Xbox is shutting itself off randomly

Discus and support Xbox is shutting itself off randomly in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Alpha skip ahead: at random times my Xbox will shut itself off with no warning. When I go to turn the Xbox on, it will instantly turn off. I already... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Midice, Aug 26, 2019.

1. /u/Midice
    /u/Midice Guest

Alpha skip ahead: at random times my Xbox will shut itself off with no warning. When I go to turn the Xbox on, it will instantly turn off. I already factory resetted and re-downloaded the update but I'm still having the issue. Might be a bug within the recent software update.

Anyone else having this issue?

submitted by /u/Midice
    [link] [comments]

/u/Midice, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Deadly Ackbar Win User

XBOX ONE powers off unexpectedly

If the console is powering itself off randomly, one issue it could be having is with heating. If it over-heats it will shut itself off as a fail safe so your new system doesn't cook and brick.
  3. Neverdweller Win User

Xbox One X Slowdown, glitches, freezing.

my xbox never randomly shut off. :)
  4. SK8RNICK06 Win User

Xbox shuts off by itself.

Have you noticed that your xbox has been getting unusually hot? Is it the older model or the new slim? Do you have it in a closed space were its not getting good air flow or around other electronic that are on and producing alot of heat?... You might try
    putting it in a well ventilated spot and see if that helps
  5. pnsfneo Win User

Xbox shut itself off??

The power button on the 360 could be stuck. You could try to take the faceplate off and snap it back in place. Or you can try to power it on and off threw your 360 controller. Sorry I can't give any more help but I hope that works !!
  6. OpT1Mu5Pr1Me69 Win User

Xbox shuts off by itself.

Now my system turns back on by itself after it turns off (it also turns back on by itself when I turn it off manually). Any idea what may be wrong with it? Hopefully this new turn of events helps narrow down the true cause of the problems.
Thema:

1. Xbox is shutting itself off randomly - Similar Threads - shutting itself off

2. [Alpha Ring] Console shut itself off, could not turn on with console.

in XboX Insiders
    [Alpha Ring] Console shut itself off, could not turn on with console.: I was watching a Dreamhack stream on the Twitch app, left it running full-screen and my controller turned off. After about an hour, the console shut down on its own. After this, I could not start...
  3. Xbox one geht immer wieder von alleine aus/ Xbox one randomly shuts off by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one geht immer wieder von alleine aus/ Xbox one randomly shuts off by itself: Die Xbox one geht nach ca. 5 Minuten von selber aus und kann nur dann wieder gestartet werden, wenn das Netzteil zurückgesetzt wurde. Was kann ich machen? The Xbox one shuts off by itself after...
  4. Xbox 1 X shut off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 X shut off by itself.: I've seen a few things in the forum, but not my exact problem. Console is not plugged into surge protector , still shut off while watching YouTube. [Mod removed- profanity]...
  5. Xbox one shutting off by itself and quick access menu popping up on its own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one shutting off by itself and quick access menu popping up on its own: for a while now whenever my Xbox one s is plugged into the internet it occasionally shuts off without warning. The quick access menu also pops up randomly and rapidly over and over. Is there...
  6. Xbox one shutting off by itself and quick access menu popping up on its own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one shutting off by itself and quick access menu popping up on its own: for a while now whenever my Xbox one s is plugged into the internet it occasionally shuts off without warning. The quick access menu also pops up randomly and rapidly over and over. Is there...
  7. Xbox One shuts off by itself in the middle of a game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One shuts off by itself in the middle of a game.: My Xbox One is shutting off when I am in the middle of a game. I can watch Netflix and YouTube for as long as I want but when I start playing a game,, disc or digital, it turns off 10-15 minutes...
  8. Xbox 360 shuts off and powers on by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 shuts off and powers on by itself: My Xbox 360 is turning on and off by itself. The auto shutdown setting is disabled, and it is not overheating because it shuts off about 3 minutes or less after turning on. I thought it may be the...
  9. Xbox one shutting itself off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one shutting itself off: My son's xbox one will turn on, but before he can actually play, it shuts off. Not overheating. Can you please tell me what's wrong with this thing? It's only about 8 months old. His 360,...
  10. Xbox shuts itself off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shuts itself off: Okay, I have seen a few threads like this one, but none of them are quite like my situation Here's the details: - Xbox will randomly shut itself off while playing a game. Usually 10-20 minutes...