Xbox keeps labeling me a minor (I’m not)

Discus and support Xbox keeps labeling me a minor (I’m not) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was trying to buy a realm on minecraft but it won’t let me and it keeps saying im a child when im not. 882fa534-6b52-4203-99de-0f00f313a70a Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lovesic2k, Jan 24, 2021.

1. lovesic2k
    lovesic2k Guest

I was trying to buy a realm on minecraft but it won’t let me and it keeps saying im a child when im not.

:)

lovesic2k, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Tatakai no Kami Win User

My Cousin

[quote user="ZombieTron"]

Age ratings on games and for movies are for guidance, it is not illegal for children to watch M rated movies or play M rated games. It would be impossible to enforce if it was illegal.

If a store owner believes that an M rated title or alcohol or cigarettes are being purchased for a minor, they can refuse service.

It is up to the parents to decide what content is suitable for their own children.

To the original poster, even tho your cousin may want to play M rated games, it is up to you to control who plays what on your xbox. If your cousin plays it elsewhere, there is nothing you can do, except speak to his parents about it.

[/quote]You do realize this is an international forum? What is a guideline in one country is law in another. What I posted is law where I live it is illegal to sell M rated games to minors or for an adult to provide an M rated game to a minor even if they
    are the parent/legal guardian, But an adult/legal guardian can legally provide alcohol to a minor in their care.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Is this ok for your company

ARK: Survival Evolved is marked by ESRB as M for mature. Only an irresponsible person would allow a child to play an M rated game (by default the child accounts in xbox one are blocked from playing games not suitable for minors)
  4. ngocphi Win User

Family settings blocking access to games when M rate and Non - Rated content Allowed

if you are trying to access a demo that is m rated then no

no settings will change that as its not a account setting issue its an legal issue

minors are not allowed to view m rated advertising which is what demos and trailers are
  5. ComedyInK Win User

too young to play battlefield 3

[quote user="WiCkEdMaDCaRnIe"]

@: Your kidding right? Their are definitely rules, maybe not laws, but rules for selling M rated games. No respectable company will sell an M rated video game to anyone under the age of 17 (In America).

[/quote]

store rules only, I have seen no laws which prevent a minor from buying a M Rated game. I can go to a Mom and Pop store if I have 15 and buy GTA4 (M Rated) when it came out, because there are no laws prohibiting sale to minors, but I can't buy cigs at that
    age. Gamestop/EB Games on the other hand, most of them obey the ESRB Rating Suggestions and will ask for ID.

So like I says, they can buy M rated games.
  6. ThankOurTroops Win User

Why are 6 years old playing this game

What I should have said is it NEEDS to be made a law that minors are not allowed to play M rated games. Game stores need to refuse sales to minors and also parents if they believe that the game will go to a minor. Take for example a parent buying Call of
    Duty when their 10 year old is right next to them. The salesperson should point out the rating and the description of said rating and refuse to sell it to them. There should also be a law that says if someone who is obviously a minor is playing multiplayer
    in an M rated game that the adults in the game can contact Microsoft and have their account banned or shut down and their console bricked. Then the parents should be held accountable and punished.
Thema:

1. Xbox keeps labeling me a minor (I’m not) - Similar Threads - keeps labeling minor

2. Xbox wireless headset keeps disconnecting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox wireless headset keeps disconnecting: Hello I'm having a issue with my Xbox Series X. I have a Kaira Pro wireless gaming headset that keeps disconnecting randomly mid game and the only way to fix the issue is if I restart the xbox. I...
  3. Xbox One X digital game installation keeps stopping even after factory reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X digital game installation keeps stopping even after factory reset: Hi, Please help! My digital game installations keeps stopping even after I have factory reset my Xbox One X. This is really annoying and not allowing me to install games or updates. Does this...
  4. External HDD keeps on disconnecting every-time i switch off / on console

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD keeps on disconnecting every-time i switch off / on console: I use a Sony 1TB external hdd to capture all my game recordings and screenshots but every time I turn on the console there’s a little pop up on the top saying that my HDD was disconnected and I’ve...
  5. Game keeps disconnecting and saying, "disconnected from xbox live"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game keeps disconnecting and saying, "disconnected from xbox live": I have an xbox series x but whenever i try a game, around 2 minutes in, it disconnects me and tells me that I "disconnected from xbox live". It is basically impossible to play a single game...
  6. Xbox keeps kicking me out of parties and games every 10 to 15 minutes and doesn’t let me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox keeps kicking me out of parties and games every 10 to 15 minutes and doesn’t let me...: Im trying to play my games with my friends but it will kick me out of the party and the game but im confused because it will not disconnect me from xbox live and will say my network it fine and...
  7. Do i keep games

in XBoX on Windows
    Do i keep games: If I buy the Gamepass do keep the game I bought? 903c35c4-c0c9-4529-8a15-b97e3f1d3453
  8. While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...

in XBoX on Mobile
    While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...: While playing Call of Duty Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected with a bluetooth headset at the same time. It works fine if I used a wired headset. The PS5...
  9. Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox: Hi, this has been an issue for over a year now since i first downloaded Kingdom Hearts 3 and Untitled Goose Game from the gamepass onto my external hard drive. Ive never had an issue downloading...
  10. Xbox One X with random shutdown's keeps getting send back unrepaired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X with random shutdown's keeps getting send back unrepaired: Hello, I don't know what to do anymore so I will post my question here. My Xbox One X keeps shutting down randomly. Two times already I sent it in for repairs and got it back with only the...