Xbox is only capturing 6 seconds of clips

Discus and support Xbox is only capturing 6 seconds of clips in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This has occurred several times before but I’ve never figured out why it happens. Sometimes what should be a 30 second capture turns into a 6 second... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Aviddly, Sep 15, 2019.

1. /u/Aviddly
    /u/Aviddly Guest

This has occurred several times before but I’ve never figured out why it happens. Sometimes what should be a 30 second capture turns into a 6 second clips with no sound.

Anyone ever have this issue before?

submitted by /u/Aviddly
    [link] [comments]

/u/Aviddly, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Feth l Charl Win User

Xbox Captures

When I go on recent captures, it shows the clip on uploaded to Xbox live but not showing as being on my console. I only have 6 captures on my Xbox which are now all screenshots.
  3. cjames311 Win User

Offline Captures ALL Gone

Hi Ezra,

I only noticed the captures had deleted yesterday, but I have not been online much so it could have happened over the last 2-3 weeks.

I have tried the following.

1. Hard Reset - > no clips in " on this Xbox "
    2. Hard Reset & Disconnecting power for 10 seconds - > no clips in " on this Xbox "
    3. When Capturing a new clip/screenshot that appears in on this Xbox
    Xbox Live Storage is at 97% but i have never had any issues with captures storage local on the xbox.

I use One Drive when I need to free space on xbox live, Last upload to One Drive was 2nd September 2019 but that was only one clip

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Chris
  4. EmberWishes Win User

Recording gameplay through steaming without a capture card?

Thanks for the reply, but I thought Upload and Game DVR captured 30 second clips only? I want to record 15+ mins of gameplay to upload.
  5. CHIEF FIREBIRD Win User

DVR record that failing more than 70% of the time, is this a known issue?

Same problem here. I play battlefield 4, and almost ALL my battlefield moments I attempted to capture didn't work. and when it does capture, it's usually only a 1 second clip.

If the DVR system is failing due to network issues, then the Xbox One should offer the option to save the clips locally on the harddrive. Not everyone has top of the line high speed available to them.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox Captures not recording the entire duration preferred

Hi DLRS Fluxify,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with capturing game clips with the Xbox One, where your console only records only the last 6-16 seconds of gameplay. You may want to attempt a

Power-Cycle
    on your Xbox One console as a preliminary troubleshooting step.

Please let us know how this goes.
Thema:

1. Xbox is only capturing 6 seconds of clips - Similar Threads - capturing seconds clips

2. clips not capturing on Modern Warfare

in XBoX on Consoles
    clips not capturing on Modern Warfare: Whenever I hit a clip on Modern Warfare I press "record that" and then 15-30 seconds later it will pop up and say, "game clip recorded," so I hold the home button to open it up and I get the...
  3. no sound in XBOX video captures on PC or laptop windows 10 (up to date)

in XBoX on Consoles
    no sound in XBOX video captures on PC or laptop windows 10 (up to date): never used to be a problem until a few months ago - thought it was a problem with windows 10 updates but still cannot hear sound - video is fine. I use it for recording golf video (a lot of them...
  4. 4K Capture More than 2 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K Capture More than 2 minutes: Currently I am only seeing 1080p SDR with a max of 2 minutes of capture in settings of a Xbox One S Am I able to capture in 4K? What particular am I missing? 4K Capture More than 2 minutes is...
  5. Game Bar captures folder missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar captures folder missing: So I want to record games with the game bar, but I dont want it to capture to my OS drive. I know how to change the location of the captures folder and all that, but the problem is there is no,...
  6. Halo Reach can't enable capture last 30 seconds!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo Reach can't enable capture last 30 seconds!!: So normally when you first use the capture last 30 seconds on a game/app you have to enable it, but for some reason i can't enable it for Halo Reach. It has happen on different games and I'm...
  7. Captures stuck on a single frame?

in XBoX on Windows
    Captures stuck on a single frame?: A went to look at a few clips I took a few weeks ago and they will play, but its a freeze frame and the audio plays like normal. I checked my capture settings, they look fine. One of the clips...
  8. Xbox Captures Failing To Upload Onto OneDrive

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Captures Failing To Upload Onto OneDrive: My issue is that my fortnite game screenshots won't upload to one drive properly, like it fails to upload. What can I do? I don't have a USB or any of that stuff. Can anyone help?...
  9. Xbox Video Captures 3-6 seconds long

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Video Captures 3-6 seconds long: Recently when attempting to record video clips on Xbox through the capture section it has only been recording in 3-6 second intervals. Before some xbox support agent come on and says, did you try...
  10. 5 second captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    5 second captures: Hi all, I'm having an issue where my video captures are being limited to 5 seconds. I have it set to 1 minute clips, I have followed advice and reset my console which solved the problem for 1...