Xbox gamertag change causing issues with my games being playable

Discus and support Xbox gamertag change causing issues with my games being playable in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So from the searching i have done on the community ive found that people are saying that you will still have access to your games. I am not able to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by XINFEKTDFoxX, Jan 15, 2022.

1. XINFEKTDFoxX
    XINFEKTDFoxX Guest

So from the searching i have done on the community ive found that people are saying that you will still have access to your games. I am not able to play any games i have purchased by card or any game pass games. Im getting a 0x803f9006 error telling me that the person who bought the game needs to sign in with the account that bought or installed it. I thought my games would still be playable, and it shows my account still has Xbox Ultimate. So all the other prior settings and purchases are atill in effect, but my games are unplayable. The trouble shooter is no help. I know my password. My internet connection is stable. Can anybody help me out?!

:)

XINFEKTDFoxX, Jan 15, 2022
  2. NichSorensen Win User

I’m having the same issue? What game are you trying to load?
  3. WailXBL Win User

Xbox one gift card

I would advise against that, as changing your location can cause issues in terms of any games being purchased on your account/xbox wouldnt be playable, and once changed, cannot be changed for 90 days.
  4. Trombone Guy Win User

USB Data Storage

Just to clarify the answers here, DLC and other items are licensed to both the memory device they were first downloaded to and the Gamertag which purchased them. If you move anything to a USB or another Xbox, it'll be playable when your Gamertag is being
    used. When it's on your hard drive, it'll be playable by any Gamertag. Moving it to and from your hard drive shouldn't cause you any problems in that regard. Hope this helps!
  5. Klokkwork Win User

GAMERTAG CHANGE

The Xbox Policy Enforcement Team only issues forced Gamertag changes to Gamertags that violate the ToU and Code of Conduct. When a Forced Gamertag Change is issued, your Gamertag is converted to a randomly generated tag. I'd recommend just gathering up
    the $9.99 and paying for a change, since your Gamertag does not seem to be in violation of the rules, and I do not foresee a Forced Gamertag Change being issued for it.
  6. WPAK Win User

Game not available on my account even when it is.

Hi there,

around that time there was a Xbox Live Service issue, that could be the cause of the error you experienced.

Please try again and let us know if the game is playable again.
Thema:

1. Xbox gamertag change causing issues with my games being playable - Similar Threads - gamertag change causing

2. Can't change Gamertag in Browser

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change Gamertag in Browser: Hello, I signed up for the Game Pass for PC today and got a autogenerated Gamertag at first. When I wanted to change it in the XBox app, I got redirected to a website which is complete empty...
  3. Changing gamertag but cant add address to profile as region cant be changed from United States.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing gamertag but cant add address to profile as region cant be changed from United States.: Hi, I've been trying to change my gamertag, added my payment method but when it comes to adding an address I cant as region is stuck on United States and I'm form the United Kingdom. Is there a...
  4. Changing Gamertag linked email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Gamertag linked email: Hello, I previously set up my son's gamertag for Minecraft (xbox) and linked it to my gmail address. I have since created a gmail account for him as well as a microsoft account using that new...
  5. Xbox Gamertag change didn't work but still charged me.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Gamertag change didn't work but still charged me.: I have been trying to change my Gamertag for three days now to no avail. In total I paid twice and got refunded once (I'm going to apply for a second refund now). I contacted Microsoft through...
  6. Xbox GamerTag - paid for change, but gamertag not updated after a week

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox GamerTag - paid for change, but gamertag not updated after a week: Paid for a gamertag change and money has come out of account, however after a week of waiting gamertag has not updated. xbox and website logged out and in again and rebooted devices but no changes...
  7. With Xbox One Backwards Compatibility, Changing Gamertag can Cause Failure to Logon Xbox Live ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    With Xbox One Backwards Compatibility, Changing Gamertag can Cause Failure to Logon Xbox Live ...: I don't know if the scope of this problem is wider. I did discuss it with support chat and let them know that I found a problem and found a workaround. The problem is that the downloaded Gears of...
  8. Would a gamertag change cause in game problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would a gamertag change cause in game problems?: I changed my gamertag recently, and it was about the time Destiny patched. Since the change and patch I've been unable to join friends games or parties without some sort of disconnect. Either I...
  9. Gamertag was forced to be changed cause it was inappropriate....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag was forced to be changed cause it was inappropriate....: My gamertag was [Mod Removed] and I don't see what's so wrong with it. Had no problems with it for years till today so why is it inappropriate? And why can't you go back to a previous gamertag you...
  10. Gamertag change seems to have caused issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change seems to have caused issues.: I changed my GT via the Xbox One dash yesterday but it still shows my old GT in some places such the friends page. If I look at my profile my new GT is showing. This seems to have created an issue...