Xbox hardware

Discus and support Xbox hardware in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox hardware Hi SurgicalTrain91, Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help. In order to confirm that the console has a hardware... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by SurgicalTrain91, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Xbox hardware

Xbox hardware
    Hi SurgicalTrain91,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

In order to confirm that the console has a hardware issue and would need to be replaced or repaired is to try the important solutions like a power cycle or a factory reset.

First, go ahead and do a hard restart and power cycle. Hold
    down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a soft factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your
    network during the reset. If that does not help then you would need to do a full factory reset removing everything from the hard drive.

If the full factory reset does not solve the issue, then the console would need to be repaired or replaced.

:)

SurgicalTrain91, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Jarvyk Win User

Xbox hardware

The solution I was looking at was replacing with an Xbox one X so i'm not too concerned with warranty voiding. The sound is definitely not just startup turbo fan sounds, it is a concerning rattle, this is why I suspected an obstruction.
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox hardware

What sort of sound are you getting? Just a super loud fan sound, or does it sound like the fan is hitting something? I get a super loud fan on my Xbox One X, but never anything more than that.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox hardware

Hi SurgicalTrain91,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

In order to confirm that the console has a hardware issue and would need to be replaced or repaired is to try the important solutions like a power cycle or a factory reset.

First, go ahead and do a hard restart and power cycle. Hold
    down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a soft factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your
    network during the reset. If that does not help then you would need to do a full factory reset removing everything from the hard drive.

If the full factory reset does not solve the issue, then the console would need to be repaired or replaced.
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

Xbox hardware

Hey there Jarvyk,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on what to do in this instance. I understand how this could be pretty discouraging. However, because the discussion of self repair is prohibited in the

Xbox Forums Guidelines
    , I will be locking this thread.

Thanks for reading!
  6. LunaLight7 Win User

Xbox hardware

What error code is shown when what you described occurs?
Thema:

Xbox hardware

1. Xbox hardware - Similar Threads - hardware

2. "UPnP Not Successful" Hardware Network Issues

in XboX Networking Hardware
    "UPnP Not Successful" Hardware Network Issues: "UPnP Not Successful" Hardware Network Issues I followed xbox's guide to troubleshooting when you get a "UPnP Not Successful" in ur network settings. After following Home>Hardware&Networking's...
  3. Xbox one s power or hardware failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s power or hardware failure: Well f... I'm not sure what happened but was 40 minutes in game and my Xbox just started smoking... Now it doesn't switch on or do anything... I'm having issues contacting Microsoft or support.....
  4. : Hardware problem when connecting to WiFi Network

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Hardware problem when connecting to WiFi Network: : Hardware problem when connecting to WiFi Network Hello Spike, Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We are sorry for the issue with the error. When this error occurs, it most likely means...
  5. Hardware support xbox serviced and came back without controller or power cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware support xbox serviced and came back without controller or power cable: I sent my xbox to get serviced in Texas and I sent it with a controller and power cable just in case they needed it. I was saddened to realise that now that my xbox came back from being serviced...
  6. Xbox Game Bar won't access mine hardware to record clips

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar won't access mine hardware to record clips: There was a time and day where I could record a game in my Alienware area 51 m(g chip: Nvidia Geforce TI 2080) until I couldn't even record because it didn't access my hardware. I had tried...
  7. Xbox One X hardware question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X hardware question: This has probably been asked before but is there a certain usb port an external H/D should be connected to or does it not matter? 028374f0-7301-4773-8b44-29bb3490b8c6
  8. Hardware and settings of the Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware and settings of the Xbox: Hello everyone, reflecting on the innovations of the next generation of consoles, I was perplexed by the overwhelming fact of a few elements, and I want to open this discussion about what else...
  9. Contact numbers ref Hardware sent for Repair in GERMANY!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Contact numbers ref Hardware sent for Repair in GERMANY!: I sent an xbox elite controller to Frankfurt Germany for repair. It was picked up by UPS in the UK on the 11/05/20 and I have confirmation that it was delivered to Germany on the 22/05/20. The...
  10. X Box Elite 2 Hardware Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Elite 2 Hardware Issues: I received an Xbox Elite 2 controller for Christmas. By February, I had drift issues. It was within warranty and exchanged it. Now, I have a sticky button. Of course my warranty ran out less than...