Xbox is unable to find external storage device while being on the newest alpha build.

Discus and support Xbox is unable to find external storage device while being on the newest alpha build. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello all, Usually I don't have any problems with the alpha build; until today. My WD 2TB hard drive is not being picked up by the xbox. I have tried... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/-Here_For_The_Laughs, May 13, 2020.

1. Xbox is unable to find external storage device while being on the newest alpha build.

Hello all,

Usually I don't have any problems with the alpha build; until today. My WD 2TB hard drive is not being picked up by the xbox. I have tried all usb ports and nothing. I even went reformatted the drive on a PC, reset my xbox, and still nothing usable.

After the reset and reformat, the xbox did see it and I was able to get to the reformat for xbox screen. I confirmed everything but nothing happened. I rebooted the xbox and tried all usb ports again with no luck. Everytime I would plug the hdd in I would get to the reformat for xbox and nothing would actually happen.

I am on the most recent build from today - 2005.200512-1756.

Thanks everyone for your time.

submitted by /u/-Here_For_The_Laughs
    [link] [comments]

/u/-Here_For_The_Laughs, May 13, 2020
  2. Mister Maka Win User

Xbox Games and Apps will not launch also 30 games uninstalled all at once.

Hey there KNG Rex.

It sounds like the external storage device may be the culprit. Are you able to install games to your internal storage while the external storage device is unplugged? Try navigating your Xbox One without any USB devices plugged in to see if there's a change.
    Let us know :)
  3. Mister Maka Win User

'Saved state' function of previously played game not working

Hey there nickillaz.

Are you able to confirm if the games that you are currently experiencing this issue with are installed on your external storage device? It's possible your HDD isn't being powered while the Xbox One is powered down, leading to the game closing.
  4. WPAK Win User

Xbox one games crashing upon launch

Hi there,

just to be sure, are the games installed on the internal storage device or an external storage device?

If they are installed on an external storage device, please try and see what happens if the game is installed on the internal storage device and the external storage device is disconnected.
  5. Mister Maka Win User

DLC and Compatibility Packs not working.

Hey there TinFour.

If the DLC isn't being registered at all, the issue may come down to your current storage option. Are you using an external or internal storage device? If you're saving externally, try moving that content to internal storage to see if there's a change. Alternatively,
    try downloading the content onto a different external device.
  6. TooGr3aT2 Win User

External storage

You can also try unplugging the external storage device, then power cycling the xbox, then reconnecting the external storage device and see of that works.
Thema:

Xbox is unable to find external storage device while being on the newest alpha build.

1. Xbox is unable to find external storage device while being on the newest alpha build. - Similar Threads - unable find external

2. Teredo unable to qualify although I tried everything I could find online

in XBoX on Windows
    Teredo unable to qualify although I tried everything I could find online: Problem occured more than a month ago where I couldn't connect to any Xbox Live service, including Forza Horizon 4 online session. I tried some fixes and they worked, at least for a short while....
  3. Unable to find code that came with the Xbox One Box

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to find code that came with the Xbox One Box: Hiya I bought my son the Xbox One Digital Edition that came with Sea of Thieves, Fortnite and Minecraft. Only now, having played through the other games, it comes to install Fortnite and I am...
  4. Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures?: I recently was going through my PC files to clean up videos and pictures I may need later, since my laptop stopped charging on its own a while ago. I put my Game DVR captures (the whole "Captures"...
  5. Not receiving Party or game invites. Unable to find games on Dying light. But able to send...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not receiving Party or game invites. Unable to find games on Dying light. But able to send...: When someone sends me a party invite it comes through on the phone app. And sometimes the pc app. But its not showing up on my console. Also Dying Light will tell me there are X games I can join....
  6. Unable to find microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to find microphone: Can someone please give me advice on how to fix this. Ive tried everything i can find online to solves this but nothing seems to work. Thanks. [img] e2eaae24-3d76-409e-97e8-aa177ac6b543
  7. Unable to find NAT type FIXED?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to find NAT type FIXED?: So I was getting that error all morning, got home from work tonight and just gave it a shot and it worked immediately. On WiFi and with decent cellular service it worked amazingly! Can't wait to...
  8. (Unable to find Microphones for these people) Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Unable to find Microphones for these people) Issue: So I had come home from walmart getting a new headset because my old one had broken, and came home to it not working at all. I tried a regular headset, my new one, and earbuds, and none worked....
  9. Unable to find microphone - mic striked through

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to find microphone - mic striked through: Hi everyone, I've noticed this to be quite a widespread issue. I am not able to chat but I can hear others through the tv. The mic is striked-through and I have no idea what to do next. This is...
  10. Unable to find microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to find microphone: My son is now on his 4th headset, this one a genuine xbox one but a he gets is the message in the title, I see hundreds of people have this problem, I have been through all the solutions I see...