Xbox Gift Card Deactivation

Discus and support Xbox Gift Card Deactivation in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello, we have a £50 xbox gift card that is saying 'deactivated' when the code is entered and to 'contact retailer'. Tesco are saying the card has been... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by AlfieBuckley, Jan 11, 2021.

1. AlfieBuckley
    AlfieBuckley Guest

Hello, we have a £50 xbox gift card that is saying 'deactivated' when the code is entered and to 'contact retailer'. Tesco are saying the card has been activated and there is an 'activation successful' message on the receipt. They told us to contact Xbox
    We've tried getting through to xbox but can't speak to anyone. The virtual agent is saying it's 'deactivated' and contact the retailer and so it continues .......! Any advice gratefully received :0)

:)

AlfieBuckley, Jan 11, 2021
  2. gds1972 Win User

Gift card woes

Hi

If you have a receipt for the gift card you could try speaking to where you purchased the gift card from to see if they are able to deactivate this card and supply you a replacement.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Deactivated gift card

If you purchased this from a store, you should take it back along with the receipt, as it looks like it wasn't activated. If the card hasn't been activated, support couldn't really help as they have no proof you purchased it.
  4. street2234 Win User

Deactivated gift card

when you buy a gift card from a store you need to be sure that the seller activates the cards if not you will not redeem the card.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Deactivated Xbox gift card

Did you buy an out of region gift card or membership

If so that would be why

They are region locked
  6. dempup Win User

XBox Gift Card deactivated message

Hi There!

Unfortunately we are not able to help you here at the forum. You have to reach out to Xbox support to get this issue handled.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Hope you get it sorted out.
Thema:

1. Xbox Gift Card Deactivation - Similar Threads - Gift Card Deactivation

2. Microsoft Gift Card use

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Gift Card use: Can Microsoft Gift cards be used to purchase a ppv through ESPN app? 98498e1b-92c6-4699-aa96-c7c1374a0215
  3. I have points in Microsoft Rewards almost enough to buy a $1.25 gift card from microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have points in Microsoft Rewards almost enough to buy a $1.25 gift card from microsoft: So I almost have enough points to buy the $1.25 gift card from microsoft rewards my sister wants to use it to buy robux but I dont know how to use it to buy robux. If possible how can I redeem the...
  4. Gift cards for Japan

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift cards for Japan: My brother lives in Japan and I wanted to give him a gift card. Is their a way I can purchase a specific region digital gift card for my brother? 31f0c1dc-ecbb-4968-b55f-805c8d61c8dd
  5. Code Gift Card Redemption

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Code Gift Card Redemption: I did not find the gift card code of Xbox and I d like to know how could I receive a new one? 2fedc1b1-4d89-466e-9128-67e685419985
  6. Deactivated gift card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Deactivated gift card: Hi, I bought 2 cards from Tesco for my 2 daughters. When I tried entering the code on the first it said the card was not active and to contact the merchant. The second card it says the card is...
  7. XBox Gift Card deactivated message

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Gift Card deactivated message: I have purchased a £10 XBox Gift Card from Tesco and have the receipt to say it was activated in the store. When my son tried to redeem it the same day he received a message saying it had been...
  8. Deactivated Xbox gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deactivated Xbox gift card: Why does My xbox says that my xbox gift card has been deactivated? 1772cc18-8e4d-4b84-989f-a715db6690c2
  9. Xbox Gift Card code deactivated before use!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Gift Card code deactivated before use!: Got a XBox gift card few months back as a gift, yesterday I attempted to redeem it online, says code deactivated. How weird, I didn't even use it. What's the solution, how do I get it fixed. There...
  10. Deactivated gift card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deactivated gift card: I purchased a 50 GBP Xbox gift card, when I came to redeem the card I found it to be deactivated, I contacted Microsoft support and they have refused to help me, is this sort of behaviour normal...