Xbox is shutting itself off randomly

Discus and support Xbox is shutting itself off randomly in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Alpha skip ahead: at random times my Xbox will shut itself off with no warning. When I go to turn the Xbox on, it will instantly turn off. I already... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Midice, Aug 26, 2019.

1. /u/Midice
    /u/Midice Guest

Alpha skip ahead: at random times my Xbox will shut itself off with no warning. When I go to turn the Xbox on, it will instantly turn off. I already factory resetted and re-downloaded the update but I'm still having the issue. Might be a bug within the recent software update.

Anyone else having this issue?

submitted by /u/Midice
    [link] [comments]

/u/Midice, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Deadly Ackbar Win User

XBOX ONE powers off unexpectedly

If the console is powering itself off randomly, one issue it could be having is with heating. If it over-heats it will shut itself off as a fail safe so your new system doesn't cook and brick.
  3. CryingHero Win User

Xbox randomly shuts itself off why

Hey there :) did you try a soft reset of the console?? Just to clean the cache...
    What's a soft reset?

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console
  4. FabryZio3 Win User

Hey there :) did you try a soft reset of the console?? Just to clean the cache...
  5. waddyathotmail Win User

What's a soft reset?
  6. waddyathotmail Win User

Do you get any error message prior to it shutting off?

Things to check would be making sure all the fan ports are clear and the console has room to "breath".

Do a power cycle https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

Are you part of the Xbox Insider program?

If so, feedback that you are having this issue and then move yourself to another ring and make sure to power cycle and get the previous version.
    No the dang thing just shuts itself off with out me doing anything and it just did it to me again for the third time right in the middle of a stream
Thema:

1. Xbox is shutting itself off randomly - Similar Threads - shutting itself off

2. My Xbox 1 is shutting off by itself when I play games but if I watch Netflix it'll play for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 1 is shutting off by itself when I play games but if I watch Netflix it'll play for...: Xbox is shutting itself down 323484d1-a797-467c-8b5a-53e63dc32309
  3. Xbox shut itself down while turning off in Instant-On mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox shut itself down while turning off in Instant-On mode: So, I was going to bed and I turned off my Xbox (it is in Instant-On mode) and it was taking awhile to turn off the TV and to stop flashing the Xbox logo (power button). So, after about it...
  4. Xbox One X shutting itself off not even 2 years old, microsoft wants 250 to repair lol

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X shutting itself off not even 2 years old, microsoft wants 250 to repair lol: This is truly outrageous. My girlfriend purchased an Xbox One X for me in December of 2018. For the last month or two it has been consistently turning on and shutting off before i can even open an...
  5. One X (Scorpio Edition) is overheating/shutting itself off

in XBoX on Consoles
    One X (Scorpio Edition) is overheating/shutting itself off: Hey all. Earlier tonight my Xbox started shutting off while I was playing Fortnite. It wasn't having an issue lately with me playing more indie pixel-graphic games, and it still isn't. If I load...
  6. Xbox keeps shutting off by itself after turning it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps shutting off by itself after turning it on: Every time I turn on my Xbox and try to play a game it shuts off like every two minutes and when I turn it back on and says I have a sufficient ventilation problem andI’m scared to open the Xbox...
  7. Xbox randomly shuts itself off why

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox randomly shuts itself off why: Having trouble with my system ever since the update came out my system has been randomly shutting off even while streaming is this a known problem and the heck do I fix it...
  8. [Alpha Ring] Console shut itself off, could not turn on with console.

in XboX Insiders
    [Alpha Ring] Console shut itself off, could not turn on with console.: I was watching a Dreamhack stream on the Twitch app, left it running full-screen and my controller turned off. After about an hour, the console shut down on its own. After this, I could not start...
  9. Xbox one geht immer wieder von alleine aus/ Xbox one randomly shuts off by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one geht immer wieder von alleine aus/ Xbox one randomly shuts off by itself: Die Xbox one geht nach ca. 5 Minuten von selber aus und kann nur dann wieder gestartet werden, wenn das Netzteil zurückgesetzt wurde. Was kann ich machen? The Xbox one shuts off by itself after...
  10. Xbox 1 X shut off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 X shut off by itself.: I've seen a few things in the forum, but not my exact problem. Console is not plugged into surge protector , still shut off while watching YouTube. [Mod removed- profanity]...