Xbox Games Pass won't install - Windows Server 2016

Discus and support Xbox Games Pass won't install - Windows Server 2016 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm receiving an error message when attempting to install Xbox games pass on Windows Server 2016. It's "contact your administrator to upgrade Windows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NWZB, Dec 3, 2019.

1. NWZB
    NWZB Guest

I'm receiving an error message when attempting to install Xbox games pass on Windows Server 2016. It's "contact your administrator to upgrade Windows server." How can I bypass this error to install
    Xbox game pass?

:)

NWZB, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Morgster_1 Win User

No clue, sorry, Contact Xbox support for help.
  3. NWZB Win User

No clue, sorry, Contact Xbox support for help.
    I talked to them, but they didn't have a solution. I was thinking I could modify the registry to change the stored Windows OS version, or use a hex editor to modify the installer exe file?
  4. aXs Dalton Win User

Why doesn't Microsoft unlock the Indies games on our consoles?

Hi there!

I can understand your frustration about the future of Xbox 360 and its support. Xbox have come out and said that they will be supporting their console until 2016. After then, they will probably leave servers up but won't release any new games for the console.
    Eventually, they will turn off the console's servers but that won't be at least for another 4 years following 2016. So you are safe to purchase indie games if you'd like but come 2016, expect a drought in them as the console will no longer be supported.
  5. Peter Parslow Win User

XBox can't see PCs

Whilst strictly true, the 360 could stream media from a Windows Home Server, with pictures appearing in the folders that they are in on the server. So the impression given was that the XBox was 'browsing' the server. All done with software 'built in' to
    WHS. Until the upgrade earlier this year: now one needs to install Windows Media Player on the server (other software is available:) ) - and the installer won't run on WHS. See above.
  6. Nomadian92 Win User

Xbox pass for windows/games won't install

Did you find a fix for this?
Thema:

1. Xbox Games Pass won't install - Windows Server 2016 - Similar Threads - Games Pass won't

2. Game Pass 360 Games won't sign in after Gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Pass 360 Games won't sign in after Gamertag change: I changed my GT yesterday through my XBone, no issues. However, when I went to play a game I had previously downloaded via Game Pass, my old GT was the only profile listed and I was unable to sign...
  3. Xbox Game Pass for PC won't install

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC won't install: I recently renewed my Game Pass subscription but the Game Pass for PC won't work for me, it said it wanted an update so I tried updating it and I kept getting an error, so I uninstall it and...
  4. Flight Simulator - Game Pass won't find the game to install

in XBoX on Windows
    Flight Simulator - Game Pass won't find the game to install: Hi, So I have finally managed to download XBox for PC and also signed up to the XBox Game Pass as I want to play Flight Simulator. However, when I search for Flight Simulator and click on the...
  5. Xbox took the fee but won't renew game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox took the fee but won't renew game pass: Xbox wanted to renew my subscription for the game pass ultimate but because my card expired and I got a new one and forgot to change the expiration date I got a text telling me that tje card info...
  6. Game pass on PC won't detect my drive to install games

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass on PC won't detect my drive to install games: See attached screenshot below, Gamepass ultimate on my PC is not detecting my harddrive currently. In the past all I had to do was have the latest windows update and everything seemed to work, but...
  7. Game Pass won't let me continue the downloading

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass won't let me continue the downloading: Yesterday I was downloading Forza Horizon 4 from gamepass, when I had a half of it i turned off my pc with "shut down". Today all progress is gone, it's not even in queue, but the disk space is...
  8. Battletoads (PC Game Pass) won't let me use an Xbox One controller for player 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battletoads (PC Game Pass) won't let me use an Xbox One controller for player 1: When I launch the game I can only control it with keyboard and mouse. When I get to the character select screen if I press start on the controller it adds a player two, but there's no way to use...
  9. My xbox game pass unlimited won't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox game pass unlimited won't work: I've paid for the game pass unlimited and now its not working. My son plays on the xbox and he now cannot join in on games when invited as it says he has to pay for it. I have set up to share my...
  10. PC Xbox game pass - Football Manager 2020 won't run

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Xbox game pass - Football Manager 2020 won't run: FM2020 won't run, every time I try to run the game it closes Xbox Game Pass and the game won't start up. My drivers are up to date, I have tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling the Xbox Game...