xbox home box multi-generation

Discus and support xbox home box multi-generation in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an xbox one, set as home console with a usb containing various games. When I get an xbox series x later this year I'll be using the xbox one in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fraserlamont, Sep 16, 2020.

1. fraserlamont
    fraserlamont Guest

I have an xbox one, set as home console with a usb containing various games. When I get an xbox series x later this year I'll be using the xbox one in another room (replacing my old xbox 360, mostly used for netflix & prime as well as 360 games). Currently
    I'm signed into both as my microsoft user, and can play games on both at the same time.

I know the xbox one has a home box setting, which shares my xbox live & games pass subscriptions with other users on that console. My question is, will I be able to play games on my xbox one from my library in room 1, and someone else be able to play games
    on my xbox series x in room 2 at the same time? Since that would be two different generations, similar setup to my existing xbox 360 & xbox one. Or will I only be able to use the games on the xbox series x which will render the xbox one as completely useless,
    unable to even load netflix etc as it requires a shared xbox live subscription?

If i can have a homebox xbox one (using my xbox live sub for netflix, prime & games) in one room, and a homebox xbox series x (again using my xbox live sub & games pass sub) in another room, that'd be useful - otherwise it appears there is zero point in
    buying an xbox series x. I only have digital games, sold off the discs years ago.

thanks in advance

:)

fraserlamont, Sep 16, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Comment avoir accès à mon DLC?[Translation-How do I get access to my DLC?]

Hi Mane,

Thanks for coming to the forums. As mentioned you will need to set up the home console. To do this have your brother log on go to settings>General>personalization>My home Xbox>the bottom box if says make this my home Xbox go ahead and click the box and make
    it home. This will allow you to access that DLC your brother owns.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Nukemzzz Win User

Two household Xbox ones and tips to manage games

Update... I just made the living room box the Home box and tried my digital copy of titan fall and it worked. She could play the digital copy the same time as me and in the same multi-player match while I was in the bedroom which is now an "away" box. I
    assume this is the same with Destiny?

If this continues to work it makes the digital copy more attractive for a two box household.
  4. Chris123WW Win User

What is the most populated game on Xbox Live or PS3 currently?

So Xbox live and multie player on 360 in general still seem to be the top dog. Good to hear. Xbox is still the best
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

gestion de sauvegardes et extensions[Translation-backups and extensions]

Hi Dread,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend to check the
    home console
    . You would want to set your girlfriends account as the main. Basically in short, have girlfriend log on your console, go to settings>general>personalization>my home Xbox> make it her home Xbox. If the box says remove my home Xbox, it is already
    set.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Koods Win User

Xbox Family Pass

I think rather than a multi-user subscription akin to what Nintendo offer on Switch we're liklier to see an extension to the home Xbox mentality. The reason I say that is simple economics, £50 Xbox Live subscription for a "single" user would likely need
    to be closer to £100+ for a multi-user subcription for many £50 is already in that territory where it's considered a luxury, putting it closer or over the £100 mark then raises it to a questionable level for many. The problem is that if we extend the home
    Xbox ethos then you're also causing problems for publishers who won't be happy as they'll already be losing significant sums due to digital sharing (you don't think it's a coincidence that loot box mechanics have skyrocketed this generation do you!). I'm
    well aware of multiple situations where 2 mates are splitting the cost of games and only having to buy one copy where traditionally two copies would have been sold, now imagine if say EA lose a third or fourth copy of a game because 3/4 home Xbox's can be
    set?

(Please note, not really picking on EA, they just happened to be the first name that I saw on my games shelf!)
Thema:

1. xbox home box multi-generation - Similar Threads - home box multi

2. X Box Home

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Home: I was temporarily sharing my Xbox Live Gold with my friend but his console is the home console and I have reached my limit of switches until it renews in May. How can I remove him so he no longer...
  3. second x box one installation in the home to allow live play

in XBoX Accessibility
    second x box one installation in the home to allow live play: Hi, Ive spent two hours on xbox chat without resolving my issue. Can anyone help me. I have two boys and one x box one. Yesterday I bought another x box one and tried to set it up. This we did but...
  4. Home box: not understanding how it works anymore...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home box: not understanding how it works anymore...: So we have 2 xbox ones in the home. We had one as the home box and understood that the downloadable content (games) from the NOT HOME BOX can be downloaded (shared) to the HOME BOX and played on...
  5. i can't set home box there is I get an error message

in XBoX Accessibility
    i can't set home box there is I get an error message: I have an Xbox X and i wanted share my games and live subscription to my son's consol S this is the message [img] c004ca22-fd90-4802-ab24-294feaf93aab
  6. None of my xboxones are working. They turn on load up then black screen.. The home box will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my xboxones are working. They turn on load up then black screen.. The home box will...: None of my xbox ones are working. They turn on, boot up and then black screen. Home menu will pop up but cant navigate through it 79268f49-bc50-445c-a1a5-a035202b36b5
  7. BT Home Hub BT Home Hub 5: X Box One X Wont connect to BT Smart Hub

in XboX Networking Hardware
    BT Home Hub BT Home Hub 5: X Box One X Wont connect to BT Smart Hub: BT Home Hub (Modems/Gateways) BT Home Hub 5: X Box One X Wont connect to BT Smart Hub Ive just changed ISP from Sky Fibre to BT Infinity so no real change in speed yet when I try to connect my...
  8. X box one S freezes in the home menu

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one S freezes in the home menu: Hello, I would like to get a help regarding my x box one s that I bought recently, as soon as I bought it it asked for an update for the current version I updated it normally, and it was working...
  9. Home X Box designation Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home X Box designation Issues: I have (2 )x box one consoles in different rooms in the house. Each x box has it's own individual x box live account. I have tried switching the "Home X Box" settings in an attempt to play...
  10. Store/Mixer/Right hand home boxes not loading.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Store/Mixer/Right hand home boxes not loading.: So for the past few days I've been unable to load the store, view the mixer tab, or download games I've purchased on xbox.com. Every time I turn on my xbox I see this on the home screen: [img]...