Xbox Games app install location (Insider preview) still not working properly.

Discus and support Xbox Games app install location (Insider preview) still not working properly. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey, all! Just joined the Windows Gaming Insider preview for Windows 11. I was so excited to try the new Game Install path location feature of the Xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Namdnas78, Jan 23, 2022.

1. /u/Namdnas78
    /u/Namdnas78 Guest

Hey, all! Just joined the Windows Gaming Insider preview for Windows 11. I was so excited to try the new Game Install path location feature of the Xbox Games app update. However, it's still a mess. My 2TB D: drive (SN750 SSD) has only a "Games" folder, then all my games from my different programs go in there (Battle.net.... I started panicking.

After some poking around, I seen it has actually RENAMED my Games folder to XboxGames. WTF? I'm so over it...this is why I don't play ANY of my GamePass Ultimate games on PC....it's so annoying (I just buy the ones I want to play on Steam...) and I was hoping they'd get this working a bit better by now - and yes, I know....it's "beta" for that reason. Xbox Games app install location (Insider preview) still not working properly. :)

Anywho, I just changed it back to my C:/ Drive - I'm not going to mess with it any more until I hear that it's working better.

Now, how the hell do I get rid of these two folders? I've already tried going into Safe mode and deleting them but, nope.

*EDIT - After playing around with it a bit more, I was finally able to get it to create a path for D:/Games/XboxGames. However, I still have to deal with the OCD of having those two other Windows folders on my GameDrive. Is there perhaps a way to just "hide" these? Is it still normal to have these with the updated app where we can choose our install path?

submitted by /u/Namdnas78
    [link] [comments]

/u/Namdnas78, Jan 23, 2022
  2. SamQY Win User

Xbox PC app won't detect drive when installing some of the games.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Microsoft is testing a new way to install games that might solve this problem. You need the Xbox Insider Hub app, participate in the Windows Gaming preview, after entering the preview, please reinstall the Xbox app.

Go back to the Xbox Insider Hub app and go to activities, select ''Advanced Installation Features Quest'', follow the steps.

I noticed that this function only works with games that need admin permission and from my own experience, don't try to move games you have already installed to this system. Reinstall them if you like.

I hope it helps!
  3. RedCarGamer Win User

my xbox one fat no more istal osu1

You need to first sign out of the insider preview, for example using the xbox app in windows 10 and then do a factory reset, it will install the last public update. OSU system doesnt work in consoles with preview system.
  4. Irishjob Win User

XB1 X sees external drive but can't play any game installed to it.

Strange issue

It sounds like it's only allowing the drive for media access, rather than games and apps.

Did you try (a) a different usb port (b) a different usb cable (c) formatting the drive whilst connected to the xbox, setting the drive as the default install location and then downloading the smallest game you own and see if that installs to the drive ?

I have 2 external drives, with my WD drive being set as default install location and games always download and install there by default. I'm also using an xbox one x, running on the "delta" insider preview dashboard.
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

No dolby atmos when streaming

Are you in the Xbox Insider Preview program? I know there has been issues for sometime, where atmos won't work properly.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Preview Member Help?

Hey everyone,

The Xbox One Preview app should be located in your 'Ready to install' list in 'My games & apps' if you already enrolled in the Preview Program. You'll find that list when you scroll all the way to the right on the apps section of 'My games & apps'.

Hope that helps!
Thema:

1. Xbox Games app install location (Insider preview) still not working properly. - Similar Threads - Games app install

2. Xbox App Wont Install games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Wont Install games: I have tried everything on here. Windows Updates. Uninstalling gaming services etc. I cannot install games off the app apart from ARK. anyone know a solution that is actually going to work please....
  3. Cannot install any game from the Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install any game from the Xbox App: Dear Support Community, This problem has been going on for over a month since I got my Game Pass, I have contacted multiple (around 5) support agents about this and the problem still persists and...
  4. Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC: Hello, I tried installing a game on my laptop through the xbox app but due to system updates my laptop kept resetting. The game install had just kept pausing and continuing through this until it...
  5. Unable to install any game on the gamepass pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install any game on the gamepass pc app: Every game i try to install shows up with error 0x800700E7 I have tried: -to install games from the windows store -clear cache and temp files -delete localappdata files -restarting the app...
  6. Unable to install game from Xbox app on PC ever since Windows Explorer has derped on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install game from Xbox app on PC ever since Windows Explorer has derped on startup: So, TLDR, When I boot PC up, I have to refresh the Windows Explorer by Ctrl Alt Del, otherwise my desktop won't load properly and I have no taskbar. When I go to install games on the Xbox App,....
  7. Xbox app fails to run or install games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app fails to run or install games: Whenever I try to run any game (apart from Microsoft Solitaire Collection) using the Xbox app on Windows 11, the Microsoft Store app runs and displays the Gaming Services app (I assume it thinks...
  8. Xbox app installing games very slowly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app installing games very slowly: I need a solution for my download speed [img] [img] My usual download speed when im trying to download from steam/other platforms are about 2-5mb/s ca0b0a77-66a2-454b-ae3b-32cef2677bd1
  9. Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices: I can't for the life of me find how to open a support ticket directly with Microsoft - the website just keeps sending me around in circles, so this is my best bet for now I guess :-/ There seems...
  10. My xbox app on pc won't Launch or install any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox app on pc won't Launch or install any games: I have been trying to install a game on the xbox app for pc but whenever I try and install it the install just cancels even though I have enough storage. I also tried opening another game i...