Xbox Gift Card-US to the UK, Region Blocked

Discus and support Xbox Gift Card-US to the UK, Region Blocked in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to send a buddy Xbox currency from the US to the UK, But there is a Region Block, so how can I send him a Xbox Gift VIA Xbox? # missing the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JSTGSWHO, Apr 9, 2014.

1. JSTGSWHO
    JSTGSWHO Guest

I'm trying to send a buddy Xbox currency from the US to the UK, But there is a Region Block, so how can I send him a Xbox Gift VIA Xbox? # missing the Microsoft Points.

:)

JSTGSWHO, Apr 9, 2014
  2. Can you send Xbox gift cards to be used in South Africa from UK

is there anyway to send Xbox gift cards from UK to be used in South Africa without it being region blocked.

PBSF IJstoner68, Apr 9, 2014
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    XBOX Live - Changing region

your account region doesn't change with redemption codes

are you buying the right codes?

xbox gift cards are region locked meaning if you buy us gift codes they only work on us accounts

if you have a Germany account region but buying us or uk codes that wont work iut will cause a us or uk billing account

you have to buy currency cards based on your account region and actual region

so if you are buying us currency cards but have Germany billing address you are causing a split billing where the us currency or foreign currency wont work on your local account

ngocphi, Apr 9, 2014
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

you don't

its not a supported service

currency has always been region locked so has ms points

you can only use etailers in the specific region at your OWN risk

ngocphi, Apr 9, 2014
  5. JSTGSWHO Win User

Can I use a Xbox gift card with foreign currency to buy games?

then how can one send a gift from the US to the UK for the Xbox since there is a Region Block?
  6. ngocphi Win User

you don't

its not a supported service

currency has always been region locked so has ms points

you can only use etailers in the specific region at your OWN risk
  7. ngocphi Win User

XBOX Live - Changing region

your account region doesn't change with redemption codes

are you buying the right codes?

xbox gift cards are region locked meaning if you buy us gift codes they only work on us accounts

if you have a Germany account region but buying us or uk codes that wont work iut will cause a us or uk billing account

you have to buy currency cards based on your account region and actual region

so if you are buying us currency cards but have Germany billing address you are causing a split billing where the us currency or foreign currency wont work on your local account
  8. LookedTomato10 Win User

Should Xbox live gold be free.

9. ngocphi Win User

Invoicing and gift cards

yep

This is to make sure you are using the correct gift card

Gift cards are region specific

So if you bought Japanese or Canadian but in the US it won't work

And ironically will cause you more problems

The balance won't show up on your account until you have the proper billing address to the region

Foreign gift cards won't work unless you have the proper regional account

If you use a French card you won't be able to use it on a UK account until you switch to French region with French billing address for example
Thema:

1. Xbox Gift Card-US to the UK, Region Blocked - Similar Threads - Gift Card Region

2. Why is it so [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] difficult to buy gift cards from other regions?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it so [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] difficult to buy gift cards from other regions?: I don't get it. It's like MS doesn't want money anymore. Why can't I use a US paypal/credit card on the microsoft store to buy Xbox gift cards (or games directly) in Yen/NZ$/AU$, etc? Play-asia...
  3. Redeeming Xbox Gift Cards from Different Regions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeeming Xbox Gift Cards from Different Regions: Hi. I live in Australia and I have a friend from the US who wants to send me a $5 USD Gift card. I was wondering if it is still possible to redeem it and if it will be automatically turned into...
  4. I bought a Xbox Gift card before and it worked perfectly, now, it says it’s not from my region

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a Xbox Gift card before and it worked perfectly, now, it says it’s not from my region: What is this yo? (Mod Removed) c67f67c6-aa5b-40e4-a826-ea2f47ab2c64
  5. Bought a gift card in Italy but not accepted in UK (region issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a gift card in Italy but not accepted in UK (region issue): A gift card was bought in Italy on holiday but will not be accepted by our Xbox which is in the UK, the error is a region issue. There must be a work around for this. Any help gratefully...
  6. Wrong region to use my gift card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Wrong region to use my gift card: hello there I’ve recently won a $25 dolled gift card from within an Xbox community I am apart of but unfortunately I’m from the UK and the gift card is in fillers and will not let me use it...
  7. Redeem Region-specific 5$ gift card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Redeem Region-specific 5$ gift card: Hi there, I got a message about a week ago saying: "Enjoy a free 5$ gift card on us to kick off your holiday shopping for that perfect gift.", followed by a Gift card code. When I tried to redeem...
  8. Doubts about the regions of Gift Card EA access

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Doubts about the regions of Gift Card EA access: Hello Good morning I am doubtful about the regions of Gift Cards EA access. I would like to know if there is any region lock or if an American gift card can be used in an account here in Brazil....
  9. Gift cards for all regions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift cards for all regions: Hello, is there any link where I can buy gift cards that are worldwide regions? If there is, please give me a link where I can buy it, and it can be sent by E-mail. And thanks....
  10. Regional gift card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Regional gift card: I recently (April 12th) purchased an Xbox one gift card (¥2000)to purchase fortnite in-game currency, but it seems there is an issue with the region. I live in Japan, but my account is American....