Xbox keeps force pushing RB on my friends controller

Discus and support Xbox keeps force pushing RB on my friends controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, asking for some advice for a friend. He is currently having some issues using his xbox due to his controller constantly pressing RB. He has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Agt Kansas, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Agt Kansas
    Agt Kansas Guest

Hi, asking for some advice for a friend.

He is currently having some issues using his xbox due to his controller constantly pressing RB.

He has tried updating the controller as well as trying 2 other controllers and with each controller has the same issue - both wired and wireless.

He has also factory reset his xbox and tied hard resetting and resyncing controllers.

Wondering if anyone has ever had the same thing happen or knows of a fix.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Agt Kansas, Jul 31, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Kansas,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Have you and your friend been able to test this out on a different Xbox? For example, does your friends controller act the same way on your Xbox?

Also, does this only affect his account? Does this happen with all accounts on his Xbox? It is possible that both of his controllers are worn out in the same way over time. In this case he can put in his controllers serial numbers here to check for warranty
    : Replace your controller
  3. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi Agt Kansas,

Thanks for your update. Be sure to disconnect any USB devices from your console and try using the controller again. If you've already completed a factory reset, try an

Offline System Update (OSU)
    . This will update the console's operating system to the latest and most stable version to correct any software errors that could possibly cause this issue.

I hope this helps.
  5. Agt Kansas Win User

Hi Chris

Yes he has tried his controller on another console. He has actually borrowed one from another friend that works fine on the friends xbox but not on his xbox.

We cannot find out whether it is just on his account or not as navigating the menus is impossible as it's acting as if it is constantly acting as if RB is held down even with the controllers off.

I am very confident that it's not because of a broken controller.
  6. Agt Kansas Win User

We have tried this along with factory reset. Genuinely at a loss
Thema:

1. Xbox keeps force pushing RB on my friends controller - Similar Threads - keeps force pushing

2. Fortnite keeps going back to home

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite keeps going back to home: What is causing the Fortnite game to keep returning to home screen? Playing on Xbox 1S. dd9ef566-fa9b-4567-a3ce-1f51858808b0
  3. Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from internet over Ethernet in “instant on” mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from internet over Ethernet in “instant on” mode: I understand there has been another thread regarding this issue here however I strongly disagree with the solution. The issue is several Xbox One Xs keep losing internet connectivity (using...
  4. destiny 2 keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    destiny 2 keeps crashing: I play destiny 2 digitally on Xbox one X, when I play the game every 20 minutes or less the game will crash saying "Can't read game content, quit or restart the game", I have restarted my xbox, I...
  5. Xbox console companion app keeps crashing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox console companion app keeps crashing: Every time i open the app it crashes after about 10-20 seconds 743f6756-88b3-4c29-8bcd-207d013cb923
  6. destiny 2 keeps crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    destiny 2 keeps crashing: I play destiny 2 digitally on Xbox one X, when I play the game every 20 minutes or less the game will crash saying "Can't read game content, quit or restart the game", I have restarted my xbox, I...
  7. He keeps on falsely reporting me

in XBoX on Consoles
    He keeps on falsely reporting me: It was the last day of season 9 and i was trying to complete the rest of my fortybytes. I had one left to do and there was only around 5 minutes left until the season ended. So i was able to get...
  8. I can't play Battlefield V anymore after latest Beta update. It keeps freezing and force...

in XboX Insiders
    I can't play Battlefield V anymore after latest Beta update. It keeps freezing and force...: Don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm using Xbox One X. These games crashes are getting worse and worse. Now even Battlefield V, that I have never seen any kind of issues like that, is...
  9. Star Wars Battlefront will not let me play single off line, keeps forcing me to set up online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star Wars Battlefront will not let me play single off line, keeps forcing me to set up online: newbie gift for Christmas. Xbox One Games: Call of Duty - Tital Fall- Star Wars Battlefront Star Wars is the only one that will not let me play off line. it stops at EA password. I don't...
  10. Forced Gamertag change keep getting error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced Gamertag change keep getting error: (0x80a40008) How can I change my name if I can't even sign in to old to change it? ea75a4b5-d84c-4ce8-8393-8879c85850d9