Xbox Gaming Services

Discus and support Xbox Gaming Services in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I love being able to use the xbox gaming on my PC for starters. I cannot use my PC to do ANYTHING with the gaming services installed. I uninstalled... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by polarbear81, May 12, 2022.

1. polarbear81
    polarbear81 Guest

Xbox Gaming Services

I love being able to use the xbox gaming on my PC for starters. I cannot use my PC to do ANYTHING with the gaming services installed. I uninstalled everything having to do with it and it is still making xvd drives and disconnecting them repeatedly. Every week I uninstall 30 to 60 xvd drives created by gaming services ( i uninstalled all my games trying to troubleshoot this and everything related to xbox) because it is overheating and crashing my BRAND NEW 3000 dollar gaming machine. It is making it impossible to play the game I want to Elden Ring because of the stuttering overheating and freezing up due to this problem I would appreciate a solution as this is a problem known for over a year. Having no information on it is infuriating.

:)

polarbear81, May 12, 2022
  2. MRm455 Win User

XBOX app and gaming services service

Hi L4c3rd4

Thanks for that, not sure why I didn't think of this myself but:

"Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again."

resolved my issue.

Many thanks
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

XBOX app and gaming services service

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey MRm455, how are you today? Hope you're well.

There are a few things we could try:

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command.

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

Then, after you do it, you're going to open the game pass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

First, you will download it > Open the ISO Image tool > Open a file inside it called SETUP.exe > Select upgrade > download from the cloud > Keep games and apps.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox Gaming Services

Hi Polarbear81! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Could you please share specifications on your Pc, if you can do ir trough screenshot will be great

Also if you tried other troubleshooting steps or just uninstalling Xbox games?

Have you tried other platform games?
  5. Yahztee Germany Win User

Xbox gaming services

my apologies i just realized that i didnt even post my problem. the xbot beta app works, but because the gaming services app does not work, i cannot even get it to download then i cannot play any games on the beta app.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox gaming services

Hi,

Please try the following:

Go to Start > Settings. In this window click on the
    Apps button.

From here type in the search box, 'Gaming'. This should show the 'Gaming Services' app, which is around 18MB. Click on this and click
    Advanced Options.

[​IMG]

Firstly try the Repair option. If this still does not fix the issue, click the
    Reset Option.

Please let us know how you get on.
Thema:

Xbox Gaming Services

1. Xbox Gaming Services - Similar Threads - Gaming Services

2. When launching No Man's sky gaming services in MS store comes up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When launching No Man's sky gaming services in MS store comes up: Whenever I try to launch No Man's Sky gaming services comes up in the microsoft store, it is downloaded so no download button. This only happens for that game and no others. I have looked at...
  3. Microsoft Store (Gaming Services) opens when I attempt to start Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store (Gaming Services) opens when I attempt to start Forza Horizon 5: Hello. As mentioned in the title, I experience an issue where I am unable to launch Forza Horizon 5. I play the game using the PC GamePass. There is a link with a video that shows how it looks...
  4. Forza Horizon 5 Opening Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Opening Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store: My Forza Horizon 5 game kept on opening the gaming services app in the Microsoft store. So, I decided to reinstall the gaming services app. Nothing changed. Then I reinstalled Forza Horizon 5. The...
  5. Gaming Services app opens when trying to launch Forza Horizon 5 on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services app opens when trying to launch Forza Horizon 5 on Windows 11: When I try and launch Forza Horizon 5 via the Xbox app on Windows 11, the game won't open; the Gaming Services app on the store opens instead. I've tried resetting and repairing the game, the Xbox...
  6. Forza Horizon 5 and Microsoft Store Gaming Services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 and Microsoft Store Gaming Services: I am in desperate need of some help. For the past three months or so I have been plagued with Forza Horizon 5 gaming services bugs. When I launch Forza Horizon 5, instead of actually launching the...
  7. Microsoft Gaming Services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Gaming Services: Every time I try to launch Forza Horizon 5 from the Xbox App it sends me to the Microsoft store and brings me to Gaming Services. I've watched 2 different videos on trying to fix it but nothing...
  8. microsoft game service error code 0x800073CF9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft game service error code 0x800073CF9: not able to play any of my xbox games on pc the game service wont update keeps saying problem on their end have reinstalled the app twice still not working is anyone else having this problem and...
  9. Disconnected from cloud gaming service

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disconnected from cloud gaming service: When ever I try to play a game through XBOX's cloud gaming service I get the following error code to go with the above message (title of this question): cV: N2fPCbpBXEPMHE/FSdM9HO.24 And then I...
  10. GamePass Launches Microsoft Store (Gaming Services)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GamePass Launches Microsoft Store (Gaming Services): Dear All, I have been a long term GamePass user so I am used to its occasional wobbles. However for the last few weeks I have been unable to use the service at all, as whenever I go to launch a...