xbox hacking risks

Discus and support xbox hacking risks in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I'm a relatively new xbox one owner. I subscribed to live gold hoping to enjoy the 'free' monthly (360) games with friends so I wouldn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Charlesabcdefg, Aug 15, 2019.

1. xbox hacking risks

Hi everyone. I'm a relatively new xbox one owner. I subscribed to live gold hoping to enjoy the 'free' monthly (360) games with friends so I wouldn't need to worry about a game pass. Unfortunately, it's not happening. From the beginning, I've been unable
    to download even one 'free' (360) game due to the strange requirement for a payment method. I've read a lot about xbox accounts being hacked, and because of that, I don't want to enter my card info. I understand I can remove it later, but I don't want to risk
    it. MasterCard/Visa gift cards aren't allowed, as you probably already know. Prepaid cards charge a monthly fee to spend your own money, and some of them want your social security number to activate. Even when trying to set Paypal as my payment method, I was
    surprised to see that Microsoft wants my personal Paypal login information rather than directing me back to Paypal's website to log in there, like other merchants do. So how do you all do this? Have you experienced problems? Is there another option I'm missing?
    I do see an option to redeem codes for games, which would allow me to download without entering payment information, and I asked Microsoft about that, but they wouldn't give me even one code to download even one 'free' game. Suggestions? I appreciate your
    help!

:)

Charlesabcdefg, Aug 15, 2019
  2. AngelObullets Win User

xbox hacking risks

Hi there Charlesabcdefg

If you are concerned and don't want to enter card or paypal ect you can always try using gift cards instead from retaillers for xbox balance gold and even gamespass .
  3. Smwutches Win User

xbox hacking risks

Unfortunately the only other option would be to use a 360 console which is what I do. The One/website have never been updated to see your Microsoft account balance as a valid payment option for backwards compatible content which would normally be the alternative
    to credit cards or Paypal.
  4. Charlesabcdefg Win User

xbox hacking risks

Thanks for all the replies from everyone! Now my MasterCard gift card works! Strange that the same gift card wasn't accepted before with a random address (which I used since it's not 'my' card) but it does work now with my actual address. Good news for
    anyone else who doesn't want to risk bank card or paypal info. Stranger still that official Microsoft and xbox support reps I spoke to already couldn't figure this out, and both told me my gift card wouldn't work or I had to do something else. I'll come here
    first next time. You guys and girls are awesome!
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

xbox hacking risks

From my own experience, I linked my credit card and never had problems, regarding the strange games asking you for the card, does this occur when you go downloading? If the problem is linking a credit card has no problems, the biggest problem is
    that you give your account password to someone else.
    In order to "purchase" free Xbox 360 content on Xbox One, the user must have an attached payment method on their console. This requirement is waived when the user is claiming the content on an actual Xbox 360. It's the same as claiming a free Xbox 360 Games
    With Gold title via the website store, actually.
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

xbox hacking risks

I have my Microsoft account completely locked down, both with a strong password and with multi-factor authorization. Actual "hacks" of Microsoft accounts are pretty rare, if they occur at all. More commonly, users were phished out of their e-mail addresses
    and passwords with promises of a free something-or-other, or they willingly gave their account details to someone else to get access to a game without paying for it.

So, if you're a common-sense computer user who knows when things are too good to be true and who knows not to share such personal information, I would rest assured that your account details are very safe.
Thema:

xbox hacking risks

1. xbox hacking risks - Similar Threads - hacking risks

2. XBox gamerTag Hacked

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox gamerTag Hacked: Hi, I'm playing with XBox 360 and I created first a microsoft account, but not a gamer tag. I've seen on the gamertag linked to my microsoft account a game history done by spmeone else than me,...
  3. Hacked account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hacked account: Hi my xbox and account has been dodgy for a long time within everything i do, gaming, apps, browsing internet and even spotify was showing me music that doesnt seem right. But today i played darts...
  4. Did some 1 hack Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did some 1 hack Microsoft: Y cant i add my account im not trying to go back to ps4 in get hack b0a38e21-3c08-4ab6-be53-92bb91d72aa4
  5. Free nickname change after hacking your account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Free nickname change after hacking your account: Hey microsoft Recently I had such a situation that I had hacking into the account and the burglar changed the player's tag and now you are asked if I could get another free change of the player's...
  6. Account hacked and email changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and email changed: In 2014 I stopped playing xbox 360 and switched to pc gaming, I havent logged in to the account in years and recently my girlfriend got and xbox one, I went to log into my account and the prompt...
  7. Is this a scam or have I been hacked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is this a scam or have I been hacked: Received this email stating that I made a purchase that I did not. The email contains an attachment but I did not open it. From: [Mod removed- Personal information] Thank you for your...
  8. My friends account hacked

in XBoX on Consoles
    My friends account hacked: Very reccently my friends account has been hacked all of his games removed and subscriptions cancelled is there a way for him to get the games back? a5fc749c-9322-48d9-b8a1-c1ae17846c5a
  9. My account was hack or scammed I don’t know what happened

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account was hack or scammed I don’t know what happened: My account has been hack and all my emails and numbers and password was changed and i played fortnite on that acc it has all my skins and i really need that back can yall plz help me...
  10. hacked account

in XBoX on Consoles
    hacked account: i recently my mums microsoft account got hacked while i was away. over £80 was fraudulently spent, on gift codes, and other stuff for xbox. they changed the password etc, but i got it back, im now...