Xbox gift card WITHOUT a scratch off code

Discus and support Xbox gift card WITHOUT a scratch off code in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Microsoft, I'm asking why You can't help me? I called last night spent 45 minutes with Your support team and You basically said thanks for the money... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by shanesteward, Jan 7, 2019.

1. shanesteward
    shanesteward Guest

Microsoft,

I'm asking why You can't help me? I called last night spent 45 minutes with Your support team and You basically said thanks for the money but We cant help you.

I bought 4 $25 gift cards for my kids for Christmas. They opened their gift and wanted to redeem them. I told them " go ahead you guys know how to type in the code." They said " but Daddy there is no scratch off." I've never heard or seen that before, sure
    enough there wasn't a scratch off at all. On the front of the card on the bottom very small print says code is on receipt from cashier.

Unfortunately I do not have the receipt anymore I never knew I would need it. I went back to Dollar General where I purchased the xbox fifty cards and they aren't able to look ity up in the system because their system doesn't do that.

So I purchased $100 worth of xbox gift cards for my kids for Christmas and their gift is useless. I don't make alot of money and now i have to respend $100 to replace there gift cards.

Thank You so much Microsoft. I will never have anything nice to say about Your Company as a whole after this experience.

:)

shanesteward, Jan 7, 2019
  2. ShaneHepburn Win User

Microsoft,

I'm asking why You can't help me? I called last night spent 45 minutes with Your support team and You basically said thanks for the money but We cant help you.

I bought 4 $25 gift cards for my kids for Christmas. They opened their gift and wanted to redeem them. I told them " go ahead you guys know how to type in the code." They said " but Daddy there is no scratch off." I've never heard or seen that before, sure
    enough there wasn't a scratch off at all. On the front of the card on the bottom very small print says code is on receipt from cashier.

Unfortunately I do not have the receipt anymore I never knew I would need it. I went back to Dollar General where I purchased the xbox fifty cards and they aren't able to look ity up in the system because their system doesn't do that.

So I purchased $100 worth of xbox gift cards for my kids for Christmas and their gift is useless. I don't make alot of money and now i have to respend $100 to replace there gift cards.

Thank You so much Microsoft. I will never have anything nice to say about Your Company as a whole after this experience.
    Hello ShaneSteward,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums am truly sorry you may have to contact

Xbox Support

thanks

Shane
  3. ShaneHepburn Win User

Sorry to hear of your issue, but codes on receipts have been around now for years. It's common practice for companies to do this, as it stops people stealing them from the store, and you know they haven't been used, as you are given it on the receipt.
    I am surprised that the cashier at the store never told you to keep the receipt due to the codes being on there.
    totally agree with you there Stuart
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Sorry to hear of your issue, but codes on receipts have been around now for years. It's common practice for companies to do this, as it stops people stealing them from the store, and you know they haven't been used, as you are given it on the receipt.
    I am surprised that the cashier at the store never told you to keep the receipt due to the codes being on there.
  5. ocelot20 Win User

Game Trade in Question

Do you mean 19 digit code then the scratch off one? As mine has a 19 digit code then next to that is the scratch of thing. Am on the game.co.uk website now I have clicked on the gift card option and it wants a digit code and a pin code. When I click on info
    it says Your 19 digit gift card number and 4 digit pin code on the back of the gift card. Not sure if I have the correct card you see.
  6. Klokkwork Win User

Gift cards

Xbox Gift Cards should have a scratch-away or peel-away line on the back to reveal the 25-character code. (If it's scratch-away, always use caution when scratching off the obscurer, as you don't want to damage the numbers underneath, or there's no real
    way to recover the code)
Thema:

1. Xbox gift card WITHOUT a scratch off code - Similar Threads - gift card WITHOUT

2. Xbox gift card purchased yet not received

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox gift card purchased yet not received: I bought a 10 euro xbox store giftcard on the microsoft store and did not receive the mail with the code neither a confirmation of the purchase. Its been more than 3 hours since that happened and...
  3. Xbox one live gold card gift not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one live gold card gift not working: I speak quebecois but I'd like to get support from United-States because I've bought a xbox live gold card in a EBGames in a mall in Canada, Quebec for one of my friend online so he can play...
  4. Messed up code for gift card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Messed up code for gift card: I acidently removed the code for it but i tried contacting microsft support but i lost the recipt. Is there anything i can do? 52aa66eb-c3da-4e6c-b07d-6842c28adfa5
  5. I having trouble with a xbox gift card with the error "code not found" anyone know what I...

in XboX Insiders
    I having trouble with a xbox gift card with the error "code not found" anyone know what I...: I bought two xbox gift cards one was 15 and the other one is 50 the 15 dollar gift card worked the 50 is the one not working. I made sure to check if all of the code is right and it is and it...
  6. Redeeming Xbox gift card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeeming Xbox gift card: I bought an Xbox Gift Card for $25. Got home and redeemed the card double checked the card number. But then it comes up as if I still don't have Xbox Live. Tried resetting the Xbox we can't work....
  7. 25 character code redemption for gift card problems

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    25 character code redemption for gift card problems: where is the 25 character code to redeem xbox1 gift card located? purchased online with microsoft points, received email confirming purchase but no 25 character redemption code....
  8. Xbox gift card code won't redeem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gift card code won't redeem: So it has been 2 days that i've tryed to redeem a gift card code for xbox (25Euros) but it won't it says to check if it's activated or it has already been used I was at carrefour a walmart she...
  9. Microsoft One Gift Card Redeemed Without Using ?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft One Gift Card Redeemed Without Using ?: Hello, Hope I'm in the right place. Bought a Microsoft Gift Card for my son via CDKeys, he said he tried to use it and code was redeemed. I've checked his Store account, nothing showing. Is there...
  10. Does anyone know how to check if your Xbox gift card balance, without adding it to your ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Does anyone know how to check if your Xbox gift card balance, without adding it to your ...: How do you check your Xbox gift card balance, without adding it onto your account? 88399376-9ff0-4332-86e7-19560ed3920d