Xbox hard drive

Discus and support Xbox hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so I have an xbox one s hard drive that I pulled from an old xbox. With that being said how can I get it to read on a new xbox one s as an external?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by richardmcdonald2, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Xbox hard drive

Ok so I have an xbox one s hard drive that I pulled from an old xbox. With that being said how can I get it to read on a new xbox one s as an external? I want to use it as external memory but my xbox wont even register that it is there. I bought a case
    that meets up to its specifications and everything just doesnt seem to pick it up at all

:)

richardmcdonald2, Oct 26, 2019
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hard Drive Not Recognised

Hi, the problem is that you configured the hard drives as xbox USB storage devices, this will have removed information the console needs to distinguish an xbox hard drive from a USB hard drive. In essence this now means you can't use the hard drives as
    xbox hard drives again.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again error

Hi there,

From where did you buy your hard drive from? How much was it? Is it an official Xbox hard drive? If you bought a cheaper hard drive from a private seller on Amazon or an auction site, it is highly likely that your hard drive is not an official Xbox hard
    drive. Original Xbox games will not load on un-official hard drives.
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

XBOX 360 E CONSOLE WON'T DETECT NEW DRIVE

Hi, an Xbox internal hardrive has to have a specific boot sector for the Xbox to see it ( that boot sector would contain all the information the Xbox needs to enable it to be used as an internal Xbox hard drive such as drive size, whether it's an official
    hard drive etc ) an external hard drive is another matter totally, external drives work differently but some games do require you to have an internal hard drive but that's a whole other subject.

Where we're getting out wires crossed is that in order to have an internal hard drive other than an official hard drive to work you'd have to somehow modify the boot sector of the unofficial hard drive to something the Xbox can see ( for example the Xbox
    sees the hard drive and gets the info that it's a hard drive suitable for use as an internal Xbox hard drive yadda yadda )

With that said, if you just put any old regular hard drive into the internal hard drive bay on your Xbox it's just not going to work at all.
  5. Smwutches Win User

XBox 360 game required hard drive issue

Some games do require an Xbox hard drive due to the system files on the drives. External hard drives will not work. They require an official MS Xbox 360 hard drive.
  6. jedi master1974 Win User

hard drive problems

hello

just formatted my hard drive and its still saying unformatted i think my hard drive is broken and needs replacing

if i buy a new hard drive or Xbox do i need a data transfer cable to transfer from hard drive to hard drive?

but at the moment there is nothing on my Xbox hard drive to transfer
Thema:

Xbox hard drive

1. Xbox hard drive - Similar Threads - hard drive

2. xbox seagate external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox seagate external hard drive: so I have been lagging for the past two week then today I hard drive has stopped working no light but when you feel it it is feeling like it is on i have tried everything even used another cable...
  3. Xbox one external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one external hard drive: Hey so I got this 1 TB hard drive that is like WD elements I think and I have had it for two years so it might just be dead but it is still recognized on my computer. I searched it up and got the...
  4. External Hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive: What is the best type of external hard drive to use with the xbox one. I purchased a seagate, but after a couple of days it will not work and it does not show on the xbox. I have tried everything...
  5. Sudden Hard Drive Freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden Hard Drive Freeze: Hello, I have a relatively new Xbox One X. I'd been playing Dead or Alive 5 Last Round for more than an hour, and suddenly during a cut scene the screen went dark and the console started making...
  6. My hard drive may be messed up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My hard drive may be messed up.: For 9 months, all 4 of my games on my Xbox One S, have been freezing during gameplay, had audio cut out entirely then freeze the entire xbox, experienced the frame rate drop significantly, and...
  7. Possible bad sectors on my hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Possible bad sectors on my hard drive?: For the past 5 months all of my xbox games are freezing during gameplay and have infinite loading screens, in 2 of my games (Apex Legends and Fortnite) the frame rate drops, then all audio cuts...
  8. Possible hard drive failure?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Possible hard drive failure?: For the past 5 months all of my xbox games are freezing during gameplay and have infinite loading screens, in 2 of my games (Apex Legends and Fortnite) the frame rate drops, then all audio cuts...
  9. Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?: I've just turned on the console and it's not reading the external hard drive straight away, it takes maybe 2/3 minutes to see it and once it's seen it I can't start any of the games on it. Now...
  10. WD ULTRA 3TB hard drive suddenly stopped being detected on xbox one x, for the use of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    WD ULTRA 3TB hard drive suddenly stopped being detected on xbox one x, for the use of...: Hello fellow gamers, I recently purchased a WD Ultra 3TB hard drive to view my video files on my xbox one x media player. It was working at first, until it randomly stopped being detected few...