Xbox is turning off my monitor when attempting to play new, downloaded games

Discus and support Xbox is turning off my monitor when attempting to play new, downloaded games in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This has only happened on the last two games I downloaded, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Forza 4. When I click on the game to play either of them, after a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SilverPurse, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Xbox is turning off my monitor when attempting to play new, downloaded games

This has only happened on the last two games I downloaded, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Forza 4.

When I click on the game to play either of them, after a few seconds of the first images showing my tv monitor just switches off. I turn it back on and I can briefly see the game is playing it’s into for a second of so before it again turns off.

All other disk and previously downloaded games are fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

submitted by /u/SilverPurse
    [link] [comments]

/u/SilverPurse, Sep 6, 2019
  2. IceStorm III Win User

Monitor Flickering

[quote user="PegasusStrike"]I've since purchased an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and my monitor stopped having the "flickering" issues when I turned my light or fan off when it's connected to my computer. When I use my Xbox, I plug it into my UPS,
    but the monitor still goes dark for 2-3 seconds when I turn my light off or my fan off.[/quote]Is your monitor plugged into a battery-backed UPS outlet or a surge suppressed UPS outlet? Is your UPS showing voltage fluctuations when you turn on/off the light
    and fan?

If the monitor is not on a battery-backed UPS outlet, try that first. You should also install whatever monitoring software your UPS came with and see what it's showing when you turn on/off the light and fan.
  3. Argontheos Win User

Connecting to an HDMI computer monitor w/ built-in speakers?

Yeah that's right. New monitors go on standby when whatever is plugged in is switched off and the monitor can't find anything to display. So when you turn on your 360 your monitor will fire up too - you won't even have to touch it. =)
  4. VindRaider Win User

Xbox One S: Sleep mode question

Hey Diego,

Thanks for your response. Here are the answers to your questions:

When you turn off your Xbox, are you turning off your monitor too or putting it in a Sleep mode?

Ans: Normally, to avoid the annoyance, I have to manually turn off the monitor. The monitor is supposed to go to sleep mode when inactive (without the need to turn off separately), but it would keep coming back on when the Xbox One S is turned off.

Do you have your Xbox plugged into a surge protector or power strip that is shared with your monitor?

Ans: Yes, everything is connected to a power strip.

Have you tested a night where your Xbox is not plugged into the monitor to see if the issue is re-created but with the Xbox unplugged?

Ans: Last night, I removed the HDMI input to the monitor from Xbox One S. This time, the monitor went to sleep after a while. So, it seems the problem indeed is with the console.

Warm regards,

5. JahmarBear Win User

0x800401fb

I restarted mine and for some reason my monitor didnt pick up my xbox so i turned it off and on and turned my xbox off after restarting it and it worked.
  6. AchyKibbles1366 Win User

Can't download - what's up?

I have (in the last 24 hours):

attempted download many times (made it to 33% once, only to stop again)

deleted each attempt from storage to start over,

deleted my profile, deleted the download attempt file, cleared cache on all 3 storage devices, turned the console off, hardwired it to the modem; then re-downloaded my profile and attempted the game download again - only to stop at 2%.

I am just about finished with it all.... Microsoft / Xbox - give me my GAME that I PAID for... or give me my MONEY back!
Thema:

Xbox is turning off my monitor when attempting to play new, downloaded games

1. Xbox is turning off my monitor when attempting to play new, downloaded games - Similar Threads - turning off monitor

2. How To Turn Off Auto-Sign In on Xbox if Signing Into Xbox Console Companion

in XBoX on Consoles
    How To Turn Off Auto-Sign In on Xbox if Signing Into Xbox Console Companion: I know someone that told me that if they sign out of their Xbox console then sign into their account on the Xbox Console Companion app on PC, they're getting auto-signed into the Xbox. May I ask...
  3. Problem with my Xbox one x turning off on its own while watching a movie on the free movies...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with my Xbox one x turning off on its own while watching a movie on the free movies...: I was just sitting here watching a movie useing the free movies 2019 apps and suddenly my console turned off on its own. this has never happened before when I have been watching a movie when...
  4. XBox One S connected to Yamaha RX-A1080 turns on Zone 2 on and off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S connected to Yamaha RX-A1080 turns on Zone 2 on and off.: In a previous post that is now locked, I'm having the same issue. I have my Xbox One S connected HDMI through my Yamaha receiver RX-A1080. Everytime I turn on my Xbox, it turns on my receiver...
  5. Xbox flashes on then turns off immediately

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox flashes on then turns off immediately: I turn on my Xbox one and it flashes white for a hot second then shuts off, It also has a orange light on the power brick. I haven't used the Xbox in over a month. So it cant be overheated but i...
  6. "Turn off Storage" meaning?

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Turn off Storage" meaning?: Hello once again. I have When the XB is offturn off storage" unchecked for background downloads but I'm unsure how it works. Doesn't it affect my game saves or game syncs? For example if I opened...
  7. Xbox one randomly turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one randomly turning off: I've recently been having an issue with my orginal xbox one. My xbox box one randomly shuts off and cant be turned on for a couple of minutes. The power adapter's LED's go out and unplugging...
  8. Monitor turns off while streaming a game! How to fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Monitor turns off while streaming a game! How to fix it?: My PC (with win 10 64 bit) and my monitor (Asus MX279H) work fine such much as the streaming service, till I play a game online. In that moment the video turns off authomatically every few...
  9. XBOX Live家长监护设置无法关闭[XBOX Live parental monitoring settings cannot be turned off]

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX Live家长监护设置无法关闭[XBOX Live parental monitoring settings cannot be turned off]: 注册帐号的时候设置的生日已经是成年人仍旧被列入了家长监护,去家庭页面看了只有我一个人,也 法修改任何权限 导致地平线4 法查到热门涂 [Translation - The birthday set when registering an account is already an adult still being listed as a parental guardian. I...
  10. Monitor turns on and off while console is off

in XBoX Accessibility
    Monitor turns on and off while console is off: Okay so no problems with my xbox one s, works fine but when I turn it off it causes my monitor to keep going in and out of sleep showing the blue screen. And Ive tried putting my console on power...