Xbox gift card WITHOUT a scratch off code

Discus and support Xbox gift card WITHOUT a scratch off code in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Microsoft, I'm asking why You can't help me? I called last night spent 45 minutes with Your support team and You basically said thanks for the money... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by shanesteward, Jan 7, 2019.

1. shanesteward
    shanesteward Guest

Microsoft,

I'm asking why You can't help me? I called last night spent 45 minutes with Your support team and You basically said thanks for the money but We cant help you.

I bought 4 $25 gift cards for my kids for Christmas. They opened their gift and wanted to redeem them. I told them " go ahead you guys know how to type in the code." They said " but Daddy there is no scratch off." I've never heard or seen that before, sure
    enough there wasn't a scratch off at all. On the front of the card on the bottom very small print says code is on receipt from cashier.

Unfortunately I do not have the receipt anymore I never knew I would need it. I went back to Dollar General where I purchased the xbox fifty cards and they aren't able to look ity up in the system because their system doesn't do that.

So I purchased $100 worth of xbox gift cards for my kids for Christmas and their gift is useless. I don't make alot of money and now i have to respend $100 to replace there gift cards.

Thank You so much Microsoft. I will never have anything nice to say about Your Company as a whole after this experience.

:)

shanesteward, Jan 7, 2019
  2. ShaneHepburn Win User

Microsoft,

I'm asking why You can't help me? I called last night spent 45 minutes with Your support team and You basically said thanks for the money but We cant help you.

I bought 4 $25 gift cards for my kids for Christmas. They opened their gift and wanted to redeem them. I told them " go ahead you guys know how to type in the code." They said " but Daddy there is no scratch off." I've never heard or seen that before, sure
    enough there wasn't a scratch off at all. On the front of the card on the bottom very small print says code is on receipt from cashier.

Unfortunately I do not have the receipt anymore I never knew I would need it. I went back to Dollar General where I purchased the xbox fifty cards and they aren't able to look ity up in the system because their system doesn't do that.

So I purchased $100 worth of xbox gift cards for my kids for Christmas and their gift is useless. I don't make alot of money and now i have to respend $100 to replace there gift cards.

Thank You so much Microsoft. I will never have anything nice to say about Your Company as a whole after this experience.
    Hello ShaneSteward,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums am truly sorry you may have to contact

Xbox Support

thanks

Shane
  3. ShaneHepburn Win User

Sorry to hear of your issue, but codes on receipts have been around now for years. It's common practice for companies to do this, as it stops people stealing them from the store, and you know they haven't been used, as you are given it on the receipt.
    I am surprised that the cashier at the store never told you to keep the receipt due to the codes being on there.
    totally agree with you there Stuart
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Sorry to hear of your issue, but codes on receipts have been around now for years. It's common practice for companies to do this, as it stops people stealing them from the store, and you know they haven't been used, as you are given it on the receipt.
    I am surprised that the cashier at the store never told you to keep the receipt due to the codes being on there.
  5. ocelot20 Win User

Game Trade in Question

Do you mean 19 digit code then the scratch off one? As mine has a 19 digit code then next to that is the scratch of thing. Am on the game.co.uk website now I have clicked on the gift card option and it wants a digit code and a pin code. When I click on info
    it says Your 19 digit gift card number and 4 digit pin code on the back of the gift card. Not sure if I have the correct card you see.
  6. Klokkwork Win User

Gift cards

Xbox Gift Cards should have a scratch-away or peel-away line on the back to reveal the 25-character code. (If it's scratch-away, always use caution when scratching off the obscurer, as you don't want to damage the numbers underneath, or there's no real
    way to recover the code)
Thema:

1. Xbox gift card WITHOUT a scratch off code - Similar Threads - gift card WITHOUT

2. Redeeming Vbucks gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeeming Vbucks gift card: Hi There, My son got a vbucks gift card for his birthday. We redeemed it under his account in epic games. It then gave us another code and told us to go to our microsoft account to redeem it. I...
  3. Microsft rewards gift card not in my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsft rewards gift card not in my account: I recently redeemed a gift card for 5 dollars in rewards and it is not in my account! They keep doing this and how can I get my gift card? 1e86270e-a801-4c31-875c-52204d22c0d0
  4. Xbox Gift Card

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Gift Card: What do I do when i get a Xbox Gift Card and it says it been redemmed and activated and it says i have a balance but it wont let me spend when im in a game 3d237a8f-df44-45a2-97f7-1f70c241de32
  5. Microsoft gift cards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft gift cards: I'm having some issues buying Microsoft gift cards. Instead of putting my credit card onto my Xbox, I purchase gift cards so that I don't get carried away. I'm from Argentina and the Argentinian...
  6. Is there any way to get xbox live gold with a $25 gift card, without a credit card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Is there any way to get xbox live gold with a $25 gift card, without a credit card: I want to get xbox live gold, but I only have a gift card for $25 on xbox, I can't find a way to buy xbox live gold with my current balance without using a credit card...
  7. Codice o Gift card sottratto senza il mio consenso[Code or Gift card stolen without my consent]

in XBoX on Windows
    Codice o Gift card sottratto senza il mio consenso[Code or Gift card stolen without my consent]: Salve. Io ho in possesso un account minecraft premium da dove è possibile riscattare un codice o gift card che ti permette di avere minecraft Windows 10. Quel codice è gi stato usato ma non lo...
  8. How can you pay a past due subcription with a gift card without having to put the add...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How can you pay a past due subcription with a gift card without having to put the add...: When ever I add the gift card to my acount I'm able to pay for it. But it wants me to put another way to pay and I dont have the info. b71be376-e5b2-447e-b308-15177f93af10
  9. Microsoft One Gift Card Redeemed Without Using ?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft One Gift Card Redeemed Without Using ?: Hello, Hope I'm in the right place. Bought a Microsoft Gift Card for my son via CDKeys, he said he tried to use it and code was redeemed. I've checked his Store account, nothing showing. Is there...
  10. Does anyone know how to check if your Xbox gift card balance, without adding it to your ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Does anyone know how to check if your Xbox gift card balance, without adding it to your ...: How do you check your Xbox gift card balance, without adding it onto your account? 88399376-9ff0-4332-86e7-19560ed3920d