xbox gets 72mbs download speeds but wont download games

Discus and support xbox gets 72mbs download speeds but wont download games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; my xbox gets 72mbs download speed for internet but wont download games. But will download apps. I need this fix. Ive tried everything but nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TryhardRomas, Nov 7, 2019 at 12:22 PM.

1. TryhardRomas
    TryhardRomas Guest

my xbox gets 72mbs download speed for internet but wont download games. But will download apps. I need this fix. Ive tried everything but nothing works.

:)

TryhardRomas, Nov 7, 2019 at 12:22 PM
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi TryhardRomas,

I'm sorry to hear that games are not downloading for you. Since you haven't listed what you have tried in detail so that we know what not to suggest, I'm going to recommend some troubleshooting steps you should always try first.

Go ahead and do a
    hard restart and power cycle
    to the console. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and wait 60 seconds before
    turning on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a
    soft factory reset
    1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your network during the
    reset.

Let us know the results!
  3. TryhardRomas Win User

Have already tried that and when i say i have tried everything i litterly mean it
  4. Gomikiddo Win User

Hey TryhardRomas,

I understand your issue. I have not studied all of the possible ways to combat this type of issue,
    but I do know a couple ways that I have personally combated this issue when downloading games. Simply follow the bulleted ideas and hopefully one should do just the trick!

• Firstly, reset your router. Your router MAY have a way to simply reset but if not just simply un-plug it from the wall and then re-plug it back in after around 15 seconds.
    • If you are using Ethernet, unplug it from both ends (after or during router reset) then make sure it is firmly in place on both ends.
    • If you are using wifi make sure you are on the correct bandwidth option that is for your location (if you have a router that offers 2.5 and 5G speeds) 2.5G is perfect for longer range away from the router, and 5G is faster but effective better if in the
      same room as the router.
    • Make sure on your Xbox you don't have any applications open while downloading (no apps or games open) this can definitly change your speed. [Personally
      I have seen speeds as low as 10mbps when a game is open in the background and as soon as I close it, it shoots up to 200mbps)
    • Lastly, pause the installation of the game then re-continue the download. Make sure you do
      NOT cancel the download as that may remove the entire game from your hard-drive (if you're installing an update)
    I hope I was able to fix your issue, if you have any further questions feel free to follow-up and I will respond if possible :)

-G
  5. zeroice007 Win User

Please follow these steps, Im sure one of these will help.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/troubleshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one
  6. Farscape247 Win User

1st 250 Gig Data Limit Reached Notice From ISP

I am on BT here in England and I get 72Mb download and 16Mb upload, I have unlimited data and I downloaded 1.4 TB last month alone. I have a large family though so I have phones, computers, TV's all streaming Netflix and other apps, kids have 2 xbox 360's
    between them and they just keep downloading demo's and then my X1 which has used a good chunk as well. and I have also got another source for internet which is my phone with unlimited data and with the speeds I get on that I could theoretically download just
    under 1TB a month with that.
Thema:

1. xbox gets 72mbs download speeds but wont download games - Similar Threads - gets 72mbs download

2. Can't get game streaming to work at all

in XboX Insiders
    Can't get game streaming to work at all: In the U.K. , service provider is Virgin Media, I'm getting around 100 down, 15 up. I tried streaming in my home on the same network, wired and unwired xbox and I also tried it at my work which...
  3. Getting signed out and disconnected from live when I play different games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting signed out and disconnected from live when I play different games.: I noticed this happened after the release of the new MW. I haven't played the game, but instead when I play red dead 2 or gta 5 I get signed out of my account and disconnected from live. The only...
  4. Get Error everytime I launch Xbox Beta App

in XBoX on Windows
    Get Error everytime I launch Xbox Beta App: [img] Get this error everytime I launch Xbox App Beta. 98937dbe-b22f-4dc2-8647-d18107f46dac
  5. how to fix XAudio2_7.dll? i dont want to get rid of it i need it!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to fix XAudio2_7.dll? i dont want to get rid of it i need it!: i am playing DOA 6. and i get these crashes. claiming fault of XAudio2_7.dll. i saw ways to avoid it. but deleting. but i need audio! :c 8127a57b-05bd-4edc-8a10-64aeb342f147
  6. When connecting a controller to my phone I just get this every time I tap to pair

in XboX Insiders
    When connecting a controller to my phone I just get this every time I tap to pair: [IMG] submitted by /u/sleepyvengeance [link] [comments]
  7. I asked for a refund at the 13 day release mark and now it's day 15. Am I still getting my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I asked for a refund at the 13 day release mark and now it's day 15. Am I still getting my...: I requested a refund on November 4, 2019 for WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition which I preordered. At the time of the request, 13 days had passed since the game's release where as of now, the game still...
  8. Having trouble getting console streaming set up...

in XboX Insiders
    Having trouble getting console streaming set up...: Hi all, having a bit of trouble getting console streaming working. I've: 1) Downloaded the insider hub app on my xbox 2) Downloaded the streaming app on my android phone 3) Logged in to my...
  9. Impossible to get Gold Live Xbox 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Impossible to get Gold Live Xbox 360 games: Hi, I don't konw if I'm the only one who has this problem : I cannot get Gold Live Xbox 360 games since months, the waiting circle just keeps turning and no response like this below : [img] I...
  10. Can I still get the nightfall armor ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still get the nightfall armor ?: I have the Nightfall on Cd and I dont want to buy it again, can I get it trough the Cd ? e5e05f52-0b1c-4130-9fab-766cf5a5e2b3