Xbox is acting like I'm pressing buttons even when none of my controllers are on

Discus and support Xbox is acting like I'm pressing buttons even when none of my controllers are on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This just started happening after the recent update to the system. In games or apps it thinks I'm pressing a button even when my controllers are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Classy Cadaver, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Xbox is acting like I'm pressing buttons even when none of my controllers are on

This just started happening after the recent update to the system. In games or apps it thinks I'm pressing a button even when my controllers are disconnected. In the home menu the A button stops working periodically as well. Anyone know how to fix this
    because this is making it impossible to play

:)

Classy Cadaver, Oct 17, 2020
  2. DGrass639 Win User

No sound through headset?

Thanks Zappateer for your tips!

Like I said before, I had this problem, and while troubleshooting, somehow both my controllers stopped working too. (When I would turn them on, the light would blink like it's trying to connect, then it would go solid as if it had successfully connected,
    but then none of the buttons would actually do anything.)

When I was trying to get my controllers to work again, I tried turning the Xbox off and back on by pressing the button on the front of the Xbox. A friend of mine pointed out that if you press and hold the button for 5 seconds, it really turns it off, if
    you just press and let go, it basically just puts it to sleep. The 5 second hold got my controllers working again, I'm hoping it fixed the headset too, although I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
  3. Lofty Who Win User

controller not turning on xbox one

When you press the button on the controller, how long have you waited before turning the console on by the button on front?

I ask because this has happened to me in the past, press button on controller and nothing, had to press button on console. Next time it happened I just waited and the console came on after about 45 seconds.

Even though like you my controller was synched, I re-synced it and it's been fine since.
  4. Atomic_Dog Win User

Issues binding my controller with the headset plugged in

This. I have the same exact problem. Xbox one controller will not turn on the xbox with the headphones plugged in. It will not be recognized by the xbox at all, even if powered up and the xb button is pressed.

With headphones removed the controller acts normally and will turn the system on.

I hope somebody has an answer as to if I have a defective controller or headphone.
  5. arbyksv Win User

Xbox One controller turn off when I press the bluetooth button (PC and Steam Link)

Yes, I'm trying to connect my controller via Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC (It worked before yesterday). When I connect my controller via USB Cable it works fine.

The XBox Button flashing slowly when it's turn on. When I press the sync button to connect via Bluetooth, the XBox Button flashes for 1 second and the controller turn off.
  6. Juice613 Win User

Problem with syncing

Everything is up to date, controller and console. The sync button on my Xbox one doesn't seem to do anything when I press it & I can't play unless my controller is plugged in, even when its plugged in it wont even vibrate.
Thema:

Xbox is acting like I'm pressing buttons even when none of my controllers are on

1. Xbox is acting like I'm pressing buttons even when none of my controllers are on - Similar Threads - acting I'm pressing

2. Not sure how long it has been like this but I noticed it, and now my OCD is acting up.

in XboX Insiders
    Not sure how long it has been like this but I noticed it, and now my OCD is acting up.: [IMG] submitted by /u/ImBigFridge [link] [comments]
  3. My xbox one started to act extremely slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one started to act extremely slow: There is no dust on the vents and I've done everything I've sceen on the internet to reset the issue but my apps and games take forever to load and videos sometimes only play audio and no visual....
  4. Xbox One acting very weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One acting very weird: Just yesterday i logged on to my xbox and saw that i wasnt connected to xbox live, so i tested the network and it was fine. I went on to play my game offline. A half hour later it signs me out of...
  5. Xbox acting weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox acting weird: Xbox problems: does anyone know why this happens? It’ll be running fine but then will freeze like this, and then when I hard reset it it will take like 3 hours to get the green boot screen....
  6. Xbox acting stubborne

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox acting stubborne: Hi I have a disc installation issue with my disc of wwe2k17 where it reads the disc,says installing but then stops and then get 2 different things 1 is the error 0x802705254 and another is...
  7. Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller acting weird when used wireless on PC: Hey everyone, This issue started recently but I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it. My Xbox One controller (bought earlier this year) had been working fine while connected via USB or...
  8. Right stick acting weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right stick acting weird: So,this happens in any game regardless of deadzone. (This is a relatively new controller and happened as soon as i bought it and used it for the first time). So when i look to the left in an fps...
  9. Another two acts and I'm done with the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Another two acts and I'm done with the game...: Am I the only one who thinks that the storyline of this game is something that would make an excellent movie? fa8f42a0-ba22-4c3e-b871-fc110810a398
  10. booted xbox one, no pins, acts like I'm not signed in

in XBoX on Consoles
    booted xbox one, no pins, acts like I'm not signed in: so, I booted my xbox one up today and came back after dunking my head in the sink(its 80 degrees out and I was working) and found..no pins, no advertisements on the right hand side. my first...