Xbox hard drive

Discus and support Xbox hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so I have an xbox one s hard drive that I pulled from an old xbox. With that being said how can I get it to read on a new xbox one s as an external?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by richardmcdonald2, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Xbox hard drive

Ok so I have an xbox one s hard drive that I pulled from an old xbox. With that being said how can I get it to read on a new xbox one s as an external? I want to use it as external memory but my xbox wont even register that it is there. I bought a case
    that meets up to its specifications and everything just doesnt seem to pick it up at all

:)

richardmcdonald2, Oct 26, 2019
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hard Drive Not Recognised

Hi, the problem is that you configured the hard drives as xbox USB storage devices, this will have removed information the console needs to distinguish an xbox hard drive from a USB hard drive. In essence this now means you can't use the hard drives as
    xbox hard drives again.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again error

Hi there,

From where did you buy your hard drive from? How much was it? Is it an official Xbox hard drive? If you bought a cheaper hard drive from a private seller on Amazon or an auction site, it is highly likely that your hard drive is not an official Xbox hard
    drive. Original Xbox games will not load on un-official hard drives.
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

XBOX 360 E CONSOLE WON'T DETECT NEW DRIVE

Hi, an Xbox internal hardrive has to have a specific boot sector for the Xbox to see it ( that boot sector would contain all the information the Xbox needs to enable it to be used as an internal Xbox hard drive such as drive size, whether it's an official
    hard drive etc ) an external hard drive is another matter totally, external drives work differently but some games do require you to have an internal hard drive but that's a whole other subject.

Where we're getting out wires crossed is that in order to have an internal hard drive other than an official hard drive to work you'd have to somehow modify the boot sector of the unofficial hard drive to something the Xbox can see ( for example the Xbox
    sees the hard drive and gets the info that it's a hard drive suitable for use as an internal Xbox hard drive yadda yadda )

With that said, if you just put any old regular hard drive into the internal hard drive bay on your Xbox it's just not going to work at all.
  5. Smwutches Win User

XBox 360 game required hard drive issue

Some games do require an Xbox hard drive due to the system files on the drives. External hard drives will not work. They require an official MS Xbox 360 hard drive.
  6. jedi master1974 Win User

hard drive problems

hello

just formatted my hard drive and its still saying unformatted i think my hard drive is broken and needs replacing

if i buy a new hard drive or Xbox do i need a data transfer cable to transfer from hard drive to hard drive?

but at the moment there is nothing on my Xbox hard drive to transfer
Thema:

Xbox hard drive

1. Xbox hard drive - Similar Threads - hard drive

2. External hard drive is not being detected

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive is not being detected: my seagate 4 tb hard drive isnt working and i have hard reset my console and unplugged it and replugged it in and it wont work 10e97246-18e5-48a4-acf0-5be8cbaa9978
  3. My external hard drive is not turning off. Does any have thisproblem or just my console?...

in XboX Insiders
    My external hard drive is not turning off. Does any have thisproblem or just my console?...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Deadmandoom963 [link] [comments]
  4. after last update internal hard drive has problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    after last update internal hard drive has problems: On internal hard drive rock band 4 ( a game) is no longer displayed. If ever after hours first. Nevertheless, RockBand does not start anymore. In some cases, the first screen with "loading" takes...
  5. External hard drive

in XboX Networking Hardware
    External hard drive: External hard drive Hi, Gibby here! I have no current knowledge or experience on this subject matter, and I am horribly sorry to hear about this problem affecting you.. Here is the Xbox support...
  6. External hard drive and how to switch bewteen consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive and how to switch bewteen consoles: Tryibg to let my son use my hard drive. But when i plug the hard drive into his xbox it will detect and not show any games or let us transfer games. My account is on both xboxes. How am i to let...
  7. Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive: My xbox one is connected to a Toshiba hard drive. The blue light is flashing. When i go to storage my hard drive doesn’t show ip, only the games stored on the xbox....
  8. External Hard Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Hard Drive: My external will not download games and will not load games that are downloaded on the hard drive. This has been going on for more than a month and I need to fix it because it is driving me crazy....
  9. External hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive: My external hard drive is connected and it pops up and says that it is connected but non of the games i have installed on it show up and i cant instal any thing else to it it shows that it is...
  10. Glitched hard drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Glitched hard drives: With the last two updates I've had two hard drives stop working and can't figure out why because I hooked them up to my laptop and there all good so if anyone knows what's going on it would be a...