Xbox Gold/Gamepass sharing not working

Discus and support Xbox Gold/Gamepass sharing not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've got Gamepass ultimate, and share it with my family no problem. It's always worked, no issues. I've just been helping a friend out, who has bought... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Radionotme, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Radionotme
    Radionotme Guest

I've got Gamepass ultimate, and share it with my family no problem. It's always worked, no issues.

I've just been helping a friend out, who has bought a year's Gamepass ultimate on his own (Home) Xbox, and is trying to let his children access Gold/Gamepass with it, but it's just not working.

I've confirmed that the account emails on the Xbox accounts all match the emails shown in the family settings on the website (and family settings such as screen time are working fine, plus the family settings screen show the correct Xbox 'names' for the
    two Xboxes in the house).

My friend can access Gamepass games, and play online (e.g. Fortnite and Minecraft), but when his child signs in (with him signed out), they get prompted to join gold.

With him signed IN, it seems to work ok, but obviously this isn't how the Home Xbox solution is supposed to work.

I've triple checked that it's set as his Home Xbox, i can't think of any other reason it wouldn't work??

:)

Radionotme, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Zenosos Win User

Game Pass PC share with family members

Gamepass Share only works on Xbox, there is no way to share PC game pass
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

You mentioned that their are two Xboxes in your friends house.

Your friend would only be able to set One of these consoles as his profiles home console and that is the console his son would be able to share his fathers subscriptions and games with.

The second Non home console he would have to have his fathers profile signed in at the same time in order to play it.

No matter what console a profile is signed into that profile will always be able to play his digital games and use any of its subscriptions.

Each profile can set one console at a time as their home console and any other profile on that console can then play its digital games and use any of its subscriptions without the main profile being signed in at the same time.

Each profile can switch which console it has set as its home console only five times a year.

The family settings have nothing to do with the home xbox it does not matter if someone is in your family or not as long as you have a console set as your profiles home console any other profile on that console would then be able to play your digital games
    and use your subscriptions.
  4. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset by pressing the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts off completely. Then unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
  5. depressed brute Win User

6. yobrizo Win User

Linked Accounts Trying To Share Game Pass Games

Hello. you can share gamepass and gold, even if it's ultimate subscription, but unfortunately, gold games, gamepass tasks only have access to the main account and not the secondary
Thema:

1. Xbox Gold/Gamepass sharing not working - Similar Threads - Gold Gamepass sharing

2. Compartir gold, gamepass....[Translation-Share gold, gamepass.... ]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Compartir gold, gamepass....[Translation-Share gold, gamepass.... ]: Saludos, a ver si me podeis ayudar. Tenia dos consolas la One y la One X, una se la he dado a un colega y queriamos vincularlas para compartir juegos y demas... Viendo los tutoriales es bastante...
  3. Gold, to Gamepass, back to gold, no refund?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gold, to Gamepass, back to gold, no refund?: I subbed to annual Gold may 20. I subbed to Gamepass right away after. Then I cancelled gamepass and it expired. Now I have to pay another $70 for another annual gold? Where is my original $70?...
  4. Will my xbox live gold disappear when I start a 14 day free trial for the xbox gamepass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Will my xbox live gold disappear when I start a 14 day free trial for the xbox gamepass: I want to know if my gold will be cancelled when I cancel my 14 day free trial for the xbox gamepass c9f783c0-77d6-4f1a-aa41-6d58694580b6
  5. Xbox gold conversion to gamepass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox gold conversion to gamepass: My question i regarding the conversion proccess of Xbox Live gold to Game pass ultimate. 3 days ago I wanted to take advantage of the 1$ deal for 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate. When I bought the...
  6. Gamepass Ultimate and Gold Conversion

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gamepass Ultimate and Gold Conversion: So, I was going to add 12 months of xbox live gold onto my account because my gamepass ultimate subscription was about to run out and I just wanted to go back to the standard gold subscription. I...
  7. XBox Ultimate GamePass Billing versus Prepaid Gold Membership

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    XBox Ultimate GamePass Billing versus Prepaid Gold Membership: I wanted to try the $1/month offer for Ultimate Gamepass but, as a prepaid Xbox Gold subscriber, I had some questions about how the billing works and I wasn't seeing transparency. Q: If I were...
  8. If I redeem a Live Gold code to my existing Gamepass Ultimate would It extend my gamepass...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    If I redeem a Live Gold code to my existing Gamepass Ultimate would It extend my gamepass...: I have 2 months of Ultimate. If I buy one month Live Gold, will it add to the Ultimate and make it 3 months? If that's the case would my Ultimate expand to 3 months after redeeming Live Gold?...
  9. Gamepass Ultimate, already have Gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepass Ultimate, already have Gold: Hi, i renewed my sub for xbox live gold a month or 2 ago but recently i have been given a 3mnth gamepass ultimate code, if i redeem the code & cancel gamepass after the 3mnths will my already...
  10. conversione xbox live gold in gamepass ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    conversione xbox live gold in gamepass ultimate: ciao a tutti ho un problema, ho comprato 2 anni di xbox live gold fino al 2022; dopodichè ho provato a fare l'upgrade al gamepass ultimate e mi esce scritto che sto tentando di effettuare il...