Xbox games taking to long to start

Discus and support Xbox games taking to long to start in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Everytime I go to open a game it says that the game took to long to open. I have restarted my console and unplugged it many times. I have factory reset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sqwakz, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Sqwakz
    Sqwakz Guest

Everytime I go to open a game it says that the game took to long to open. I have restarted my console and unplugged it many times. I have factory reset it also and nothing has worked. Im not sure what to do now. Could it be the hardrive and if i get an
    external one and put my games on it would that help?

:)

Sqwakz, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Otaku Clout Win User

Taking to long to start

Try hard resetting your Xbox, to do this you will need to press and hold the power button on your Xbox for 10 seconds then let go. After it turns off completely you can turn it back on.
  3. KJCAPTAIN420 Win User

Taking to long to start

Has happened to me a few times. I just shut down my console and then restart it. Usually the game in question starts up normally. If it doesn't then I would consider uninstalling game and reinstalling it.
  4. planetchampion Win User

Taking to long to start

I would unstall the game and try to download it again
  5. EgoisticKingz Win User

taking to long to start

1. hard reset as mentioned above should resolve the issue

2. I would always suggest restarting the console if you do not want to do a hard reset

3. Contact Us via the support page can also provide assistance, an agent can help via chat too, other options are also provided

Hope these options can help you resolve the issue, Good Luck
  6. {Parity} Win User

taking to long to start

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
Thema:

1. Xbox games taking to long to start - Similar Threads - games taking long

2. Games taking too long to start on Delta Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Games taking too long to start on Delta Ring: What kind of sorcery is this, lemme play my gamessss submitted by /u/TheMedic8826 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox one X games and apps always take too long to start and sometimes unresponsive.AS a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one X games and apps always take too long to start and sometimes unresponsive.AS a...: Everything works fine when I am offline but no game or apps load when i am connected to the internet.I have tried clearing saved data, power cycling,a full factory reset but nothing is solving the...
  4. Games and apps taking too long to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games and apps taking too long to start: Hello, for the last couple of days every time i try to switch from one game or app to another I get a message saying that it took too long to start. After that i cannot get any games or apps to...
  5. Digital game takes too long to load error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game takes too long to load error: I've been getting this issue for the past couple games I've bought from the online store. I don't know if it's relevant, but both are 360 games. Oblivion and Fallout: New Vegas. I redownloaded...
  6. Xbox takes too long to start up and freezes games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox takes too long to start up and freezes games: Takes about 15 min to start. Then another 10 or so for the dashboard top finish loading everything. Ive hard booted. Not the problem. Unplugging for 30 sec then starting over. Not the problem....
  7. Xbox error "game taking to long to load" need help fixing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error "game taking to long to load" need help fixing: I woke up yesterday to update my modern warfare for the new update. Everything worked fine until after it updated and i started to play. The game started to freeze alot and soon my xbox started to...
  8. games taking too long to load/freezes/audio skips while playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    games taking too long to load/freezes/audio skips while playing: I recently started having this issue where my games and my apps will get a message saying "your game took too long to load" and when they do load, during gameplay the game will freeze momentarily...
  9. My games are taking to long to load. For the last 2 days, I have to constantly reboot my...

in XboX Insiders
    My games are taking to long to load. For the last 2 days, I have to constantly reboot my...: [IMG] submitted by /u/ralphy2142 [link] [comments]
  10. Help-every game takes “too long to start” and every queued installation cancels itself...

in XboX Insiders
    Help-every game takes “too long to start” and every queued installation cancels itself...: So last night I went on Xbox and everything seemed fine. The hud was fine and I was able to start and join parties. I bought an expansion pack for a game and when the DLC’s were downloading, the...