Xbox Gift Card-US to the UK, Region Blocked

Discus and support Xbox Gift Card-US to the UK, Region Blocked in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to send a buddy Xbox currency from the US to the UK, But there is a Region Block, so how can I send him a Xbox Gift VIA Xbox? # missing the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JSTGSWHO, Apr 9, 2014.

1. JSTGSWHO
    JSTGSWHO Guest

I'm trying to send a buddy Xbox currency from the US to the UK, But there is a Region Block, so how can I send him a Xbox Gift VIA Xbox? # missing the Microsoft Points.

:)

JSTGSWHO, Apr 9, 2014
  2. Can you send Xbox gift cards to be used in South Africa from UK

is there anyway to send Xbox gift cards from UK to be used in South Africa without it being region blocked.

PBSF IJstoner68, Apr 9, 2014
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    XBOX Live - Changing region

your account region doesn't change with redemption codes

are you buying the right codes?

xbox gift cards are region locked meaning if you buy us gift codes they only work on us accounts

if you have a Germany account region but buying us or uk codes that wont work iut will cause a us or uk billing account

you have to buy currency cards based on your account region and actual region

so if you are buying us currency cards but have Germany billing address you are causing a split billing where the us currency or foreign currency wont work on your local account

ngocphi, Apr 9, 2014
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

you don't

its not a supported service

currency has always been region locked so has ms points

you can only use etailers in the specific region at your OWN risk

ngocphi, Apr 9, 2014
  5. JSTGSWHO Win User

Can I use a Xbox gift card with foreign currency to buy games?

then how can one send a gift from the US to the UK for the Xbox since there is a Region Block?
  6. ngocphi Win User

you don't

its not a supported service

currency has always been region locked so has ms points

you can only use etailers in the specific region at your OWN risk
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox gift cards

Hi,

Xbox Gift Cards only work for the region they are purchased for. Therefore a UK £5.00 card will not work in the U.S. You would need send them the money via PayPal or a bank transfer and then they can buy a gift card in their own region.
  8. ngocphi Win User

XBOX Live - Changing region

your account region doesn't change with redemption codes

are you buying the right codes?

xbox gift cards are region locked meaning if you buy us gift codes they only work on us accounts

if you have a Germany account region but buying us or uk codes that wont work iut will cause a us or uk billing account

you have to buy currency cards based on your account region and actual region

so if you are buying us currency cards but have Germany billing address you are causing a split billing where the us currency or foreign currency wont work on your local account
  9. BransonLiimo Win User

Incorrectly formatted zip code

[Mod removed- inappropriate] Unfortunate man.

Alright, is it possible to change my Xbox Live Account region to say US, then I buy a US gift card?

In that, a mate of mine is selling gift cards and he doesn't have for UK so I'm worried that if it's possible for I to change my region to US, whether the code would still work.
Thema:

1. Xbox Gift Card-US to the UK, Region Blocked - Similar Threads - Gift Card Region

2. Xbox Gift Cards Region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gift Cards Region: Hi, I have an Xbox account region set as UK and so is for Microsoft account. But recently I shifted physically to other region. Will I be able to use the gift cards of UK if I don't change the...
  3. Gift Cards Of Different Country/Region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift Cards Of Different Country/Region: Hi, I live in Nepal and my friend in UK wants to send me an Xbox gift card. If I change my Microsoft account country/region to UK, will I be able to redeem the gift card?...
  4. Using Xbox Gift Cards In Different Regions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using Xbox Gift Cards In Different Regions: Hi, I bought an Xbox from UK and currently I'm using it in a different country/region. So should I have to get a gift card from UK or should I get one here ? ccbd3fdc-cccf-4fbc-b04c-279422e48362
  5. Gift Card of Different region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift Card of Different region: Yesterday I bought a X box one gift card for $ 100 from AMAZON.com I received the code by I am unable to redeem this due the different region issue. I want to sell this code can someone help me...
  6. Purchased Gift Cards will not Redeem - Regional

in XBoX Accessibility
    Purchased Gift Cards will not Redeem - Regional: I live in Canada and have a Canadian microsoft account that is linked to my xbox. Today I locally purchased 2 Xbox gift cards. When I tried to redeem the code I get an error that states that the...
  7. Redeeming Xbox gift card region error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeeming Xbox gift card region error: My Xbox console, Microsoft account and gift card are all from region: Australia but when i go to redeem the gift card it says It'll be added to *myemailaddress* (united states) and won't work...
  8. Can't redeem Xbox Gift Cards i've purchased due to "region"

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem Xbox Gift Cards i've purchased due to "region": I live and South Africa so obviously I bought gift cards in the currency of ZAR which is South African Rand. When trying to redeem it on my Microsoft account it just kept saying the regions aren't...
  9. Why is it so [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] difficult to buy gift cards from other regions?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it so [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] difficult to buy gift cards from other regions?: I don't get it. It's like MS doesn't want money anymore. Why can't I use a US paypal/credit card on the microsoft store to buy Xbox gift cards (or games directly) in Yen/NZ$/AU$, etc? Play-asia...
  10. Redeeming Xbox Gift Cards from Different Regions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeeming Xbox Gift Cards from Different Regions: Hi. I live in Australia and I have a friend from the US who wants to send me a $5 USD Gift card. I was wondering if it is still possible to redeem it and if it will be automatically turned into...