XBox Gamertag incorrectly assigned

Discus and support XBox Gamertag incorrectly assigned in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried to change my xbox gamertag online and after hitting 'Check Availability' a change was made immediately without my consent. I didn't agree to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rmlmedia, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:42 PM.

1. rmlmedia
    rmlmedia Guest

I tried to change my xbox gamertag online and after hitting 'Check Availability' a change was made immediately without my consent. I didn't agree to this and did not want to the gametag assigned (especially as it came with some random number after it). When
    I tried to change it one minute later to a gamertag I know is available, I was asked to pay $15 as the free name change had already been used

I contacted support via a callback (which was a very hard option to find) and was told this could not be changed. I've literally just bought my xbox and I'm already very dissatisfied with the level of service! I need my gamertag reset ASAP without charge
    as I never agreed to use the free name change

Is anyone from Microsoft Support actually on here that can help? So far, the 'support' has been non-existent

:)

2. LilTash14 Win User

I agree with the previous comment. Making a new account would be the easiest, and quickest, way to get around this. You will need to use an alternative Microsoft email or create a new one.

Keep in mind what Wadski mentioned about the gamertags having a four digit number associated to them, similar with Discord.
  3. Wadski Win User

Hi

There was a change on Live to allow people to have pseudo duplicate usernames. All usernames now have a #nnnn after them which is primarily hidden. This is very much like Discord.

details here:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/gamertag-update-faq

New Xbox players or those who want to change their gamertag can claim one of their choice, up to 12 characters. If a gamertag is already taken, a suffix with numbers is attached
    to differentiate you from other people with the same gamertag. Suffixes are subtle so that the focus is on the name you chose, but they are always shown.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Since support has already said that it cannot be changed back, which is a shame, you would think they could. Your only other option would be to create another account, but if you decide to change your gamertag, make sure it is one you really want before
    selecting check availability option.

Sorry I can't help any further, but there is nothing else that can be done.
  5. Rouge Baron Win User

NAT-TYPE

Try to assign a static ip to your xbox. That way it won't change.

Like someone else suggested, after assigning a static ip to your xbox, you can put your xbox in the DMZ and not worry about any ports.

As for QoS, unless you have tinkered with it before, better leave it alone. If setup incorrectly, your other computers can become painfully slow.
  6. annix Win User

Minecraft on my PS4- Gamertag changed. How do I change it back?

Do you mean your Minecraft username is displaying incorrectly, or your gamertag shows up incorrectly in all cross platform titles?
Thema:

1. XBox Gamertag incorrectly assigned - Similar Threads - Gamertag incorrectly assigned

2. Gamertag availability?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag availability?: I’ve just (finally) noticed the new gamertag system and decided to take advantage of the free change. I have two accounts and effectively wanted to change the GT on the second to the first and...
  3. Friends Changed My Gamertag To Something Vulgar.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends Changed My Gamertag To Something Vulgar.: Hello, my friends were over at my house and they thought it would be funny to change my gamertag to something vulgar. They changed my gamertag to "[mod removed]". I was wondering if I could get my...
  4. Por que a Microsoft cobra a alteração de gamertag? [Mod Translation - Why does Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Por que a Microsoft cobra a alteração de gamertag? [Mod Translation - Why does Microsoft...: Por que a Microsoft cobra a alteração de gamertag? Estava pensando e parece uma coisa muito simples, diversos outros serviços permitem esse mudança, inclusive a própria Microsoft permite a...
  5. Is the Ultimate next to my gamertag representing the fact that I have Game Pass Ultimate?...

in XboX Insiders
    Is the Ultimate next to my gamertag representing the fact that I have Game Pass Ultimate?...: [IMG] submitted by /u/KashOutMari1 [link] [comments]
  6. INCORRECT GAMERTAG FORCE CHANGE

in XBoX on Consoles
    INCORRECT GAMERTAG FORCE CHANGE: I recently had my ganertag forced changed for from what i can see now reason atall. The gamertag i had used my one time free change for was Ticklemyplums69. This uses no inappropriate words and is...
  7. Incorrect profile and gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Incorrect profile and gamertag: this a frequent problem I have with my xbox account, ive had my account for several years and every time I go to retrieve it on any xbox it gives me an incorrect and empty profile and gamertag...
  8. Signed in but comes up with incorrect Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Signed in but comes up with incorrect Gamertag: Hello, first time posting. I hope I'm posting this in the right board. Anyway, I had some problems with Live and had to follow instructions to remove the account, shut down the console and then...
  9. Email address linked to incorrect gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Email address linked to incorrect gamertag: Hi. Hope someone can help me out. I bought my daughter a 360 for Christmas and created her a new email address in preparation for signing her up to Live etc. I tried doing this yesterday when...
  10. Xbox Gamertag reading incorrect profile save data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Gamertag reading incorrect profile save data: I just recently upgraded from the white Xbox 360 to a 360 slim. I used a USB memory unit to transfer the saved content, and profiles from my old system to the new system. Now I am trying to...