XBOX iOS Game Pass App for Child Account

Discus and support XBOX iOS Game Pass App for Child Account in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I hold our XBOX Ultimate Game Pass Subscription in my user name account. My XBOX is home XBOX. My son has an account on that XBOX. My son just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Psoto, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Psoto
    Psoto Guest

I hold our XBOX Ultimate Game Pass Subscription in my user name account.

My XBOX is home XBOX.

My son has an account on that XBOX.

My son just downloaded the XBOX ioS Game Pass App on his iPad.

He is logged into the App via his microsoft login credentials and the app recognizes his XBOX user accoubt.

That said, my son is unable to install any Game Pass games (or remove them).

Why is that? It seems only I can via the Game Pass iOs App installed on my iPhone under my microsoft account user credentials.

Appreciate any help here. Thanks.

:)

Psoto, Jul 30, 2020
  2. PaganSmurf Win User

Child's gamertag missing from parents Privacy & online safety settings

We are having the same issues where the child account cannot join realms on an iOS device but if we log that account into a PC it IS able to join the realm

On iOS its giving the account cannot join multiplayer games message
  3. ContraryRhombus Win User

Xbox App and Game pass Apps - iOS

Hello Gupx,

I'm afraid that this just looks like the app design at the moment. It would be worth putting this down at the

request a feature
    to let them know.

I would find it very frustrating having to keep changing the rotation of my device because of the app design. Hopefully they will allow auto rotate on the apps soon for your sanity!
  4. Shadowskill08 Win User

Xbox App and Game pass Apps - iOS

There is a setting on phones to turn off the rotate function. Have you tried turning off rotate to see if that helps?
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Why was the Microsoft Rewards quests changed on Xbox?

I just verified via the Game Pass app on Android. It does NOT include the Metro series quests via that app, so will not be required to complete Game Pass quest master quest.

Sometimes they add promotional reward quests, and the Rewards dashboard lumps all the quests together, and doesn't seperate the Game Pass specifics. You shouldn't need to purchase that game to complete the Game Pass quests. You can check your progress
    with the Game Pass app available on iOS or Android.
  6. AlainO'Dea Win User

Child's gamertag missing from parents Privacy & online safety settings

tl; dr

Do NOT create Xbox live accounts for children from an iOS device. It will in sadness and wasted time.

Create the accounts for your kids from a desktop or Xbox instead.

The Long Version

Had great help from Amber A. on Xbox live chat support today. Thank you, Amber.

It appears that Xbox accounts created for children from iOS don't get created properly. They don't prompt for terms and conditions and they don't prompt for a parent to authorize the account. As a result they are left in limbo and cannot add friends.

The child account created on iOS appears to be unfixable so you may need to get an alternative email for them or create a new live.com account. This is unfortunate, but appears to be unavoidable.

The solution to this is to create a new Microsoft account for your child from signup.live.com from a desktop computer or an Xbox. You will be prompted to accept terms and conditions and also be prompted for the parent account email to authorize use as an
    Xbox account for a child.

After these steps are completed the new child account's gamertag will appear under Privacy & online settings in the parent's Xbox settings page.
Thema:

1. XBOX iOS Game Pass App for Child Account - Similar Threads - iOS Game Pass

2. Xbox Game Pass streaming won't be coming to iOS this September

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Game Pass streaming won't be coming to iOS this September: For those wondering why Xbox Game Pass streaming won't be coming to iOS this September. "Apple outlines this in an App Store rule that says “games offered in a game subscription must be owned or...
  3. Epic Games Log In From iOS device

in XBoX on Mobile
    Epic Games Log In From iOS device: My friend and I share fortnite accounts from two different devices he’s on xbox i’m on iphone and we never had an issues for an entire year. Now im getting this message i’m nit sure what to do....
  4. Game Pass Beta App iOS: Extra Xboxs

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass Beta App iOS: Extra Xboxs: My Microsoft Account has 3 Xboxs associated with it (mine, my girlfriends, and my friends), when I nthe new version of the Game Pass App beta there is a forth Xbox listed for remote install and I...
  5. Game pass app on ios

in XBoX on Mobile
    Game pass app on ios: When I click on manage console I can only see one of the consoles on my account but the one I want to be able to uninstall or check if a game is installed on it if I’m not near my console isn’t...
  6. Connexion impossible Xbox game Pass sur iOS[Translation-Impossible Xbox game Pass...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Connexion impossible Xbox game Pass sur iOS[Translation-Impossible Xbox game Pass...: Bonjour toutes et tous. Depuis quelques temps jai un probleme, je nárrive pas me connecter sur mon profil Xbox Game Pass. Je possède pourtant un iPhone avec la bonne version de l'iOs pour pouvoir...
  7. Game pass beta on iOS TestFlight has disappeared?!

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass beta on iOS TestFlight has disappeared?!: Hope this is the right flair to use... Been using the game pass iOS TestFlight for long time. Tried to open today and it just wouldn’t load. Opened TestFlight. Game pass is not on the list of...
  8. [Help] Xbox Game pass IOS app wont recognize my Xbox game pass on pc. I want to do quest...

in XboX Insiders
    [Help] Xbox Game pass IOS app wont recognize my Xbox game pass on pc. I want to do quest...: I would like to do the game pass quests and track it on my phone but it doesn’t even say that I even own games pass on that account. Even though I’ve been playing on it for 2 weeks on that...
  9. Game Pass app for iOS crashes when selecting default console

in XBoX on Mobile
    Game Pass app for iOS crashes when selecting default console: Using the current version of the app (released early June 2019), on an iPhone 8 with iOS 12, the app instantly quits when i tap on my console in settings to make it the default. I also tried this...
  10. Xbox App and Game pass Apps - iOS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App and Game pass Apps - iOS: Hello there, I have a small gripe in that the iOS Xbox companion app runs in landscape mode and the Game pass app runs in Portrait mode! This is fine however when you go to the Game pass app...