Xbox hotspot connection

Discus and support Xbox hotspot connection in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox hotspot connection So I bought a mobile hotspot from Verizon so that I could play online at home because the only internet available is satellite.... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by TitanWilliams, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Xbox hotspot connection

Xbox hotspot connection
    So I bought a mobile hotspot from Verizon so that I could play online at home because the only internet available is satellite. And it worked great for about a week or two .Then all the sudden it doesn’t allow me to play games online but it shows my friends and my captures etc but it won’t let me play online I tried resetting the the hotspot to factory settings and went through and made sure there were no weird restrictions and everything on that end checks out I tried changing my port resetting my Xbox I even tried connecting my computer to the hotspot and sharing it to check if the hotspot has restrictions. I also tried a VPN although it was a free scetchy one. I’ve tried everything I can think of and I really hope there is a solution because this is really my only option for internet

:)

TitanWilliams, Aug 11, 2021
  2. christinsim
    christinsim New Member
    I would say vpn will solve the issue

christinsim, Oct 27, 2021
  3. ChangingSafe183 Win User

Xbox not connecting to mobile hotspot

I just connect to xbox live with the mobile hotspot to watch Netflix and YouTube. I've been doing that for a year. Then right after the smartphone update Xbox won't connect to the phones hotspot.

I tried the hard reset and turning off the hotspot and back on again but the Xbox still can't connect to the network.
  4. Ice DjKilla Win User

How to successfully connect to Hotel internet {Xbox 360}

You could also start a VPN.

Also could use a hotspot service on your laptop. In which, you would connect to a hotel wifi on your laptop, broadcast your wifi signal out using a hotspot app. Then connect your xbox to the said hotspot from your computer. Then you can sustain connection
    to Xbox Live.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

OneCast app

It might work if your phone can access devices connected to it when it's set up as a hotspot.

However, if the Hotspot is only designed to directly route WiFi traffic from connected devices to it's cellphone modem, then it won't work.

So it's worth a try: Enable the WiFi hotspot function on your phone. Connect your console to the Hotspot.

Launch the OneCast App, and see if it finds the connected Xbox.

If it doesn't, then you really need to unpack your router.
  6. Allebas Win User

hot spotting xbox live

Was the hotspot connection popping up in network setting on Xbox?
  7. XBF Erick C Win User

Xbox not connecting to mobile hotspot

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you continue to run into this issue with connecting to your Hotspot. When you are attempting to connect to your phones hotspot do you receive any error messages when trying to connect or do you not see the hotspot under the available networks?
    Have you attempted to connect to a different mobile devices hotspot to see if this changes anything?

Unfortunately if your console is just not connecting to your hotspot specifically it could be something with the new update that is blocking the console from connecting to this network.

I Hope this helps.
Thema:

Xbox hotspot connection

1. Xbox hotspot connection - Similar Threads - hotspot connection

2. Xbox connects to Hotspot but doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox connects to Hotspot but doesn't work: Currently my internet doesn't work ATM and I decided I wanted to get online and play. When I went to the network settings to connect it to my Hotspot it connected to it but it doesn't work. I...
  3. My mobile hotspot won't connect with my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mobile hotspot won't connect with my Xbox one: I have a galaxy s21 I have been trying for the longest to connect to my Xbox but for some reason it's not connecting at all this is the first time I connect it 2216e447-255d-42aa-aaf6-2ec84f1798f2
  4. Xbox Series X hotspot connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X hotspot connection: I just bought my Xbox series X and have experienced my hotspot disconnected randomly when it has 100% strong connection. Using my hotspot is the only way I can game because of where I live. Is...
  5. X box series X/S connected with phone hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series X/S connected with phone hotspot: Hi everybody, I want to know if there's somebody who connect a new x box series x or s to internet with phone hotspot, on internet there are a lot of old threads talking about issues, all i want...
  6. How to connect my xbox one s to my android mobile hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect my xbox one s to my android mobile hotspot: Hello, first off I appreciate anyone taking the time to help me out! We lost internet due storms and are currently waiting for the repairmen to come out. In the meantime is there anyway I can...
  7. Xbox one won’t connect to iPhone hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won’t connect to iPhone hotspot: I found alot of people having the same issue but there were no real amswers how to solve the issue. On your xbox first, go to settings - general - network settings - advanced settings - alternate...
  8. Series X Won't Connect to WiFi/Hotspots

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Won't Connect to WiFi/Hotspots: I've tried multiple hot spots and different wifi's and my series X will either not connect at all or connect then not allow me to connect to Xbox Live. My original Xbox One has no problems...
  9. Xbox Series X Takes 45 Seconds to 1:10 to Connect to Mobile Hotspot

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Takes 45 Seconds to 1:10 to Connect to Mobile Hotspot: I timed it several times. It takes 45 seconds to connect to the hotspot and 1:10 to reflect said connection on the Xbox series X home screen. It also crippled my download speed to the point where...
  10. Xbox Series X not connecting properly to Boost Mobile Hotspot

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox Series X not connecting properly to Boost Mobile Hotspot: Xbox Series X not connecting properly to Boost Mobile Hotspot My Xbox Series X isnt connecting to my boost mobile portable hotspot. It keeps kicking me offline and telling me i have a double nat....