Xbox headphones not working on controller of Xbox console.

Discus and support Xbox headphones not working on controller of Xbox console. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi This is my first post, I’m having trouble with a set of Xbox headphones. The headphones work with other devices such as a iPhone or Line 6... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mark0614, Apr 15, 2019 at 9:33 PM.

1. Mark0614
    Mark0614 Guest

Hi

This is my first post, I’m having trouble with a set of Xbox headphones. The headphones work with other devices such as a iPhone or Line 6 guitarport using the 3.5 mm male jack.

I have looked at settings and I’m unable to select the volume button, the cursor simply skips over it to the next option which is buzzer.

what do you advise that I try?

Thanks for your assistance.

Mark

:)

2. DreadGrrl Win User

headphones don't work

Hello, derekhome.

Can you please clarify your situation? What model xbox are you using? You indicate that you’ve plugged the wired headphones into the “console,” did you mean that you plugged the headphones into the controller(s)?

Providing that the headphones are plugged into the (properly paired and functioning) controllers, and volume adjustments have been performed, they (and any other headphone) should work.
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Mark,

Welcome to the Xbox forums! We can definitely help you out here. First thing we need to do is figure out where this issue is coming from. It could be the Xbox, the controller or the network. From my experience, it is best to start with the Xbox controller
    since the headset seems to be working on other devices. This is on Xbox one, right?

Do you have a second controller to test your headset on? Can you let us know what your NAT type is in your

Network settings
    ? I recommend trying to
    update the controller.

Let us know the results!
  4. vQ jester Win User

Hey mark to best trouble shoot the issue there are a few things to try and to check so if you can do the following and let us know the outcome we can try and help you further.

the first thing to know is does your headset plug directly into the controler or are you usig a noise filterinng block/volume mixer

secondly have you tried the headset in another controller

thirdly have you tried another headset to ensure that the issue is not with headset compatability

if you can check and let us know we should be able to find the fault without you havig to spend a small fortune buying new headset and controllers
  5. Fearless Reign7 Win User

Since you said the headset works fine on iphone and other devices, its prob the controller. Check to see if theres any updates for the controller. The controller you have, is it a third party controller or an actual xbox controller?

in my opinion, im not to fond of third party, or cheap knock offs things like that (had bad experience a while back)

also, welcom to the forums and xbox :)
  6. LordCthuhlu117 Win User

After I've dropped my controller several times (mostly by walking away from my desk with my headphones still on) you may need to get a new one if the mic port isn't working. For any errors in xbox settings i would power cycle the console by holding the
    power button for ten seconds, waiting a minute then turning it back on.
Thema:

1. Xbox headphones not working on controller of Xbox console. - Similar Threads - headphones working controller

2. Xbox One basic controller (white) female headphone jack not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One basic controller (white) female headphone jack not working: Hello, I've done all the trouble shooting. It is clear that the female headphone jack on the 6 month old controller packed with the Xbox One S no longer works. Everything else works on the...
  3. Volume greyed out on controller settings - mic / headphones not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume greyed out on controller settings - mic / headphones not working: My sons headphones and mic have stopped working and the microphone icon is always crossed out. The headphones have been checked on other devices and work. I have seen forums saying to go into...
  4. Xbox one controller headphone jack stopped working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller headphone jack stopped working?: I use a SADES 807 gaming headset, yesterday my headphone jack stopped working, it’s not an old controller, I just got it for christmas new in the box, I’ve tried taking out the batteries,...
  5. Auriculares no funcionan mando xbox one[Headphones do not work xbox one control]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auriculares no funcionan mando xbox one[Headphones do not work xbox one control]: hola, vengo experimentando problemas con los cascos que tengo (tengo unos genbu y unos tritton) y ninguno de ellos funciona con mis mandos de la xbox one, sin embargo con otras consolas como la...
  6. Mic and headphone not working when plugged into Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic and headphone not working when plugged into Xbox controller: Can anyone help. We have the Xbox 1s and we have a wired headset/mic which we have always plugged into the controller. One fine day it stopped working with a mic symbol on the screen with a cross...
  7. headphones on controller do not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    headphones on controller do not work: Hi. I hope you are all OK. I have a problem. Since I updated the xbox One S, this week, the headphones have stopped working. I do not hear anything from them when I connect them to the...
  8. Xbox One - Controller won't work with headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Controller won't work with headphones: I have an Xbox One problem Headphones work with other people's controllers on my Xbox, but not with my own controller. I own two controllers: Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller (purchased May...
  9. Headphones not working with Xbox controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headphones not working with Xbox controller: I have a working pair of headphones, which work wirb my iphone. However when i plug them into my xbox controllers they do not work. i have tried 3 different controller, 2 wireless and 1 wired....
  10. controller headphone doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller headphone doesn't work: my headphones doesn't work with the xbox one s controller 9218b895-a7cf-4b11-b8bc-1bfeca60cb2b