Xbox keeps Hard Resetting itself

Discus and support Xbox keeps Hard Resetting itself in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This has been going on a few weeks now and began recently after I had downloaded Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. I will be playing a game and then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lullabye49, May 9, 2019.

1. Lullabye49
    Lullabye49 Guest

This has been going on a few weeks now and began recently after I had downloaded Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. I will be playing a game and then it'll freeze, I'll hear a "Grrr/rrrr" noise and the console will power down. I've since deleted Garden
    Warfare and followed the steps to reset the cache I found online. (power down console, unplug, plug in, restart) I have also set the console to do the long restart every time, instead of instant on. The last thing I tried was the "Clear local saved games"
    option in the Settings. (Settings>System>Storage)

I have mostly been able to cut down on the issue occurring. However there have been times when playing Dragon Age Inquisition, and maybe 5 minutes ago Outcast - Second Contact, when this will still happen.

I have 289.5GB free and have the 1TB Battlefield One edition Xbox One S. As far as I know it's cooling fine, I used a compressed air can to remove dust from the fan as much as possible.

Is this a hardware issue instead of a software issue? What other tricks can I try to get this resolved?

:)

Lullabye49, May 9, 2019
  2. R4VER Win User

It does sound like its over heating, just make sure theres nothing blocking any of your vents on the console, the s has the main power as an internal rather than the brick the first xbox one had.

If its not overheating it could well be a power issue where you may be best off seeking a repair

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly
  3. Live Die Retry Win User

Hey Lullabye49,

I'll give you a little bit of my own Personal experience

I had a similar problem a while back with the original Xbox One that I had bought the first day it came out. About 3 years down the line all of my apps would freeze up and then it would shut down. I looked just about everywhere for a solution. Some places say
    clear your saved game data, others say reset it to factory settings, or it could be your power brick. Its just that it is a very broad problem to search for "Xbox unexpectedly shutting off or freezing". I feel like it is something to do with the hardware.
    What i found was that the factory reset (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults) would
    work for a temporary fix and would allow me to play for weeks at a time before the next incident(which i would have to reset it again). I eventually got fed up with it and went out and bought myself the Xbox One X.

Wish I could help you out a little better then that but that my personal experience with this problem

-Travis
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there Lullabye,

Sorry to hear you are running into this problem with your console. If you have already gone through all the troubleshooting that is listed under "Troubleshooting
    Xbox One unexpectedly turning off
    " then it is possible that the console needs to be sent in for a repair.

Is this a newer Xbox One console or have you had it for some time now? If you do need to set up the repair you can always go through the

Microsoft Device Support
    website to register your console and set up the order.

I Hope this helps.
  5. Jewish Guy 3000 Win User

xbox keeps resetting itself

My Xbox keeps restarting also I've only had it a year and a half ish it's the s model also I can't really imagine that it's my tv it's only a year old also and was quite expensive. I go on my Xbox and 10 mins later it goes black on the screen and it restarts
    after that it does it again within a 1 min help and if I have to send it off to get repaired for the 28 days which seems more like a hundred and miss AC3 and Black ops 2 I won't be happy. Microsoft claim it will last 5 years, 5 years my ***!
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

xbox keeps resetting itself

Thanks for doing that Racer! So we have a disc drive issue now I see. With these compounding hardware issues, I suggest setting up a repair order. You can set that up here online (support.xbox.com/.../repair-process).
    Please let me know if you have any questions about this process, thanks!
Thema:

1. Xbox keeps Hard Resetting itself - Similar Threads - keeps Hard Resetting

2. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: I'm having the same exact issue that this person posted in this thread that was started a month ago that was for some reason considered "old" and then locked with no resolution: The external HDD...
  3. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: The external HDD (Seagate STDT3000300 BACKUP PLUS Desktop 3TB, USB3.0, 3.5 inch external drive, powered by external power) of my Xbox One keeps spinning up for a few seconds then spinning down...
  4. Xbox one keeps signing me out but is not loosing Internet connection have done the hard restart

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one keeps signing me out but is not loosing Internet connection have done the hard restart: I have done everything that I can possibly think off to try and fix this there is not a single issue that comes back. It only ever happens when I'm watching YouTube, then bam I'm signed out I've...
  5. W10 keeps waking my sleeping hard disk

in XBoX on Windows
    W10 keeps waking my sleeping hard disk: Hi, Since I installed Forza Motorsport 7 on one of my secondary storage drives, Windows is waking the drive on regular basis for no reason (I would say each 10 minutes after sleeping). How to...
  6. The insider previews keep saying pending and it’s been about four days I did a hard reset ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The insider previews keep saying pending and it’s been about four days I did a hard reset ...: The insider previews keep saying pending and it’s been about four days I did a hard reset and my system and it still says pending on the a preview program app. Can u make it stop pending My...
  7. External Hard Drive keeps disconnected my xbox from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive keeps disconnected my xbox from the internet: i recently got a maxone 500 GB external hard drive which is compatible with xbox one, but every time i plug it into the USB ports in the back, my xbox is immediately disconnected from the internet...
  8. External Hard Drive Keeps Disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Keeps Disconnecting: I got an Xbox One X yesterday and i used an external Hard drive to transfer my games and settings. It all worked fine and all my games where there but when i turn the Xbox off it disconnects the...
  9. Xbox keeps crashing to the dashboard even after hard reset and factory default.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps crashing to the dashboard even after hard reset and factory default.: Originally happened when I was playing fallout 4. Since then all games disc and download will work for a minute or two, basically get to the main menu screen or beginning cinema than kick me back...
  10. Xbox one keeps disconnecting from Network having to hard reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one keeps disconnecting from Network having to hard reset?: my xbox one at least once every 2 days will disconnect from xbox live and the only thing that seems to fix it is hard resetting the console. anybody deal with this or know about it?...