Xbox iOS app party chat not working on WiFi but works on 4g

Discus and support Xbox iOS app party chat not working on WiFi but works on 4g in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; My sons xbox app on iphone and on ipad stopped working a couple of months back. The app loads fine but when he tries to join any voice chat the app... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by SnakyJarl78321, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Xbox iOS app party chat not working on WiFi but works on 4g

My sons xbox app on iphone and on ipad stopped working a couple of months back. The app loads fine but when he tries to join any voice chat the app says “something went wrong” and crashes.

interestingly ive discovered that when i turn wifi off on the phone and use 4g it works fine.

I have looked at the router settings and dont see anything obvious (upnp turned on etc.)

app is running the latest version (which in the last update said something about fixing chat issues) and ios 13

advice appreciated.

:)

SnakyJarl78321, Jan 12, 2020
  2. ItzAprilLol Win User

Hello! So sorry you are having issues with the app. Try connecting the app to your console and if that dont work, go to settings, preferences and xbox app. Make sure everything is ok there.
  3. SnakyJarl78321 Win User

Thanks for replying. Yes i have tried that a few times and with a different xbox account also to check settings. The only difference is it works on 4g but not wifi.
  4. SnakyJarl78321 Win User

my home wifi is only through a 4g box as i dont have a high speed line. The router has been working for chat for over a year with no issues and then just stopped working for chat. Everything else on the router works fine (netflix and other services etc.
    ). Ive reset it but that doesnt fix the issue.

is there something around other router settings that i could play with. Port forwarding etc?
  5. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Hi,

have you tried to delete and reinstall the app to see if that fixes the issue
  6. SnakyJarl78321 Win User

Thanks. Chat direct through the console works fine on wifi, (when plugging a headset into the controller), its just through the IOS app that doesnt work.
Thema:

1. Xbox iOS app party chat not working on WiFi but works on 4g - Similar Threads - iOS app party

2. Xbox app (IOS) crashes

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app (IOS) crashes: Everytime i use the xbox app on mt iphone XS it crashes after at most 2 minutes of use. It dont matter what im doing on the app it just randomly crashes. 1788721a-330b-4112-bef9-96b56b7e76d3
  3. Do you think the Xbox Apps logo on Android, iOS and Windows 10 need to fit Fluent Design...

in XboX Insiders
    Do you think the Xbox Apps logo on Android, iOS and Windows 10 need to fit Fluent Design...: Currently they are the only logos that have almost not varied Aesthetically using Fluent Design as if other logos have done. What do you think? Thank you all and a greeting. View Poll submitted...
  4. Xbox App Frequently Crashing on Mobile (iOS)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App Frequently Crashing on Mobile (iOS): frequently when using the xbox app on mobile, it crashes, and i am forced to relaunch the app. as far as i know the app, as well as my phone are up to date. is this a known issue and are there any...
  5. Anyone else not able to sign into the game streaming iOS app for xcloud?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else not able to sign into the game streaming iOS app for xcloud?: Can’t seem to log in it just gives me a error. submitted by /u/Soundwarp [link] [comments]
  6. Club Invitation Requests Not Loading On Xbox IOS App.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Club Invitation Requests Not Loading On Xbox IOS App.: Hi, so recently I have created a public club, and when people join they join as Followers. I DO NOT have an Xbox Console, and am wondering how to accept the Followers as Members. When I try to...
  7. Game pass app on ios

in XBoX on Mobile
    Game pass app on ios: When I click on manage console I can only see one of the consoles on my account but the one I want to be able to uninstall or check if a game is installed on it if I’m not near my console isn’t...
  8. iOS Xbox app party chat not connecting error

in XBoX on Mobile
    iOS Xbox app party chat not connecting error: I have been getting this error about error connecting to voice chat. Any suggestions? 64ff83c0-849f-49ee-af4c-628bd661b571
  9. Xbox app crashing while trying to join a party (iOS)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app crashing while trying to join a party (iOS): Ok, so when my friend invites me to a party the xbox app instantly crashes and sends me back to my phone’s home screen. This happens even without accepting the invite it just kicks me out of the...
  10. Error 100 from joining group post party on the Xbox app. IOS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 100 from joining group post party on the Xbox app. IOS: I try to join a party from “looking for group” post and when I try to join the party invite I get “error 100” 0f3f72c3-21af-45d2-84e7-114bccb6c714