Xbox has a Bot Problem

Discus and support Xbox has a Bot Problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I have been being plagued by random notifications of accounts adding me as a friend. Considering that I do not know any of the accounts that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MiiraVelocity, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Xbox has a Bot Problem

Recently I have been being plagued by random notifications of accounts adding me as a friend. Considering that I do not know any of the accounts that are adding me, and I prefer to stay somewhat private online; only friending people I actually know personally, this is a concern to me.

After doing a little research I have found some other people that have the same issue, one person even had it happen so much that xbox sent him an enforcement email claiming that he was botting followers for himself (which he wasnt).

Does Microsoft ever plan to add an option in privacy to only allow friends of friends to add you on Xbox? It would make for a much more peaceful time, not to mention less notifications. Seeing as Microsoft tends to implement new features to increase privacy on a semi-regular basis, it surprises me that this has not already been added as a feature.

Nearly every single mainstream social network has a feature to prevent strangers from immediately being able to see you or your posts. With how Xbox has been getting geared towards becoming more social, why is it that Microsoft has yet to add more privacy in this regard?

:)

MiiraVelocity, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Horus Strike Win User

Gears of War 3 - Problems with the Matchmaking - TO MS/Live and Epic

the same problem and when i get into a match am with bots against bots .

this needs to be fixed
  3. AridLizard Win User

Reporting Bots

these bots are a relatively new (to xbox) problem. I expect MS will update the reporting options soon to cover this
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Weird gamertags on xbox live

No they are not actual Developers. I have random people on my friends list that has "Dev" or "Developer" along with another word or numbers in their Gamertag. They are likely bots. There is a big problem with tens of thousands of bots being created for
    websites you can go to, to "buy followers". People go to these sites and pay money to people to buy followers, and it is these bots that they "buy" to follow them. Many bots are made just to follow people for a follower number, through these websites. It's
    either that or someone just doing something strange and creating multiple accounts, maybe for game boosting etc.
  5. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

Bot accounts problem

As stated report and block. Hopefully they find a way to stop the all
  6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Bot accounts problem

Hey Guys and Gals,

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

Since there is no further resolution and in an effort to minimize repetitive answers we will be locking this thread, but if you have any further

questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forums.

Happy gaming!

Felix

Xbox forums support
Thema:

Xbox has a Bot Problem

1. Xbox has a Bot Problem - Similar Threads - has Bot Problem

2. "your game has taken too long to load"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "your game has taken too long to load": Xbox One S user here I have experienced the black screen of Death And managed to fix it, Yesterday I Was Gaming on my xbox perfectly fine forza horizon 4 would load and I raced a couple of times...
  3. MS Store error (error code 0x00000193): Your request has been blocked. This could be due to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    MS Store error (error code 0x00000193): Your request has been blocked. This could be due to...: This mainly occurs when your Internet Service Provider is using a proxy server. In order to resolve this issue, you can simply change your MAC address (commonly MAC Spoofing) either by simply...
  4. Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection

in XBoX Accessibility
    Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection: I bought a brand new xbox controller about a month or two ago (pulse red wireless with share button and hybrid d pad) so that I could attach my wired headset to it and stop using my sister’s...
  5. Getting Error code 87dd0006 its almost like my account has disappeared

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting Error code 87dd0006 its almost like my account has disappeared: the issue is i cannot sign into my xbox live profile i was using the xbox app on the pc where i do most of my gaming on xbox live and for some reason i received the code 87dd0006 when i tried to...
  6. I changed the Refresh rate from 60hz to 120hz and now my xbox has a black screen no matter...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed the Refresh rate from 60hz to 120hz and now my xbox has a black screen no matter...: So I was trying to fix my aspect ratio because my TV doesnt have the feature to do it so I was messing with my xbox trying to see if there was and in the process I decided that whats the harm in...
  7. My Xbox has not been working for me lately

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox has not been working for me lately: On April 6 my Xbox would not work. It would take 30 minutes to get past the loading screen then when I got past that I got to the dash bored but then some of the icons on things would not pop up....
  8. Bought a game and it has disappeared

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game and it has disappeared: I bought a game today for 15 bucks and it hasn't appeared in my library. When I go to it in the store the price shows up and it gives me the option to buy the game again and it doesn't say that I...
  9. so my account has been unjustly banned and I got a cookie cutter bot reply when I tried to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    so my account has been unjustly banned and I got a cookie cutter bot reply when I tried to...: I stupidly made a LFG post for gta titled something like "modded money drop job" when it was really just a deathmatch where I would get into a savage helicopter and kill others over and over...
  10. Can't access House of Steel dungeon - 4th lock bot has disappeared

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access House of Steel dungeon - 4th lock bot has disappeared: Here is where the House of Steel is in the Cradle [View:http://i.imgur.com/iEFg0aF.png:550:394] I found the green lock bot in this spot. [View:http://i.imgur.com/qv3tMd6.png:550:394] It...