Xbox gamertag and inactive account update

Discus and support Xbox gamertag and inactive account update in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; so whats going on with this new update im hearing coming out next month like can someone tell me whats going to happen... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Naturallity, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Naturallity
    Naturallity Guest

so whats going on with this new update im hearing coming out next month like can someone tell me whats going to happen

:)

Naturallity, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Gamertag from inactive account

Once a gamertag is acquired MS will not release the gamertag until that account has been completely inactive with anything to do with MS not just the xbox for 5 years from the last date that it was used. Keep in mind even if it may seem like a gamertag
    is inactive on the xbox console that does not mean that the MS account associated with that gamertag is not being used in something else associated with MS.
    Microsoft have recently updated their terms and it is now 2 years of inactivity and they will shut down the account.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

XBOX Live GamerTag inactive

Adding to this, just because it is inactive on Xbox, does not mean that the Microsoft account is inactive. As long as they keep using the account, then the gamertag will stay attached.

An account has to be inactive for two years now, before the account is closed.
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

5. Njal the Blue Win User

like all the inactive accounts the gamertag on them will be avaible
    As long as they are completely inactive across all Microsoft products and services. If they are in use still on anything else, like outlook, email, office etc then they will stay attached to that account.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

As of 30th of August, if I recall correctly

They are also phasing in a new gamertag system, so you will be able to have whatever you want (as long as it's within the code of conduct)
Thema:

1. Xbox gamertag and inactive account update - Similar Threads - gamertag inactive account

2. Inactive accounts and the new gamertag system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive accounts and the new gamertag system: In 2016 it was announced that Microsoft accounts were subject to deletion after 5 years of inactivity. A year or to ago, I read that the period of inactivity was shortened from 5 to 2 years. If...
  3. Inactive Account has a Gamertag I Want to Use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive Account has a Gamertag I Want to Use: So my name on twitch is and has been for awhile so I tried to make my gamertag but its taken by an inactive account with 0 gamerscore. Not sure if there is anything I could do about it especially...
  4. Gamertag change but on Inactive account

in XboX Insiders
    Gamertag change but on Inactive account: Hi, I’m a gaming YouTubed under the name “Neg” for over a decade now and I’d like to change my gamertag to “Neg” however the gamer tag is held by an account which has been inactive for years. The...
  5. Microsoft account attached to my gamertag was deleted due to inactivity

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account attached to my gamertag was deleted due to inactivity: Hello, as the title says, I've read that a microsoft account is deleted after 2 years of inactivity. My dads email was attached to my account and therefore as I've not played my 360 for a while...
  6. Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon?

in XboX Insiders
    Do Xbox Administrators plan to prune inactive gamertags/accounts anytime soon?: After speaking with a Microsoft virtual agent, they said a username I wanted was claimed by an inactive account. It would make my day if inactive gamer tags would be freed up to people who would...
  7. Gamertag from inactive account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag from inactive account: I'm attempting to get a gamertag from an inactive Xbox account under the name "" i need all the help i can get getting this to someone who can help me go about acquiring this name for my Xbox...
  8. Ability to grab the Gamertag of an old inactive account

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to grab the Gamertag of an old inactive account: There is an old Gamertag that I've kept my eyes on for a bit and I would love to have the name. It's been inactive for years so it's just sitting there collecting dust. It's a name I've been going...
  9. Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to.: I have been looking for a gamer tag to switch to and have come up with a couple cool ones but are sadly taken by inactive accounts which are not in use. I was curious if microsoft could free up...
  10. Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.: Can you pls give me the gamertag " Xuu " because the acc is for a long time inactive. I really want the gamertag and I think a live supporter created the ticket [mod removed] for me....