Xbox Gold/Gamepass sharing not working

Discus and support Xbox Gold/Gamepass sharing not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've got Gamepass ultimate, and share it with my family no problem. It's always worked, no issues. I've just been helping a friend out, who has bought... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Radionotme, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Radionotme
    Radionotme Guest

I've got Gamepass ultimate, and share it with my family no problem. It's always worked, no issues.

I've just been helping a friend out, who has bought a year's Gamepass ultimate on his own (Home) Xbox, and is trying to let his children access Gold/Gamepass with it, but it's just not working.

I've confirmed that the account emails on the Xbox accounts all match the emails shown in the family settings on the website (and family settings such as screen time are working fine, plus the family settings screen show the correct Xbox 'names' for the
    two Xboxes in the house).

My friend can access Gamepass games, and play online (e.g. Fortnite and Minecraft), but when his child signs in (with him signed out), they get prompted to join gold.

With him signed IN, it seems to work ok, but obviously this isn't how the Home Xbox solution is supposed to work.

I've triple checked that it's set as his Home Xbox, i can't think of any other reason it wouldn't work??

:)

Radionotme, Jan 14, 2020
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

You mentioned that their are two Xboxes in your friends house.

Your friend would only be able to set One of these consoles as his profiles home console and that is the console his son would be able to share his fathers subscriptions and games with.

The second Non home console he would have to have his fathers profile signed in at the same time in order to play it.

No matter what console a profile is signed into that profile will always be able to play his digital games and use any of its subscriptions.

Each profile can set one console at a time as their home console and any other profile on that console can then play its digital games and use any of its subscriptions without the main profile being signed in at the same time.

Each profile can switch which console it has set as its home console only five times a year.

The family settings have nothing to do with the home xbox it does not matter if someone is in your family or not as long as you have a console set as your profiles home console any other profile on that console would then be able to play your digital games
    and use your subscriptions.
  3. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset by pressing the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts off completely. Then unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
  4. depressed brute Win User

5. yobrizo Win User

Linked Accounts Trying To Share Game Pass Games

Hello. you can share gamepass and gold, even if it's ultimate subscription, but unfortunately, gold games, gamepass tasks only have access to the main account and not the secondary
  6. SilentParasite Win User

Game pass shareable or nah brah?

I have Game Sharing with Xbox live gold, I share with my son in the next room, so he gets to play the games I own also, but he also able to download and play the games from Gamepass, but gamepass is not sharable like Gold is, I think ( as I am not 100%
    sure ) that is shares with the system set to the Home Console. So in my experience yes you can download and play the Gamepass games as my Son does it with me.
Thema:

1. Xbox Gold/Gamepass sharing not working - Similar Threads - Gold Gamepass sharing

2. Live Gold Voucher to Gamepass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live Gold Voucher to Gamepass: My parents purchased a 12 month Xbox Live Gold voucher as a gift. I also recently subscribed to gamepass. I would ideally like to have the 12 months of gold and then pay for the gamepass myself,...
  3. Question on Xbox gamepass / gold / gamepass ult / pc gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question on Xbox gamepass / gold / gamepass ult / pc gamepass: Hi there, several questions: 1. I currently have xbox gamepass and gold on separate subscriptions. If I subscribe for gp ultimate, what will happen to the existing subscription? 2. I bought a...
  4. Cancelling GamePass resulted in a closed xbox live gold account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancelling GamePass resulted in a closed xbox live gold account: I paid for a year of xbox live gold in September. I added GamePass to my account and tried it for several days. I canceled GamePass. This also canceled my Xbox Live Gold subscription of which I...
  5. I accidentally canceled my XBOX Gold when I canceled Ultimate gamepass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I accidentally canceled my XBOX Gold when I canceled Ultimate gamepass: I prepaid for Gold for a year and upgraded to Ultimate. On the same day, I canceled Ultimate and got a $2.00 refund. This also canceled my remaining Gold. If I resubscribe to Ultimate, will I get...
  6. Offline gaming using games with gold or gamepass no longer working how it did

in XboX Insiders
    Offline gaming using games with gold or gamepass no longer working how it did: So I usually have no internet as if I'm not working I could easily be online all night but with kids and everything else, my SO takes the power cable for the router but I can usually play GWG and...
  7. I have Xbox ultimate but woke to these alerts about gold and gamepass expiring in 11 days...

in XboX Insiders
    I have Xbox ultimate but woke to these alerts about gold and gamepass expiring in 11 days...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MDKCODE187 [link] [comments]
  8. Gold subscription+Gamepass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gold subscription+Gamepass: I recently bought gold live for 12months and i didnt notice that renewal is is on so if iturned it off my subscription will be canceled? Gamepas: If i bought gamepass for only 1 month will i...
  9. Will Cancelling GamePass Impact my Live Gold Content?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Cancelling GamePass Impact my Live Gold Content?: I have had Live Gold for years and intend to keep it as my kids play online and we have many saved free games. I want to try GamePass while still keeping Live Gold. I heard that if I do that, then...
  10. What Happens when we add more Subscription time (gold,gamepass) when we have xbox gamepass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What Happens when we add more Subscription time (gold,gamepass) when we have xbox gamepass...: what happens? does it add/extend when the ultimate pass expires? has anyone tried it? 6656d970-01b5-4cfd-ba25-bc04f921fbcc