Xbox Games Pass for PC doesn't work

Discus and support Xbox Games Pass for PC doesn't work in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I subscribed to Xbox games pass for PC knowing full well that it is still in beta. However it is still a product being charged for. I was able to play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by cjn17, Jun 29, 2020 at 9:02 PM.

1. cjn17
    cjn17 Guest

I subscribed to Xbox games pass for PC knowing full well that it is still in beta. However it is still a product being charged for. I was able to play a game the first day, but for the past half a week I have been struggling to get it working again. I have
    5 games downloaded on my PC. Some of these are first party some are third party. Doesn't matter none of them will open. At best the game will open a window with the games logo. At worst it will flicker like it is opening a screen and then nothing starts up.
    I even checked task manager and it won't acknowledge that anything is open whether there is a screen with a logo or nothing at all. Upon signing up I figured there may be some hiccups, but I never in a million years thought a company like Microsoft would put
    out a paid subscription service that struggled to provide its key service.

I would really like to know if there are any trouble shooting work around out there that I may have missed, because at this time if I can't get at least one game up and running I will have to unsubscribe till something gets figured out. This really makes
    me leery of products from a company I have always at least somewhat trusted to put out a competent product.

I know it isn't a PC issue, because all other software and functions are working as expected. It isn't a lack of power either, because my PC specs outpace all of the games offered base requirements. I just would like some acknowledgement somewhere online
    that there is a fix or that I was indeed sold on a product that is not even ready for beta level distribution.

:)

2. Geth Win User

I can not download the game elder scrolls online

Xbox game pass is for Xbox only.

It doesn't work for pc
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I can understand your frustrations here that it isn't working, but the issue is your end not Microsoft's. Can you please advise us of what your system specs are and what, if any, anti-virus or security software you are running on your PC.

Just to let you know, I'm pretty much a PC only gamer now and I use Game Pass on PC quite a lot.

One of the biggest issues with Game Pass on PC is that it not only requires Windows 10 to be in full working order, it can also have issues with third party security software. This is because the games are installed into a hidden protected folder. Some security
    programs try to read where these games are coming from, fail and crash.

We need a little more info on your system to provide help.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

I just built this PC. It is running with an Ryzen 7 3700x, RTX 2070 Super, a 500gb NVMe M.2 drive, a 2TB HDD, and 32gb of DDR4 RAM.
    That is an odd issue indeed. I built my own PC, an i7 8700, 2TB SSD a 512GB SSD and a 2TB HDD, 16GB DDR4 and an RTX 2080.

Well your specs aren't an issue, that's for sure.

Did you install the latest version of Windows 10, ver 2004 or an earlier version?

Did you install the latest driver from Nvidia?
  5. o OMEGA PRIME o Win User

hi cjn17

hope this help's

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/troubleshoot-games-windows-10
  6. cjn17 Win User

Hey

The xbox services are still recovering however the website provided will help you out when you can get on. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/troubleshoot-games-windows-10
    What is a website recovering from? This just seems like a weird issue to be having almost a year after the beta launched for a service they charge actual money for.
Thema:

1. Xbox Games Pass for PC doesn't work - Similar Threads - Games Pass doesn't

2. 1 game in my xbox game pass doesn't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    1 game in my xbox game pass doesn't open: Hello i need help, i have a hd disc with 320 GB and a ssd with 240 GB and i've installed 2 games with the xbox game pass for pc: Subnautica and Sea of Thieves. My Subnautica works just fine but...
  3. GAME PASS doesn't need to be listed on EVERY GAME now.

in XboX Insiders
    GAME PASS doesn't need to be listed on EVERY GAME now.: Recently an updated added a tacky GAME PASS icon to the corner of all the games that are gamepass, it's good to know what games in your library are gamepass but this is just fugly. We REALLY...
  4. Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore: I switched from a gmail.com account to an outlook.com for my primary address in the Microsoft account and now login to XBOX game pass seems bugged. I can't login in any way, I already tried to...
  5. Game streaming app, doesn't pass on controller input to console

in XboX Insiders
    Game streaming app, doesn't pass on controller input to console: I have an XBOX Bluetooth controller paired to my Android 10 phone. I have current Xbox game streaming app installed. The app recognises the controller and I can connect to my Xbox One SAD on the...
  6. Xbox game pass (beta) - Sunset Overdrive doesn't start

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game pass (beta) - Sunset Overdrive doesn't start: So, I've been searching for a while now about this problem and it seems it's an old problem. When I launch the game, everything looks fine, in the menu i can config the game, but when i press...
  7. Life is strange on game pass doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Life is strange on game pass doesn't work: I got the game pass trail for $1 dollar early December. I downloaded life is strange and got to play a decent amount. I played near the end of episode two, but when I went to play again today it...
  8. Cancelling Xbox One Game Pass (Which Apparently Doesn't Exist)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancelling Xbox One Game Pass (Which Apparently Doesn't Exist): I was wanting to cancel my Ultimate Game Pass as i really have no use for it anymore (I'd rather have the £7.99 one). But when i went onto the subscriptions list in my account, its not listed for...
  9. Game Pass from Gamescom 2019 doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass from Gamescom 2019 doesn't work: So, this year xBox gave free Game Pass coupons and I won one of them. When I tried to redeem my code O eas told I was already redeemed, even though I have not tried it before. After one hour...
  10. Xbox Game Pass Redemption Code doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Redemption Code doesn't work: So, I've got a code for 3 months of game pass for getting Discord Nitro. Was really glad, but there turned out to be a problem, it says "Check the instructions that came with your code. You might...