XBox Insider - Windows 10 - Game Bar - Massive Disk Consumption In Traces

Discus and support XBox Insider - Windows 10 - Game Bar - Massive Disk Consumption In Traces in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I can running Xbox insider on PC and am running the game bar. Earlier today I noted I ran out of disk space on my primary SSD. Thinking it was general... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/obble80, Dec 6, 2019.

1. /u/obble80
    /u/obble80 Guest

I can running Xbox insider on PC and am running the game bar. Earlier today I noted I ran out of disk space on my primary SSD.

Thinking it was general temp files and other rubbish I did a clean of my FS and freed around 70+gb of space. I then watched a movie (2hrs in length) when my apps starting crashing again.

I had run out space again, after examining the file system I found this file:

C:\Users\<Redacted>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\XboxGamingOverlayTraces_FT_Server_20191130021235.txt

With size of 115gb, (64gb on disk)

I then tracked this down to Gamebar, and as soon as I terminated that process the file size stopped increasing.

I have moved the file to larger storage and should eventually be able to provide a .zip of it to any MSFT staff or can upload it to MSFT.

submitted by /u/obble80
    [link] [comments]

/u/obble80, Dec 6, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox Game Bar - windows 10

Hi there Mat,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an inquiry on the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10. The game bar will only capture game clips and screenshots. For more information on the Xbox Game Bar, I recommend to check out the following
    article:
    Use Xbox Game Bar to capture game clips and screenshots on Windows 10

Hope this helps.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Game Recording Bar position adjusting problem.

Hi there!

Thank you for coming to the forums. I'd be happy to try and help.

Does it not allow you to drag it from the top banner of the game bar? Pressing the Windows Key + G will bring up the Game Bar so believe pressing it again should hide the game bar.

Take a look at these support articles for plenty of information regarding the game bar on Window 10 and hopefully there is something there that can help you:

I hope this helps!
  4. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

GAME MODE

Are you referring to Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10? If so,
    look here.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

La opción de retransmición de la gamebar de windows 10 no funciona [Translation - The Retransmición option for Windows Gamebar 10 does not work]

6. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Win + G and win + ALT + R for game captures are not working in some games?

Hello!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The Windows logo key + G on a Windows 10 PC will open the game bar. Is the game bar not showing up on the screen when those buttons are pressed? The article entitled

Use Game Bar to Record Game Clips on Windows 10
    will explain more about using the game bar. We recommend reviewing the article entitled

Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10
    if the game bar does not appear when the command is entered. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. XBox Insider - Windows 10 - Game Bar - Massive Disk Consumption In Traces - Similar Threads - Insider Windows Game

2. It's been 1 year since I got my XoX and joined the Insider program (already a Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    It's been 1 year since I got my XoX and joined the Insider program (already a Windows...: [IMG] submitted by /u/rdrtnk [link] [comments]
  3. Cannot log in to the Insider Hub on windows 10, getting access is denied error. I have...

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot log in to the Insider Hub on windows 10, getting access is denied error. I have...: The newest version of Windows 10. It was working a few months ago for the Minecraft RTX beta. But it has suddenly stopped letting me past the "sign in" splash screen. Any help would be greatly...
  4. Is there a way to leave minecraft beta without xbox insider on windows 10

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to leave minecraft beta without xbox insider on windows 10: Is there a way to leave minecraft beta without xbox insider on windows 10 edition? I can't download xbox insider hub because my windows is outdated and I dont want to update it. submitted by...
  5. I'm getting an error when trying to sign in to the Xbox Insider Hub App (Windows 10)

in XboX Insiders
    I'm getting an error when trying to sign in to the Xbox Insider Hub App (Windows 10): [IMG] I'm trying to join the Minecraft bet, but I can't sign in to the Xbox insider hub. I've attached an image demonstrating what happens when I hit sign in. I have joined the beta before but...
  6. State of Decay Windows 10 Insider

in XboX Insiders
    State of Decay Windows 10 Insider: Does anyone know what happened to this game. I remember ages ago testing it. Then after reformatting my PC could never find it again. Will they add it to the windows 10 store or is it gone...
  7. Xbox Insider should have a system backup/restore feature, just like Windows, to make things...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider should have a system backup/restore feature, just like Windows, to make things...: Yeah, we know most problems are caused by hardware issues, but at the same time we read more and more reports of people being able to revert OS malfunction, being stuck in recovery screen, using...
  8. Halo MCC Insider: Change default account email on Windows 10?

in XboX Insiders
    Halo MCC Insider: Change default account email on Windows 10?: My Microsfot/Xbox account is from an old email I made 10 years ago. Now I always use my Gmail account. I now setup all of my devices to use my Gmail account. For some reason on some services, I...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Edición locks my PC when I login to my XBOX Account inside the game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edición locks my PC when I login to my XBOX Account inside the game.: When I login my account to Minecraft Windows 10 [ONLY WHEN I LOGIN] the game gets slow and it lock my PC, so I have to reboot it. I have already reinstalled the game and once it worked, but now...
  10. Not able to log into Xbox inside any game on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to log into Xbox inside any game on Windows 10: Hello, as stated in the subject I'm not seen to be able to log into the social platform of Xbox in any of the games I have (Asphalt 8, Dungeon Hunter 5 to mention a few). Do I need to own an Xbox...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xboxgamingoverlaytraces_ft_server file