Xbox headset microphone issues muffled urgent help

Discus and support Xbox headset microphone issues muffled urgent help in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I got a steel series 3 Arctic headset brand new However those on Xbox hear me muffled but if they join the party on Xbox app on their phone I sound... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Ffizzzy12, Aug 26, 2021.

1. /u/Ffizzzy12
    /u/Ffizzzy12 Guest

I got a steel series 3 Arctic headset brand new However those on Xbox hear me muffled but if they join the party on Xbox app on their phone I sound perfectly fine my controller isn’t a issue neither the Xbox , I’m on the series x I need to resolve the issue the microphone sounds fine on other devices but when speaking to another person on Xbox it’s muffled but if they on phone it sounds fine I’m so lost help please .

submitted by /u/Ffizzzy12
    [link] [comments]

/u/Ffizzzy12, Aug 26, 2021
  2. DBD WARRI0R Win User

Mic echo

sometimes theres an issue with the connection between speaker and mic in the headset itself, like its too sensitive, or the ear muffs arent strong enough to muffle the speaker volume. If others are hearing an echo but you're not, the headset volume may
    be turned up a notch too high. Or, if your mic came with a boom cover (little foam bit on the end of a microphone), be sure to use it. Won't fix the sound completely, if the issue is poor noise suppression in the headphones, but can help muffle it.
  3. Wishcatcher Win User

Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working

Hi,

If all 4 controllers not working with your headset on the console, i suggest you to try the headset with one controller on your computer.

If the microphone still not working, you will be sure its the headset the issue, if the microphone works, meaning you probably put a wrong settings into the Xbox so i suggest you to double check all audio settings >

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help

Regards
  4. Arminator Win User

Optical Cables

As the others already suggest, I'd doubt that the muffled sound comes from the optical cable.

Since the sound data is transmitted digitally through the cable, it either works, or does not work.

Anything "in between" would result in loud scratching, static noise or similar sound drop outs.

It's not possible for a digital signal to become "muffled".

So try to use your Astro headset on a different device just for testing if possible. I very much suspect, that the issue is on the headset itself, if sound is muffled.
  5. HRC Boosted Win User

Turtle Beach PX3 Sound Quality Issues

It's definitely a muffled noise, I compare the sounds coming from the headset to the sounds coming straight through my TV. The TV sound quality is very crisp and clear, while the headset quality seems to be far away, muffled and sometimes distorted.
  6. CamicaziBoss Win User

Mike won’t connect to my Xbox

Thema:

1. Xbox headset microphone issues muffled urgent help - Similar Threads - headset microphone issues

2. Do I need headset with microphone or can I use microphone only?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need headset with microphone or can I use microphone only?: Hi I have a Xbox series X. This is connected to an Dolby Atmos sound system by HDMI. What do I need and how do I configure a microphone in this. I dont want to use a headset and would prefer a...
  3. Xbox Stereo Headset microphone is very quiet on Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Stereo Headset microphone is very quiet on Windows 11: Hello! I've just purchased the 20th Anniversary Xbox Stereo Headset, but the volume on the microphone is very quiet on Windows 11. I've tried recording in Audacity aswell as listening to it via...
  4. Microphone issue when plugging headset into 3.5mm, long RadioShack headphones extender cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone issue when plugging headset into 3.5mm, long RadioShack headphones extender cable: Not the best with wording so bear with me, please. I recently had to get a headphone extender cable since I had moved my laptop on top of my desk and made it go onto a monitor. I found a...
  5. Microphone/headset issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone/headset issues: Hi My headset, which is unknown to me but it has Game’s branding on it, has suddenly stopped working for its use as a microphone and for volume. So, I’d thought I’d replace it but found out that...
  6. Microphone/headset issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone/headset issues: Hi My headset, which is unknown to me but it has Game’s branding on it, has suddenly stopped working for its use as a microphone and for volume. So, I’d thought I’d replace it but found out that...
  7. Stereo Headset Microphone Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo Headset Microphone Issue: I have had the same controller/stereo adapter/headset for the past 2 years, and suddenly the mic starts making bad static for about a day, then quits working all together. Audio still works...
  8. Will the new headset adapter coming in Fall, fix the microphone issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the new headset adapter coming in Fall, fix the microphone issue?: I hope? What Investors Can Expect from Microsoft Corp's e49d0c8d-9d14-4cb9-b963-592232e50026
  9. XB1 Stereo Headset Microphone Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset Microphone Issue: Hi, I just purchased this yesterday and the microphone sensitivity, initially, seems to be too low with the Xbox One stereo headset. Both controllers and console are updated with the latests...
  10. Polk 4Shot microphone issue and the headset adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Polk 4Shot microphone issue and the headset adapter: Hi all I got my Polk 4Shot headset yesterday and, unfortunately, I'm getting the mic issues that seem to be widespread. My question is if anyone had heard anything about this being a fault of the...