Xbox home menu button won’t work correctly

Discus and support Xbox home menu button won’t work correctly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox turns on fine with the xbox button in controller. And if i hold the button on the controller, it vibrates and gives me the power options screen.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Moss1991, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Moss1991
    Moss1991 Guest

Xbox turns on fine with the xbox button in controller. And if i hold the button on the controller, it vibrates and gives me the power options screen. Issue is when i tap the button to bring up small menu for settings, messages, achivements, friends, etc.
    it doesnt pull up. I have tried a hard reset multiple times and nothing. I even connected my controller to my roommates xbox and everything worked fine. When i scroll over to my user name in the top oeft and try to select it with the A button it doesnt work
    either. When i do that or tap the xbox button the screen flashes darker for a split second and then back to normal.

:)

Moss1991, Aug 1, 2019
  2. AssertiveGrub90 Win User

You should probably get in touch with support and they can step through the problem with you.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Are you part of the Xbox Insider Preview program? Try power cycling the console by pressing and holding the Xbox power button till fully off. Wait 30 seconds and power back up.
  4. Moss1991 Win User

Update: used my roommates controller on my xbox, and same issue happens.
  5. CharlieHamer1 Win User

Home menu button not working

I am having the issue and can't get an answer from anyone.
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

Home button/menu button

Hi, first try resetting your console by holding the power button on the console for a full 10 seconds until it turns off. Unplug it for a minute. Plug it back in and try again. See if it works properly.
Thema:

1. Xbox home menu button won’t work correctly - Similar Threads - home menu button

2. Mi boton de home no funciona " my menu or home button does not work"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mi boton de home no funciona " my menu or home button does not work": I started having this problem since my console is working perfectly all except the menu to close a game I have to restart the console and try all the steps to fix it from restarting the console by...
  3. Every Game keeps crashing and returns to home menu

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every Game keeps crashing and returns to home menu: It started yesterday,ive cleared all data asked to on the trouble shoot page I've even factory reset it and still no change. 5157fb29-201d-4712-9ac8-195d892cb310
  4. I can’t select anything on the home menu

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t select anything on the home menu: I was having trouble getting my xbox to stay on the home screen (I would turn it on and be on the home screen for a couple of seconds then go grey). I did a full reset and now it stays on the home...
  5. Pac-Man Museum, same button combination for Xbox 360 home menu needed to reset options for ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pac-Man Museum, same button combination for Xbox 360 home menu needed to reset options for ...: While playing BC Pac-Man Museum on Xbox One, the same button combination to open the Xbox 360 Home Menu on BC games (VIEW+MENU) is also required to reset individual game options in Pac-Man Museum...
  6. Home menu button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home menu button not working: for the past few days when I try to use the main menu the screen goes dull but no menus appear... making most of the use of the console near impossible... having to shutdown console to get out...
  7. Xbox home and menu button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox home and menu button: When I'm in a game and press the menu button the screen dims but the black screen on the right where your accounts are displayed does not appear. This means I am unable to change my account. When...
  8. Home button/menu button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button/menu button: Hi. So when I press the home button to go home or press it to bring up the menu my screen goes darker and the sound goes but no menu appears. Even in game no menu appears and the game continues...
  9. Using the home button menu while in game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using the home button menu while in game: I've recently started to have a problem were my home button doesn't allow me to pull up the side menu, go to the Xbox home,and hold down the button to join parties read messages ex. If anyone...
  10. B button won't work in game or home menu.

in XBoX on Consoles
    B button won't work in game or home menu.: Hi there! I have a huge problem with my xbox one, I can't go back in the menus on xbox one and neither can I press b in the game either. I have tried to change to a new controller awswell but it...