Xbox less responsive and can't load games (0x8027025a)

Discus and support Xbox less responsive and can't load games (0x8027025a) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, the performance of my Xbox One (bought on day one in 2013) has been slowly degrading for a while now and I'm not sure what to try next. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mattgrayling, Aug 2, 2020.

1. mattgrayling
    mattgrayling Guest

Hi there, the performance of my Xbox One (bought on day one in 2013) has been slowly degrading for a while now and I'm not sure what to try next. It started out being unable to play larger games, for example in Battlefront 2 it either didn't load the game
    at all or would take a few minutes to load in some textures which made the game unplayable, and after this happened the console would begin to lag in the menus constantly. This issue appeared a few times and I fixed with a mix of offline software updates and
    factory resets which would solve the lagginess and older games were fine but newer games would still never run.

Today I was trying to play Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 and it initially wouldn't load, did load eventually but then was unable to swap characters or leave the first area loaded, just going black. I tried another factory reset (full, not keeping apps and user
    data) but then the game wouldn't load, giving the error code 0x8027025a. After this didn't work, I tried yet another factory reset and now the game won't even install, getting stuck at 25%. I have managed to load and play the original 2005 Battlefront 2 though,
    I just tested that to see if a very small game would work and it did.

Having gone through multiple factory resets I can't really see what else I can do at this point. My guess is maybe a faulty HDD is responsible which is why smaller games work but it still seems weird to me that for so long a factory reset was able to just
    sort out the lagginess and have games run fine. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could try and do to fix it now? I don't want to have to buy a new console this close to the release of the new generation.

:)

mattgrayling, Aug 2, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. DennisSaylor Win User

I'm getting the same error code

This was supposed to be in response to the 0x8027025a error code thread
  3. DanMoung Win User

Still having error problems

Yes, it is error code 0x8027025a. More specifically what happens is this, I put my game into my Xbox one and it doesn't automatically load. I click on the game tile/square and the game logo appears, but my game doesn't advance past that screen. Instead
    I get kicked back to the dashboard with error 0x8027025a. Then i have to restart my Xbox to get it to load my games. I don't have any issues with crashing during gameplay, just with loading my games. Oh and btw guys, i am using auto play.
  4. kitman78 Win User

Error code 0x87e00005 when trying to install any digital game on my xbox one S

Also while trying to install the game I can't seem to do anything else on the console, trying to get to the Microsoft store results in an error 0x8027025a stating Microsoft Store has taken too long to start. Once the install is aborted then I can load
    the store.
  5. spectac65 Win User

Games not loading

I got error code 0x8027025a on a digital game once saying that the game took too long to load. But I have tried physical and digital games.
  6. Julian Smith Win User

Disc-based games stuck on the start splash screen

Sorry - forgot to say the error code. The message box telling me the game had failed to load for unknown reason gave an error code of 0x8027025a
Thema:

1. Xbox less responsive and can't load games (0x8027025a) - Similar Threads - less responsive can't

2. Less Slippery Joysticks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Less Slippery Joysticks?: I need help. I am trying to get better on FPS games like Call of Duty. But, my right Joystick is slippery causing my thumb to be unstable and ruining my aim. Anyone know a cheap solution to have...
  3. Why can’t I refund a game I purchased in the last 14 days that I played for less than 2 hours?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why can’t I refund a game I purchased in the last 14 days that I played for less than 2 hours?: Yesterday I bought 7 Days to Die under the idea that it was cross play because I checked the developers website and it says that it’s cross play. However it is not cross play so I requested a...
  4. I have less than one week left of Ultimate and I have a 3 month Gold code, will I get 50...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I have less than one week left of Ultimate and I have a 3 month Gold code, will I get 50...: Okay so I already used the $1 gold to ultimate deal and my months that were converted are about to end. I am wondering if I will get 50 days + 1 month more of ultimate after redeeming my 3 month...
  5. Xbox One X: Issues twice in less than a year- need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X: Issues twice in less than a year- need help: Really, really frustrating situation here. I bought an Xbox One X last year in March and less than 2 months later, had to send it in for service for a non-displaying video issue. Then, about 2...
  6. Less than 12 characters gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Less than 12 characters gamertag: Hey! My current gamertag (WaxenSnail53855) has 12+ characters. I don't like this gamertag so I decided to change it. It says that I cannot use more than 12 characters, but both this gamertag and...
  7. Elite Series 2 Unusable in less than 6 months

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Unusable in less than 6 months: I've had my Elite Series 2 for a little under 6 months. First, the left bumper stopped working. I had paddles I could map to, so it wasn't the end of the world. Then my right stick got a little...
  8. xbox live sharing suddenly stopped functioning, also auto-pay needs less scammy update

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live sharing suddenly stopped functioning, also auto-pay needs less scammy update: so i originally have had my xbox one set up with my girlfriends xbox one (as my home xbox) and she was sharing her live subscription with me but recently has just stopped sharing live, all the...
  9. When my downloads reach 50% the download speed drops from 50mbps to less than 1mbps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When my downloads reach 50% the download speed drops from 50mbps to less than 1mbps: I have good reliable internet but with my original xbox one when a downlod or update reaches 50% it becomes extremely slow. It will go from 10 minutes left to 5hours in seconds once it get half...
  10. Xbox wont turn on. New power brick died in less than a week.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont turn on. New power brick died in less than a week.: I recently had to buy a new power brick for my xbox one because the last one overheated. After waiting for a week and a half for the new one to ship it dies in less than a week. It still gets...