Xbox Gold Tenure Question - Will I lose my level?

Discus and support Xbox Gold Tenure Question - Will I lose my level? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, I used to play Xbox for many years and I remember being a decent level tenure. I haven’t renewed Xbox Gold for around 2 years because I haven’t... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/messcs, May 20, 2020 at 1:13 AM.

1. /u/messcs
    /u/messcs Guest

Hi, I used to play Xbox for many years and I remember being a decent level tenure. I haven’t renewed Xbox Gold for around 2 years because I haven’t played, will I lose my old tenure level if I renew Xbox Gold? Thanks.

submitted by /u/messcs
    [link] [comments]

2. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Can anybody check when my tenure changes?

Howdy Chase,

If you wouldn't mind checking out this
    Tenure sticky
    , that should answer your tenure questions.

Here is a little snippet of how tenure is calculated..

***Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox LIVE Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox LIVE Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time has
    finished.

For your first year of Xbox LIVE Gold you will see a '0' and increase to '1' year of tenure when that year is up! For example, if you've had Xbox LIVE Gold for 3 years and 6 months, you'll see a tenure of '3' next to your Gamertag.

If you have any more questions, please let us know!
  3. Wally35-FA48DD60-50E Win User

xbox live family account

My husband and I combined our gold account profiles with the thrird gold profile that was on our xbox. We made the third one the primary account. Now that the family plan is discontinued, will we lose our tenure on the main two accounts once it expires?
    Is there any way to keep our tenure once it expires..maybe by contacting support..could they fix it? I'd hate to lose my tenure after all these years, it's important!!
  4. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Another tenure issue thread

Hi there Link!

I would suggest running through our
    Tenure sticky
    , and make sure you have attempted all the troubleshooting steps.

Also for some clarity, here is a quick definition of tenure:

***Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox LIVE Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox LIVE Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time
    has finished.

For your first year of Xbox LIVE Gold you will see a '0' and increase to '1' year of tenure when that year is up! For example, if you've had Xbox LIVE Gold for 3 years and 6 months, you'll see a tenure of '3' next to your Gamertag.

Hope that helps, and if you have any more questions, let us know!
  5. MisterFizzle Win User

Tenure decreased to 5 years my membership is up today and still nothing

Hi CReaToR,

As is mentioned in that sticky there

Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox LIVE Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox LIVE Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time
    has finished.

Only the paid Gold membership time builds toward your tenure, trial subscriptions and free subscription time does not add on to your tenure count.
  6. Miss Kleo Win User

Tenure Problem

Hey Preloadd! I can confirm that the '1' you're seeing is correct. Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox LIVE Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox LIVE Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your
    tenure increase only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time has finished. Once you hit 2 full years of Xbox LIVE Gold you'll be back up to that '2'! :)
Thema:

1. Xbox Gold Tenure Question - Will I lose my level? - Similar Threads - Gold Tenure Question

2. Xbox Live Gold Tenure

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Gold Tenure: Hello, i'm Andrew. My question is, if I was to cancel my xbox live gold membership, would my tenure restart? I know that it will, but if I later renew it, will it go back to what it was before I...
  3. Xbox Live Gold Tenure

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Gold Tenure: Can anyone help with all of my 6 years of Xbox Live Gold Tenure going away? My Xbox Live Gold Membership ran out about 2-3 weeks ago but I immediately used a gold trial. When I entered my new 12...
  4. Gold Tenure Changing on Its Own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gold Tenure Changing on Its Own: When I log into my Xbox 360, my tenure is stated correctly at nine years. (Created this account in October '08 and was at silver for approximately a month, cumulatively) However, it's a...
  5. Lost my Xbox Live Gold tenure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost my Xbox Live Gold tenure: My account lapsed for about a week, when I renewed my xbox live gold I lost my tenure of around 15 years. I contacted support and they said it would not come back. Can anyone shed some light on...
  6. Xbox Live Golde Tenure Updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Golde Tenure Updating: Been off Gold for many months and just renewed after about 10 years. How long does it take my tenure to update to how much time I have had Gold for? I could not find any solid answers....
  7. No tenure when renewed gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    No tenure when renewed gold: I didn't have gold for roughly 9 months. I renewed gold 10 days ago. My tenure still hasn't shown back up. Does that usually take a while for tenure to appear on my profile again?...
  8. Tenure gone after renewing gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tenure gone after renewing gold: Title says it all, I renewed my gold membership when my gold lapsed and my tenure disappeared from Xbox One but remains untouched and synced properly on 360. If someone could please help assist me...
  9. Gold Tenure Not Updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gold Tenure Not Updating: I've had gold since July 2011 but my tenure is only showing 3 years. I did change my membership from 1 month to 12 month on March 9th, 2013 if that changed my tenure, but it shouldn't have....
  10. Xbox live gold tenure not showing correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold tenure not showing correctly: Recently my Xbox live ran out so I renewed it and for some reason it's taken 3 years of the little circle under my Gamertag when people click on my profile. I'm not sure as to why this has...