carry over again on the next generation of Xbox. That being said, I'm very dedicated to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by blast2fire, Sep 12, 2018.

1. blast2fire
    blast2fire Guest

I've been curious to know if, our Xbox Gamerscore(s) will carry over again on the next generation of Xbox. That being said, I'm very dedicated to the Xbox brand as a gamer, and I've really been enjoying the Achievement system that Microsoft has offered on
    Xbox since the 360. However, I'm a huge fan of the whole Gamerscore/Achievement system on Xbox, and I would really hate to see it go come next generation. I have so much fun grinding, trying to unlock that next Achievement to add more numbers to my Gamerscore.

Thank you!

-blast

:)

blast2fire, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Gamer Score Inaccuracies

Doesn't it show up as dashes "-" next to the gamerscore if they've hidden their played games? If it shows up as all 0's but yet they still seem to have a ridiculous number of points, isn't that modding one's gamerscore?

JohnRomerosHead, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Daniel6591
    Daniel6591 Guest
    Gamer Score Inaccuracies

[quote user="JohnRomerosHead"]

Doesn't it show up as dashes "-" next to the gamerscore if they've hidden their played games? If it shows up as all 0's but yet they still seem to have a ridiculous number of points, isn't that modding one's gamerscore?

[/quote]

Good question.

Speaking of gamerscore, why does my gamercard in this forum show that i have 99994 gamerscore when i really have 100039 gamerscore. It shows it correctly at the top of the screen.

Daniel6591, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Xbox Gamerscore(s) "Next Gen?"

I would think so. They would have no reason to reset or replace current Gamerscores. They’ve had them for two consoles now and are a big part of Xbox gaming.

coco meat train, Sep 12, 2018
  5. blast2fire
    blast2fire Guest
    Hey, coco! Thanks for the feedback! I kinda figured that they wouldn't, but, I wanted to share my thoughts on here to see what others had to think about the situation. Anyway, thanks for the input and getting involved with this thread... Cheers! Xbox Gamerscore(s) "Next Gen?" :)

blast2fire, Sep 12, 2018
  6. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    There's no word on a next gen currently but I would think at this point it would carry over since everything is so integrated into the MS account.

bowski477, Sep 12, 2018
  7. Everything on your xbox profile (gamerscore included) is linked to your Microsoft account. So as long as the next console continues the use of Microsoft accounts, you should be able to keep your gamerscore, friends list, etc.

BaconisGood53, Sep 12, 2018
  8. Xbox Gamerscore(s) "Next Gen?"

He same way your account went from X360 to X1 the gamerscore is account related and not attached to a console...hope that helps...

HyperVenom523, Sep 12, 2018
  9. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    This is a feature that xbox service was proud to introduce and has been maintained through years so I don't see why it wouldn't be the same.

M3tal Daz3, Sep 12, 2018
  10. PetryBosch
    PetryBosch Guest
    The gamescore is in my opinion one of the pillars of the xbox ecosystem, i don't believe that they will abandon this feature.

A lot of people have fun with gaining gamescore point to beat their friends and family.

PetryBosch, Sep 12, 2018
  11. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Well, Phil did say their hardware team are working on the next console.

They are supposed to be updating the achievement system according to Mike Ybara, but they haven't announced what that would be yet.

brandiesel1, Sep 13, 2018
  12. I agree with all the others that there really isn't any point of taking it away at this point.

I personally enjoy seeing my achievement score but I know there have been some games in the past that while trying to grind out some of the achievements it started to feel more like a chore then playing games. In those situations it was tough to think "I'll
    never 100% this". A similar way it bothered me was sometimes in demos, you'd get an achievement but you didn't own the game and if you didn't like it again that game would never reach 100%.

Ambassador Kingz, Sep 13, 2018
  13. FAKIR101
    FAKIR101 Guest

I havent heard anything yet but they have carried over in the past , im pretty sure the score is linked to your gamertag so as long as you dont create a new account you should be good to go

FAKIR101, Sep 13, 2018
  14. As others have said, I would think it would as it has during previous console refreshes. I can't see why it wouldn't since it's all cloud based.

ZombieJesterCOE, Sep 13, 2018
  15. It will carry over for sure as it is not related to the plaform itself (PC gaming on live included) but to the account. Maybe it could be renewed or improved as stated sometimes.

I'd like to see new additions to the current gamerscore system, with recognition for reaching specific point thresholds - like the badges we had in the xbox reward - or when completing all achievements
    in a game - again something like getting a gold badge for 100% completion to be shown in a dedicated gallery/dashboard.

MRallamagoosa, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Xbox Gamerscore(s) "Next Gen?" - Similar Threads - Gamerscore Next Gen

2. Gamerscore not updating with achievements

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamerscore not updating with achievements: Hey everyone. I have had this issue for over a week now - I am playing games and unlocking achievements but my gamerscore is not updating. The monthly achievement leaderboard updates just fine,...
  3. Gamerscore not updating (still)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamerscore not updating (still): Been 72 hours since we were told a fix was coming. Any update? I'm not going to go into details again as it got the thread locked last time once people got annoyed. Basically if it's happening...
  4. Gamerscore not going up Take 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamerscore not going up Take 2: I've recently just noticed my gamerscore has stopped going up, achievements are unlocking but they aren't totalling up. I noticed it with joyride turbo and now anthem. Has this happened to anyone...
  5. Gamerscore not going up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamerscore not going up: For 2 weeks now achievments are unlocking but are not added to my gamerscore microsoft are no help it's taking the mick 42040d2e-bdb6-45f1-a9ee-8811aafff835
  6. Gamerscore still not moving after unlocking achievements. What's going on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamerscore still not moving after unlocking achievements. What's going on?: Hello! My Gamerscore is no longer updated or does not increase anymore. The achievements unlocks it on the console normally, but the gamerscore does not increase anymore. This is since the last...
  7. Gamerscore STILL not updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamerscore STILL not updating: How long is this going to take? Been over a week, two weeks for some. Achievements unlocking, overall gamerscore not updating. Please dont give generic answers, please don't give obvious...
  8. Gamerscore not fixed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamerscore not fixed: 10 days now and my gamerscore still won't update. Support don't seem to want to help. It's a joke it's gone on this long, some people have had this problem for over 2 weeks....
  9. Gamerscore isnt working anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamerscore isnt working anymore: Ever since the last Xbox update in November my Gamerscore has been the same at 213,466. I have since gotten several achievements from a few different games but its not adding the Gamerscore from...
  10. gamerscore do not updated properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    gamerscore do not updated properly: Hello, I recently finished a game at 1000G, before that I had a GS score of 139310 after the total is 140325 how to update the cottect total GS? thx 7bf7075e-7881-44d7-ad33-50c00c52f793