Xbox Games App on PC and Gamepass for PC - Microsoft Windows Games Cannot Find Installed...

Discus and support Xbox Games App on PC and Gamepass for PC - Microsoft Windows Games Cannot Find Installed... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I installed a bunch of games onto a certain harddrive that I use only for games. Upon reinstalling a clean version of Windows for a pc hardware... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mike0193, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Mike0193
    Mike0193 Guest

Xbox Games App on PC and Gamepass for PC - Microsoft Windows Games Cannot Find Installed...

I installed a bunch of games onto a certain harddrive that I use only for games. Upon reinstalling a clean version of Windows for a pc hardware upgrade, now that drive has a bunch of Windows folders ("windowsApps", "WpSystem", and "WUDownloadCache") that are not accessible. Even when I change my download directory back to that harddrive on the Xbox app on pc it still does not find my installed games. Steam, Ubisoft, Epic game store, Blizzard, etc. all let me change the game library directory with ease. They all find all the games installed with ease. They also all don't create a bunch of confusing and locked folders, in fact letting me name the single library folder to whatever I wish.

Why must Windows and their Xbox app make this so confusing and tedious for their games and Gamepass games? The only fixes I've been able to find online is apparently wiping the drive to remove those Windows folders and redownloading these massive games. That's time, save files, and harddrive durability that shouldn't be wasted every time I need or want to reinstall Windows.

Is there a recommended way of Windows finding my games without me needing to delete everything? And is Microsoft working on a efficient modernization upgrade to this system?

:)

Mike0193, Aug 1, 2021
  2. Mike0193 Win User

Xbox Games App on PC and Gamepass for PC - Microsoft Windows Games Cannot Find Installed Games on Install Folder

I see, thank you for answering! Is there a way then to delete those folders and reinstall the games without formatting the drive? Since I have games from other software platforms on there.

Thank you for your time.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox Games App on PC and Gamepass for PC - Microsoft Windows Games Cannot Find Installed Games on Install Folder

if you change the storage location for installed apps under settings it should do it for you, if not then google removal of gamepass folders as it requires changing all the permissins and ownership of windowsapps and programfiles folders on that drive.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

the folder is encrypted to one install of windows, if you reinstall the encryption is broken. other than reinstallling the gamepass games not much else can be done. microsoft does not verify like all the other launchers.

i have heard some people managed to get around it using shell commands but not 100% sure.
  5. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox Game Pass Games Asking To Install On Devices?

Are you using the Xbox (beta) app on PC to install Gamepass games?
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

problème erreur 0x80080206 [Mod Translation-problem error 0x80080206]

Hi Yannis,

In order to install this game or any game from the Microsoft Store App, you will need to ensure your Windows 10 device is on a 1903 OS build or greater (Current 1909). The easiest way to ensure your PC is ready to go for this game and any other game
    that comes to Game Pass for PC is to install the Xbox (Beta) App with the steps posted here. This will force the PC to install
    an OS version that can run all Game Pass for PC games and allow users to easily find them inside the Xbox (Beta) App.

Let us know if you have the most recent OS build for Windows and the Xbox (Beta) App and try installing the game from the app as well.
Thema:

1. Xbox Games App on PC and Gamepass for PC - Microsoft Windows Games Cannot Find Installed... - Similar Threads - Games App Gamepass

2. Gamepass app & Microsoft store. Why cant these games be combined on PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass app & Microsoft store. Why cant these games be combined on PC?: Hi there, I'm just wondering why i cant add the games i bought through the MS store on PC to the xbox app on PC so i can track my achievements and what not. It seems ridiculous that this is not...
  3. Constant error codes while installing a game on the xbox gamepass app for pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Constant error codes while installing a game on the xbox gamepass app for pc: I recently restarted my PC to wipe unnecessary files from my pc as it was low on space and had nothing of value. Now when I go to install a game on the app, I get one of two codes "0x80070005",...
  4. Why cant I install any game on the xbox gamepass app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I install any game on the xbox gamepass app?: This is a complete waste of money. I purchased gamepass just to get the error code "0x80070424" on every attempt to install a game from the xbox app. It also tells me on the game installation...
  5. Cant install games or login on Gamepass Xbox App (windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant install games or login on Gamepass Xbox App (windows 10): Hello. I have downloaded the gamepass-app. The thing is, I cant install or login to it. The same thing happens on either: I press login/install game, a grey box jumps around for a bit then...
  6. Xbox app/Microsoft Store Gamepass problems - can't install games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app/Microsoft Store Gamepass problems - can't install games: For context: I have a Microsoft account with a Gamepass Ultimate subscription; That same account is the one I use on Windows 10, the Microsoft Store and the Xbox app; Starting this week, my...
  7. gaming services error 0x80073d26 0x8007139f xbox app windows 10 gamepass

in XBoX on Windows
    gaming services error 0x80073d26 0x8007139f xbox app windows 10 gamepass: After wasting an entire day searching on this help section, troubleshooting, and almost 2 hours on the phone to India (exactly how I want to spend my only 2 day weekend I've had in over 6 months),...
  8. Hide button in gamepass section on the my games and apps

in XboX Insiders
    Hide button in gamepass section on the my games and apps: Please make a hide button on the gamepass section so we can hide the game we have completed submitted by /u/Jandrews1996 [link] [comments]
  9. Unable to install certain games on PC with gamepass app

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install certain games on PC with gamepass app: Recently I have purchased the X-Box game pass and while I was installing a couple games I noticed that I was unable to install "Yakuza Kiwami 2 for Windows 10" when I checked the error details it...
  10. Gamepass app on iOS doesn’t show game icons at top home page.

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepass app on iOS doesn’t show game icons at top home page.: [IMG] submitted by /u/SillyMikey [link] [comments]