Xbox lights up but no signal to screen and eventually turns off

Discus and support Xbox lights up but no signal to screen and eventually turns off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One Elite and my console has decided to stop fully turning on. I press the on button and it lights up making all the usual noises. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Awesomness150, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Xbox lights up but no signal to screen and eventually turns off

I have an Xbox One Elite and my console has decided to stop fully turning on.

I press the on button and it lights up making all the usual noises. It also lights up in response to me turning my controller on (although the controller itself does not actually connect). The console also accepts and ejects discs absolutely fine.

However, there is no signal to the TV - the box sits there idle for about a minute and then just turns itself off. I've tried power cycling, holding down the power button for several seconds, I have tried replacing the power supply and all myriad of options.

I see quite a few solutions online for when the box makes the startup noise but nothing else, here it appears to be turning on but then just doesn't continue booting to the home screen. My TV gets no signal for the entire time it is lit up. When a disk is inserted I can hear the sound of the disc being read but even sometimes in the middle of this it just decides to power down, making the typical chime down noise.

Does anyone have any solutions to this??

Thanks

:)

Awesomness150, Apr 7, 2021
  2. PigeonRacer77 Win User

We can't turn on your console

Picked up a brand new router and connected just the xbox1 and my computer to it.

Still cant turn the xbox one on using apps

When sending the turn on signal from the app I can see activity lights flashing.... then turn off...then flash again

Like the app is sending the signal and the nic is receiving it but it wont turn on
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox one S turning off

Not sure that taking it apart is the best first move. I would recommend reviewing this page here for if

it's not turning on or turns off unexpectedly.

When you turned it on, and did not display on screen, was the light on the console on? Was it on and then turn off? A little bit more information about what you saw on screen, and what happened with the display (if it showed that it did not get a signal)
    and the status light on the console, can help us identify the best troubleshooting steps moving forward.
  4. SneezleXXX Win User

somehow it did

Actually, this has happened to me before, but it was from an ir signal sent from a different device that was able to turn on the xbox. It may seem strange, but flashing lights, and even moving fan blades near light can give off a "ir" signal for a split
    second, enough to turn on your xbox, or even tv.
  5. n4cer Win User

I was in the promised land, now I'm in hell...lol

I had a similar issue a couple hours ago.

The screen went black, but I knew the console worked because I could hear the audio prompt when I said "Xbox" and when Kinect logged me in after startup.

My TV also showed that it had a signal from the HDMI even though the screen was blank.

Turning the console on/off normally did nothing.

I held down the power button until the light went out, and the light on the power adapter turned red.

I then turned the console on, and the green xbox one screen appeared.

It then showed a black screen for a few moments, then the xbox logo in the center and then at top right.

It may have shown black again, but eventually displayed the home screen.

I also had an issue with the HDMI IN going black, but selecting "HDMI:Connected" in the TV&OneGuide settings | Troubleshooting fixed it.

CapricanToaster, you mentioned your Kinect kept turning on/off.

Have you checked the connection to be sure it hasn't come loose (unfortunately, I wasn't looking at my Kinect as the system was starting)?
  6. TenchuRFD Win User

Black Screen Help!

Thanks for the help,but unfortunatly it didn't help me.This happened immidiently after the update.When it automatically turned on the "No signal" from the screen dissapeard but after 5 mn it showed up again.The Ring with Lights on xbox360 didn't turn on(except
    the middle one).
Thema:

Xbox lights up but no signal to screen and eventually turns off

1. Xbox lights up but no signal to screen and eventually turns off - Similar Threads - lights signal screen

2. dying light weapons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    dying light weapons: does anyone have any inf ammo guns fccfd531-9881-48f7-b59a-67e200570eb7
  3. Dying light the following not starting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dying light the following not starting: Ive recently bought dying light the following as a digital copy but it only gets as far as the initial loading screen before returning to the xbox one dashboard...i have tried at least 5 different...
  4. Xbox One solid orange power brick light, no chime and won’t turn on

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One solid orange power brick light, no chime and won’t turn on: Hello, I am having a problem with my Xbox One where it won’t turn on and the button won’t chime. The power brick light is solid orange with a slight flicker. I have looked online and have tried...
  5. 8TB Seagate External HDD On Powered Off XBox One Randomly Lights Up A Few Times A Day

in XBoX on Consoles
    8TB Seagate External HDD On Powered Off XBox One Randomly Lights Up A Few Times A Day: This just started occurring. Once or thrice a day the external HDD lights up momentarily then goes off. The odd thing is my Xbox One it's attached to is powered off. To be honest I wouldn't...
  6. red light Xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    red light Xbox360: my xbox green light turned into red light suddenly 6774890f-3772-45a2-8049-7b3de877783a
  7. Xbox Wireless controller not charging anymore - Microsoft charging cable doesn't light...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless controller not charging anymore - Microsoft charging cable doesn't light...: Hi team, I've had an Xbox One X for a few years now and the Xbox One before that and I haven't played the Xbox One X for a number of months now but started to play it again recently and have...
  8. Destiny 2 Beyond light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Destiny 2 Beyond light: Bought the game plus 3 seasons for my daughter. XBox shows it installed but she cant play it. She is able to play the earlier releases but not Beyond light. Any ideas....
  9. Xbox Series X light on no TV signal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X light on no TV signal: Hi, I’ve got a weird issue with my Xbox Series X. Every so often I notice that the Xbox front indicator light is on even though the console was turned off. The controller isn’t on, and if I turn...
  10. No signal if buttons are lightly pushed, button is physically down

in XBoX on Consoles
    No signal if buttons are lightly pushed, button is physically down: There is an issue with my Xbox one controller in Windows. When I press down the X button with a light click it doesn't always send a signal that the button is down even when I can see that the...