XBox Insider - Windows 10 - Game Bar - Massive Disk Consumption In Traces

Discus and support XBox Insider - Windows 10 - Game Bar - Massive Disk Consumption In Traces in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I can running Xbox insider on PC and am running the game bar. Earlier today I noted I ran out of disk space on my primary SSD. Thinking it was general... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/obble80, Dec 6, 2019.

1. /u/obble80
    /u/obble80 Guest

I can running Xbox insider on PC and am running the game bar. Earlier today I noted I ran out of disk space on my primary SSD.

Thinking it was general temp files and other rubbish I did a clean of my FS and freed around 70+gb of space. I then watched a movie (2hrs in length) when my apps starting crashing again.

I had run out space again, after examining the file system I found this file:

C:\Users\<Redacted>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\XboxGamingOverlayTraces_FT_Server_20191130021235.txt

With size of 115gb, (64gb on disk)

I then tracked this down to Gamebar, and as soon as I terminated that process the file size stopped increasing.

I have moved the file to larger storage and should eventually be able to provide a .zip of it to any MSFT staff or can upload it to MSFT.

submitted by /u/obble80
    [link] [comments]

/u/obble80, Dec 6, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox Game Bar - windows 10

Hi there Mat,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an inquiry on the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10. The game bar will only capture game clips and screenshots. For more information on the Xbox Game Bar, I recommend to check out the following
    article:
    Use Xbox Game Bar to capture game clips and screenshots on Windows 10

Hope this helps.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Game Recording Bar position adjusting problem.

Hi there!

Thank you for coming to the forums. I'd be happy to try and help.

Does it not allow you to drag it from the top banner of the game bar? Pressing the Windows Key + G will bring up the Game Bar so believe pressing it again should hide the game bar.

Take a look at these support articles for plenty of information regarding the game bar on Window 10 and hopefully there is something there that can help you:

I hope this helps!
  4. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

GAME MODE

Are you referring to Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10? If so,
    look here.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

La opción de retransmición de la gamebar de windows 10 no funciona [Translation - The Retransmición option for Windows Gamebar 10 does not work]

6. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Win + G and win + ALT + R for game captures are not working in some games?

Hello!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The Windows logo key + G on a Windows 10 PC will open the game bar. Is the game bar not showing up on the screen when those buttons are pressed? The article entitled

Use Game Bar to Record Game Clips on Windows 10
    will explain more about using the game bar. We recommend reviewing the article entitled

Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10
    if the game bar does not appear when the command is entered. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. XBox Insider - Windows 10 - Game Bar - Massive Disk Consumption In Traces - Similar Threads - Insider Windows Game

2. Anyone know if or when the Project xCloud insider beta will come to Windows 10?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone know if or when the Project xCloud insider beta will come to Windows 10?: I'm really surprised the beta is android only. I got accepted, but I can't use it because the only android I have is a chromebook, which doesn't launch games for some reason (always restarts the...
  3. Xbox insider stacking with Windows insider?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox insider stacking with Windows insider?: New here, installed the insider app today and my member time appears to be 1 year and 9 months. Could it have stacked with my Windows insider member time? submitted by /u/SwadianFootman [link]...
  4. Xbox Insider App in WIndows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Insider App in WIndows 10: Hi Xbox team!!! I'm here because i have a problem I have already have installed the Xbox Insider App for Windows 10 But I cant login WHen I click Login Apears HTTP. HttpCode: Unauthorized...
  5. Can the Xbox Insider Hub app be updated to be more in parity with the Windows equivalent...

in XboX Insiders
    Can the Xbox Insider Hub app be updated to be more in parity with the Windows equivalent...: The Feedback Hub on Windows 10 is so much more robust than the Xbox Insider Hub. While it allows users to submit feedback, it also gives users the ability to upvote issues, provide commentary, see...
  6. Windows Insider Compilation Problem (Green Error Screen) while playing Football Manager...

in XboX Insiders
    Windows Insider Compilation Problem (Green Error Screen) while playing Football Manager...: It happened twice so far, One at launching the game for first time, and the second during the first minutes of "gameplay". I mostly understand why is happening and how to address it from my...
  7. Xbox (Beta) App problems with Windows Insider

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox (Beta) App problems with Windows Insider: Hello together With the newest Windows Insider Build, no links in the Xbox (Beta) app are function. Every time you click some link it will display this: [img] Any ideas to solfe this error?...
  8. Problema - Beta Insider Minecraft Windows 10 [Problem - Beta Insider Minecraft Windows 10]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problema - Beta Insider Minecraft Windows 10 [Problem - Beta Insider Minecraft Windows 10]: Hola que tal, tengo un problema con la version insider de Minecraft en Windows 10, entre para probrar las nuevas caracteristicas pero ahora ya no puedo salir, ya que salgo del grupo de insider de...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Edición locks my PC when I login to my XBOX Account inside the game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edición locks my PC when I login to my XBOX Account inside the game.: When I login my account to Minecraft Windows 10 [ONLY WHEN I LOGIN] the game gets slow and it lock my PC, so I have to reboot it. I have already reinstalled the game and once it worked, but now...
  10. Not able to log into Xbox inside any game on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to log into Xbox inside any game on Windows 10: Hello, as stated in the subject I'm not seen to be able to log into the social platform of Xbox in any of the games I have (Asphalt 8, Dungeon Hunter 5 to mention a few). Do I need to own an Xbox...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xboxgamingoverlaytraces_ft_server file