Xbox headset not working on one of my controllers

Discus and support Xbox headset not working on one of my controllers in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Out of the blue my headset stopped working on my main controller. I used a backup controller and the headset works fine on that one. The main... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/C_damen, Oct 16, 2020.

1. /u/C_damen
    /u/C_damen Guest

Out of the blue my headset stopped working on my main controller. I used a backup controller and the headset works fine on that one. The main controller works fine but just the headset won’t work on it for some reason. Hoping someone can help trouble shoot this

submitted by /u/C_damen
    [link] [comments]

/u/C_damen, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Player288725692 Win User

Xbox one controller not working with headset... again!

My headsets don't work either with my Xbox One X controller.
  3. Lady Nataleigh Win User

Can I use USB Headset on the Xbox one

USB headsets do not work with Xbox One. The only ones that will work are ones that use a 3.5mm jack with the controller or one of their (Xbox) certified headsets.
  4. TickleMeCthulhu Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

Took my newest controller over to a friend's house with my XO Ones attached, to see if they would work on his xbox. A while back, My Day One controller wasn't working with the headset, so figured I'd try buying a brand new one, but it the headsets still
    didn't work (a;though, I knew the headsets worked just fine when plugged into my pic or my iPad. Anyway, at my friend's place, I registered the controller on his system (he shut off his controller) and the headsets still received no audio. He turned his controller
    back on and I plugged the chat adapter and headset to his controller and the headsets worked perfectly. So...I guess the controllers are the issue for me , and the new controller I bought was also happened to be defective? Jeez, I'd hate to have to buy a third
    controller, but if that's the fix in my case, I guess I have to. I could pull some underhanded *** and buy one from Best Buy, and if it works, put my old controller in the box and return it. But. That. Would. Be. Wrong.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Problem with a headset

Hey there Nando,

Thanks for the update with the issue with the headset on the Xbox One Controller.
    I recommend taking a look at the following troubleshooting articles:

If the problem persists:

• Try your Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working.
    • Try using a Headset Adapter for compatibility issues.
    • Try your Headset on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try
      updating the first controlleragain.

Try this out and let us know the results.
  6. cvopal Win User

Xbox One X headset audio stutter / popping

I appreciate your time in responding. Unfortunately, I have done this already, the issue is not with the headset. I have tried other headsets in my possession, the issue persists and must be with the console output to the controller. The same controller
    and headset work perfectly with my Year One Xbox One console.
Thema:

1. Xbox headset not working on one of my controllers - Similar Threads - headset working controllers

2. Headset doesn’t work for specific controller color

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset doesn’t work for specific controller color: For about 3 months i have been using a gray/blue remote with my xbox. Yesterday while in partychat with friends, my mic was not picking up my voice. I unplugged the headset and plugged it into my...
  3. Headset not working with wireless xbox one controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with wireless xbox one controller: For some reason sound doesn't play from my headset when using a wireless controller. I have used two different wireless controllers and two different headsets and neither of these works but the...
  4. Xbox Design Lab Controller Headset Jack not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller Headset Jack not working: Hi, My son bought an Xbox design lab controller 1 month ago and the headphone jack has stopped working. We have tried different headsets and none work. We have also connected headsets to his...
  5. Headset microphone won’t work on Elite 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone won’t work on Elite 2 controller: My son has a new elite 2 controller, his second one in 4 months first one had to get replaced due to serious stick drift. Neither if them had the micorphone able to work with his headsets. His...
  6. My controller makes my headset only work on one ear.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller makes my headset only work on one ear.: So i was going to get on my xbox and when i plugged in my headphones, it onky worked on one ear. I went to check if it needed an update but it didint. I tried to use my headset on my other...
  7. Xbox elite controller series 1 headset jack stopped working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox elite controller series 1 headset jack stopped working.: Last night, the headset jack to my xbox elite controller series 1 stopped detecting my Hyper X cloud 2 headset. At first I thought it was the headset, but I have tried the headset on other...
  8. My new Xbox controller, brand new headset Mic won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Xbox controller, brand new headset Mic won’t work: Hi,my new Xbox controller voice chat wont work, i tired to restart it and find new headsets but it still didnt work but my mic works on my first controller but It broke a long time ago. Someone...
  9. Xbox one controller not working with headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller not working with headsets: I have got an xbox one console, and until now i have had no problems with it. I recently bought a new controller so now i have one new and one old xbox one controller. I was using my old...
  10. Headset jack/sound no longer working on Xbox One Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset jack/sound no longer working on Xbox One Elite Controller: Hello, From one minute to the next the headset jack/sound stopped working on our Xbox One Elite controller. We bought it from Target.com July, 2019. Not sure if it's still under warranty through...