Xbox Games Suddenly not Working after Resetting Console.

Discus and support Xbox Games Suddenly not Working after Resetting Console. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I've been playing Xbox with my current account since January 2017ish. I've been playing a few games for months/years that I bought digitally... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ThatGuyRoo, Dec 18, 2020.

1. ThatGuyRoo
    ThatGuyRoo Guest

So, I've been playing Xbox with my current account since January 2017ish. I've been playing a few games for months/years that I bought digitally months/years ago. Here recently however, there have been games
    that I try to play, and they tell me I need the disc, even though I've never owned the disc for said games, and I bought them digitally. They're not showing up in my purchase history. I'm not trying to scam Xbox or Microsoft here, but I know I bought them
    and played them before without Game Sharing or having another account that could have bought them.

I don't know what to do. It's Minecraft and GTA 5. I've played them both for years but I suddenly can't play them. This is only happening after I reset my console. But I chose to keep games and apps. Any idea?
    I can swear on my Pap's grave that I've bought them and owned them for years without any problems. There is no way that another account on my Xbox purchased them as the only other account that games were purchased on has been off the console since this
    account was made.

:)

ThatGuyRoo, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Skeeter Quill Win User

Updated console - broke everything

I doubt that it's all your accessories that have suddenly stopped working. Most likely it's an issue with your console.

For the amount of issues you seem to be having, First I'd suggest a complete factory reset of the console. And if your still having issues after that, I'm afraid it'll be off to the service centre with it..
  3. PhilUK28 Win User

Refund please

Alright. It seems to have suddenly started working after 15 console restarts.

I won't be needing that refund. Thanks.
  4. jtylercarp131 Win User

Doesn't let me use Xbox live gold online!******>:/

Took this from another thread. Just tried it and it works after 3 hours of messing around and after being 44th in line on the virtual assistant for 2 hours.

"My brother had this issue and Xbox support told him to do a console reset on his Xbox and that sorted it for him.

Settings -> System -> Console Info - Reset Console -> Reset and Keep my Games and Apps"

Pain in the ass, but it worked.
  5. JCMilanesa Win User

No audio via home theater when 4k is selected - RESOLVED

Via Optic Cable, unfortunately after I posted Audio stopped working except via headphones, so I had to do a console reset.

I was able to hear the startup chime after the reset but no other audio after that, I went into settings changed them around until I was able to get sound and 4k I have no idea what is the issue since using the correct options works at time and then stops
    working and enabling other options and coming back to the original settings then it suddenly works.

I will mark this as resolved for now even though I still think there is a bug somewhere.
  6. RickStaiger Win User

direct tv not working

I was having the same issue with DirecTV it worked and then then after a week suddenly stopped. One of the other posts talked about holding the power button for a reset, and although having to restart it manually the first time - everything is now starting
    up and turning off with the Xbox commands.
Thema:

1. Xbox Games Suddenly not Working after Resetting Console. - Similar Threads - Games Suddenly Working

2. Controller Home button suddenly turned blue mid game and doesn t work anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Home button suddenly turned blue mid game and doesn t work anymore: I bought a Series X last week and played on it with my Elite Series 2 Controller everyday. No problems at all. Yesterday, during a round of Apex Legends, the home button on the controller turned...
  3. Skylanders games all the sudden not working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skylanders games all the sudden not working.: Ok so up until a couple days ago all of our Skylanders games were working. Now none of them are working. Keeps ahowing me an error message when i put in any of them. The games are not scratched or...
  4. Suddenly getting 0x82D40007 on one game, the rest work fine.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suddenly getting 0x82D40007 on one game, the rest work fine.: Suddenly getting 0x82D40007 on which was installed via a disc. Tried all the various ways I could find to fix it, even deleting and recreating my account. The only way I can get it to run (GTA V)...
  5. Xbox Game Bar suddenly not working with PowerPoint

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar suddenly not working with PowerPoint: Why isn't Xbox Game Bar working with PowerPoint when I am presenting. It seems like I am recording on a full screen but when I review the clip, it shows the PowerPoint on one slide and not in full...
  6. Game share suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game share suddenly stopped working: Later today I hopped on the xbox to play some Apex with my friends then I realized that there was no gold. I was gamesharing with my friend and it wasn't working anymore. I tried to make his xbox...
  7. Why are my backward compatibility games all of a sudden not working on my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my backward compatibility games all of a sudden not working on my xbox one?: I cannot get my backward compatibility xbox 360 games to play anymore on my xbox one..They were working about 1-2 months ago, but now they will not read the discs. I reset my xbox.cleared cache,...
  8. Arcade stick suddenly stops working across all games.

in XBoX on Windows
    Arcade stick suddenly stops working across all games.: Despite being listed here : Killer Instinct Fight Stick Support | Games on Windows 10 | Accessories My madcatz fighstick pro (street fighter x tekken version) now doesn't work properly. All...
  9. Bought the game hello neighbor was working fine and all is sudden won’t load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought the game hello neighbor was working fine and all is sudden won’t load: bought Hello Neighbor and was working fine but all of sudden won’t download and goes back to home screen. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. It is still doing the same thing. I then bought a new...
  10. Game DVR suddenly stopped working all together

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR suddenly stopped working all together: My DVR has been working perfectly up until about a week ago. Basically, the first thing I noticed was the fact that my screenshots and recording shortcuts stopped appearing (double tap Xbox...