Xbox light blinking on/off, and can't turn the console on

Discus and support Xbox light blinking on/off, and can't turn the console on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i tried turning on my xbox one just now, and the home screen came up all *** up (ie. smaller resolution, and with a "oops, hold down" message but i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BurialFungus130, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Xbox light blinking on/off, and can't turn the console on

i tried turning on my xbox one just now, and the home screen came up all *** up (ie. smaller resolution, and with a "oops, hold down" message but i couldn't do anything with my controller, so i just powered off.

It now is off, but the light is just blinking on and off, and i can't turn the console on.... is this just a dashboard update, or should i disconnect power?

Thanks in advance.

:)

BurialFungus130, Sep 3, 2014
  2. mgeppel
    mgeppel Guest
    3 Red Lights only when hdmi cable plugged in.

So when I start my xbox360 up, I get the 3 red blinking lights. When I turn it off and unplug my hdmi video cable, and turn the console back on its goes back to normal. As soon as I plug my HDMI cable into console the 3 blinking red lights come back....Not
    sure what to do at this point.

mgeppel, Sep 3, 2014
  3. WraithBC
    WraithBC Guest
    Error 0x8027025A

Also my Xbox 1 light started blinking when I turn it off, and now when I turn it on I'm getting a black screen and then error code 0x81c201c3.

I've had the console for about a year and a half.

WraithBC, Sep 3, 2014
  4. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest

The blinking light happened to me as well. I just held down the power button down on the console until it shuts off completely. I haven't had this issue since I did that reset. Hope this helps!!

CMUchippewa, Sep 3, 2014
  5. GaryWinteringham Win User

New March update?

Seriously, just turned my console off to notice the light start blinking then turn off. Looked at the power brick and it was orange, turned my console back on to be greeted with a green update bar :)
  6. WraithBC Win User

Error 0x8027025A

Also my Xbox 1 light started blinking when I turn it off, and now when I turn it on I'm getting a black screen and then error code 0x81c201c3.

I've had the console for about a year and a half.
  7. Tezzarrific Win User

Headset Crackling

when turning the xbox off, if the light is blinking but the screen is off then it is auto downloading an update.

the crackling could be interference between controller and xbox.

Games crashing - not sure.
  8. XBF Crystal P Win User

XBOX will not start.

Hi there Bryan,

Thanks for reaching out! Sounds like your troubleshooting your
    Power Supply for the Xbox One

• The Power supply LED on your power supply, Is the unit light still on, or has it turned off or started blinking? The color white/amber will happen when it filters the power in the surge protector.
    • When troubleshooting take a look at the LED light, does it stay solid or blink (light turns off and on)?

Hope this helps. Let us know.
  9. WRAITH 13th Win User

Hard Reboot Required Every Day

I had same exact issue and have found a fix. Please try this and if it works for others reply here so the ambassadors can sticky and or notify tech support.

First. Have access to the back of you console

Second. Turn off console via hard reset.

Third. Once back on turn off console normal way, push button on front of console.

This will cause Xbox logo to blink a few times before turning off completely.

Forth, while off if you look at your power brick you will see a light that is white.

Fifth, push and hold the Xbox bottom on front of console till the white light on the brink blinks orange.

This rests brick, and doesn't turn on console.

Sixth, unplug the power cable from back of console AND kinect cable.

Seventh, Waite 30 secs, reconnect all turn on system and enjoy playing again.
Thema:

1. Xbox light blinking on/off, and can't turn the console on - Similar Threads - light blinking off

2. Xbox 360 Wired Controllers not working, but the green lights on and are not blinking. Not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wired Controllers not working, but the green lights on and are not blinking. Not...: I have not seen this anywhere else mentioned. We have three wired controllers which stopped working, all plugged into a multi usb port. While in the middle of watching something on Netflix, the...
  3. Blinking light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blinking light: So, my controllers light is blinking whenever i try to use it, I dont know what to do and I tried everything that I could think of, but that wont work, can someone help?...
  4. Xbox one controller drops connection; no blinking lights

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller drops connection; no blinking lights: Im having an issue with controller connectivity. Assuming the controller connects and powers on the console i lose connectivity anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes of operation. Its not a...
  5. Xbox doesn't turn off - light blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox doesn't turn off - light blinking: Recently, my Xbox One S has stopped turning off properly. I click the button on the console, my TV loses signal from the console, but the light blinks and the fan whirrs indefinitely. So far the...
  6. Xbox wont turn off!!! Light blinks for 10-20 minutes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wont turn off!!! Light blinks for 10-20 minutes: So I have an xbox one X and lately it's been acting weird when I go to turn it off. I've really only noticed it after a longer play session, 3-4+ hours, but when I go to turn it off it turns the...
  7. Xbox one x power light blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x power light blinking: during update, it went to black screen, then started blinking. should i be concerned 330df162-59e5-4f0f-ab34-5eed7fe1cce9
  8. Xbox Controller unable to connect to PC suddenly with X light blinking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Controller unable to connect to PC suddenly with X light blinking: When I try to connect my Xbox Controller to my PC, the X light is blinking and I am unable to use my controller. (This started happening after an abrupt disconnect while I was using my controller)...
  9. Anthem literally causes my Xbox to shut off and the white light blinks very fast for about...

in XboX Insiders
    Anthem literally causes my Xbox to shut off and the white light blinks very fast for about...: This has now occurred 3-4 times this month on the Xbox one x console in Alpha Skip. I know around 9 months ago there was a major issue with Anthem but even after game and system updates this...
  10. When I turn on, in 1 second the green centered light blinks about 4 times and turns off my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on, in 1 second the green centered light blinks about 4 times and turns off my ...: I've no idea what is going on... I've tested with a different power supply in a different outlet, but the result is the same. Any suggestions ? ty ! 38a0dadc-0199-467a-9f00-17038ba1a0ed