Xbox Games Share - Game Pass Ultimate wont work on main Xbox

Discus and support Xbox Games Share - Game Pass Ultimate wont work on main Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Originally my and my daughter both used our own accounts on my Xbox ( will call it A ). She could log in herself without me and use Games downloaded... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TexasWhisper, Sep 10, 2022.

1. TexasWhisper
    TexasWhisper Guest

Originally my and my daughter both used our own accounts on my Xbox ( will call it A ). She could log in herself without me and use Games downloaded from Games Pass. For example Wild Lands.

We bought a second hand Xbox to play upstairs on ( will call it B }, so wether we played Fortnite together or a co op on Wild lands. As examples.

Following YouTube and Microsoft instructions I put my gamer tag on B and set it as home console. And her tag was already on A, as she was logging in there anyway. As there were no games on B I left the home console option off of A.

At first nothing happened other than being told on either console she couldn't play as games needed to be bought. We waited and after a while I could see all the games on B that I had on A ready to install ( in the full library section ) including game pass ones. This seemed all good. We connected together fine for Fortnite.

Presumed this was setup fine, however going back to Console A ( my original one downstairs ) all the games she used to be able to play ( not including Fortnite ) like Wildlands now ask for me to to be signed in, then she could choose her account in game. Also Red Dead 2 is a disc install but for her to now play online I again need to be logged in. If i am not it says that she needs to purchase Gold or Game Pass.

This is fine unless I want to go on console B, as If i log in as either her account or mine it will kick her out of the game.

Is this normal for game share? If she goes into the game pass app on A it says she has to buy it!!

Any suggestions? I am sure if it wasn't setup properly we wouldn't be able to play Fortnite as that doesn't ask her to buy gold or pass to play online!

:)

TexasWhisper, Sep 10, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

You would need to have console A set as your Home console in order for her to continue to access your games/games from Game Pass as well as your Gold (the ability to play online) without you being signed in.

Fortnite is a free-to-play game so it would be free for her to download anyway and does not require a subscription to play online which is why that game still works.
  3. Saturnz0 Win User

Xbox game pass

Hi. I'm getting a new laptop in a few days and it has one month of free Xbox game pass. My brother plays in an Xbox one. Is there any way i can share my Xbox game pass with him?
    hi, NOTwarrior007_

I understand your question.
    To share subscription between PC and console, you need Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

• The Game Pass for console works only on the console.
    • Game Pass for PC works on PC only.
    • Game Pass Ultimate works on both

If you have Ultimate you can share with him
  4. Wishcatcher Win User

XBOX GAME PASS

Hi,

Sharing works only for the Gold subscription and games downloaded but not the Xbox game pass / ultimate pass… Sorry

Regards
  5. Francia J. Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator not working, details below.

On PC, even if Xbox Game Pass Ultimate there is no option to share it yet but if you're pertaining to Xbox console, yes, you can share Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
  6. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Game Pass PC/children xbox accounts

Hello, to share games you must be sharing your xbox console as home console. Everyone logged in on that console will share xbox live and any digital games download and some DLC when applable. Game pass ultimate can be shared also as long as the main account
    owner who purchased it has the console set to XBox home then it can be shared. Play anywhere games are games that can be played on console, pc and phone if avail. Start one place playing and put up where you left off on the available electronics. Only thing
    is PC and console are different when it comes to buying things. Pc game pass is not like XBox Game pass.
Thema:

1. Xbox Games Share - Game Pass Ultimate wont work on main Xbox - Similar Threads - Games Share Game

2. game share

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game share: I have one disk version of a game and I want to know if I can game share this disk version with someone I live with as its the only copy we have? 245ad54e-a1e6-493b-b24e-b88f7046ce40
  3. XBOX Game Pass Ultimate & Family Sharing for Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Game Pass Ultimate & Family Sharing for Cloud Gaming?: Hi all, having searched through the topic of family sharing and game passes, it looks as though the topic has been covered many times. I am, however, struggling to find details on sharing an...
  4. game sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game sharing: Okay so my friend has an active game pass ultimate subscription and I'm game sharing with him. Games he bought works, game pass games work and so do the ea games, but when I try load up any gold...
  5. Game pass sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass sharing: So yesterday I noticed that my friend's game pass on my Xbox stopped showing that I had game pass even were game sharing and I have his home Xbox set to my Xbox so that I could have his games and...
  6. Game Share issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Share issues: For a few years, my friend and I have been doing game share over our Xbox Ones, Included with that was Game Pass and Xbox Live. Recently though Game Pass and Live stopped transferring over, he...
  7. Game sharing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing.: I just got a series x & my wife is playing on our one x. I have my system set as her home console & hers as mine I have access to all of our digital purchases & gamepass but not the Xbox live gold...
  8. Xbox game share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game share: Im currently trying to gameshare with a friend but it will not let me it says “ you’re already switched your home xbox 5 times this year you’ll be able to switch your home xbox again on 9/16/2022”...
  9. How do i share an XBOX game for a Family account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i share an XBOX game for a Family account?: Hi I own an XBOX S Console. I have two accounts on the console (mine and my son's, and the my son is under my "Family" account). Under my account, I have purchased FIFA22 license. How can i...
  10. Share game streaming with another account in my Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Share game streaming with another account in my Xbox?: So I pay for game pass ultimate which gives me game streaming so I don’t have to download games. My wife also plays Xbox but doesn’t have ultimate. I share my game library with her, but is there a...