Xbox Games for PC won't start when change their location

Discus and support Xbox Games for PC won't start when change their location in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I have two disks in my system (SSD and HDD). I've installed Xbox for PC (Beta) in SSD, but when I install games in the other disk (HDD), they... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DiegoJMA, Sep 4, 2019.

1. DiegoJMA
    DiegoJMA Guest

Hi.

I have two disks in my system (SSD and HDD). I've installed Xbox for PC (Beta) in SSD, but when I install games in the other disk (HDD), they won't start at all... sometimes they start, but crash in 1-2 seconds.

Same games are working properly when they're installed in SSD disk.

There are other games (Ape Out, Hollow Knight) that are working ok in HDD disk.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Diego

:)

DiegoJMA, Sep 4, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Diego,

Thanks for the update on the issue. Why not try and install all on one or the other drive? The games may be having an issue as they are to launch through the beta app, but its on a different drive, which means start files are there also. Try moving all to
    the SSD or the HHD and see if it works then. As Microsoft has a default folder for the games to be installed also. So it most likely is a conflict.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Exodus Scalpel Win User

It might be that some games don't harmonies with the one type of disk.
  4. DiegoJMA Win User

Mmmm... I don't understand. There are many people installing games in HDD disks with no problems.

It seems like a wrong permission configuration from the app or something like that.

Any idea? Thanks!
  5. Nilesh Kesarwani Win User

Dead Cells is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

Just change the location of your pc that might work.....i had the same problem but i changed its location to USA and it started working.....a
  6. demonslayer8689 Win User

Microsoft rewards keeps telling me to update my location

hi i'm from Australia to with the same problem I notice the app done a update and the issues started after that. saying update location nothing worked except changing my location to usa then it worked only problem is u wore on the usa store points still
    counted towards my goals as I do it on the pc as well and it say's Australia my pc and points carried over so what I do I change my location to usa to do the challenges and then when i'm done change it back to oz hopefully they fix it soon it's annoying swapping
    and changing but it works just be careful when looking at prices of games/movies cause at first I was thinking why is this game so cheap when it's a new game that's when I relized I was looking at usa dollars lol. hope this helped anyone.
Thema:

1. Xbox Games for PC won't start when change their location - Similar Threads - Games won't start

2. Game won't start Breakpoint

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't start Breakpoint: After going through start up the game goes back to the select page 50c783ae-6a8b-49f7-9c6f-a28295526c6f
  3. game won't start

in XBoX on Consoles
    game won't start: so the cord to my external storage would glitch and turn off for a second and annoyed me when I would play siege, so I decided to move it back to my internal now when I try to open the game it...
  4. Meu Xbox one não inicia os jogos[My Xbox one won't start games]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Meu Xbox one não inicia os jogos[My Xbox one won't start games]: Meu Xbox one não inicia alguns jogos e os q estão pegando esta travando toda toda hora, Ja reiniciei ele limpei o cachê e restaurei o dados de fabrica e nada resolver ,sera que alguém pissa me...
  5. State of Decay 2 Juggernaut Edition - won't start and dont see it in my games.

in XBoX on Windows
    State of Decay 2 Juggernaut Edition - won't start and dont see it in my games.: Hi there, State of Decay2 Juggernaut edition is now not showing in my games yet i bought it online thru steam. it does not show in my games on xbox account under "pc" can someone help...
  6. Game won't start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't start.: I reCently bought Kingdoms of Amalur/Reckoning for xbox one. It is a backwards compatible game from the 360. I git ot it at WAL MART. Game will not play. Have tried everything including a factory...
  7. Xbox One S won't start games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S won't start games: Hello All, My xbox suddenly dumped me to the home screen yesterday in the middle of a game. Now it won't get past the splash screen on ANY game and keeps sending me back to the home screen with...
  8. Xbox One games won't start, but Xbox 360 ones will

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One games won't start, but Xbox 360 ones will: Hello, I have a Xbox One S All Digital Edition. I have both retro compatibility games (Xbox 360) and Xbox One games. The Xbox 360 games work just fine, but the Xbox One games don't. Some of them...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 won't start without game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 won't start without game pass: I bought Forza horizon four through third party whilst I had Xbox game pass. Now that I cancelled my subscription for game pass I can no longer access the game despite the fact that I have bought...
  10. I just bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate after playing the base game, but now it won't start

in XBoX on Windows
    I just bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate after playing the base game, but now it won't start: I downloaded the base game through Xbox game pass a few days ago, and I loved it (I want to be clear; when playing the base game it worked PERFECTLY even at max graphics settings on my rig), so I...